H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H1 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H1

Old 12-03-2007, 09:59 PM
Hummer Authority

ssgharkness020147 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Predator Motorsports Stage 4 Engine Upgrade

Damn. This is probably the worst story I have heard yet. Sorry to hear about all your troubles. FWIW, I would keep the intercooler. Regardless that is completely unacceptable, report them to the BBB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002H1
Predator talked me into a 2" body lift with a 2" suspension. After they installed both lifts and the stage 4 kit, they called me and said it looked insane but I will need to get new bigger tires to accommodate the lift. I stressed concern before I purchased the lift first and then before I purchased rims / tires. Both times they all stated they do these installations all the time. I was very worried about the Tranny with all these extras. They said the stock tranny is bulletproof. After the put the rims on I picked it up. Right away the coolant light came on. I drove it back. They forgot to add more fluid to the cooling system upgrade. I then left as they were closing. As soon as I got on the freeway the check engine light came on as the truck was sputtering. I took it to a good mechanic and he stated" the waste gate control is locking up and creating the turbo to sputter, they didn't cut a hole for the steering boot and it is ripped, he also stated I should not off-road this truck at all with the rims, tires, and lift they installed. He said it would be unsafe and the rims would crack. I told Predator we travel to Mexico and Havasu alot and we plan on going off-road our H1 often. They LIED... Also, they stated that my hummer is the first one they put the body and suspension after I kept asking questions. I don't remember if I mentioned how they installed their D Ring Bumper wrong, resting on my hood rather than suspending it above the hood. Also they scratched the s--- out of my hood on the passenger side below the D Ring. They don't know what they are doing...I have been there at least 5 times for them to fix problems from their problems. Now Im going on monday to have them take all that CRAP off!!!!!

-007=
Old 12-11-2007, 08:52 AM
Hummer Novice

2002H1 is on a distinguished road

I recently brought my H1 back to Predator and discussed the problems I am having. They agreed to fix all issues and the even offered to compensate me for my troubles by powder coating some additional parts on my truck. They seem to be making good on their end. I'll keep you posted!
Old 12-12-2007, 03:10 AM
Hummer Veteran

phazer42 is on a distinguished road

if you want more power buy a corvette....

truely the only thing that you can do to increase the power on the 6.5TD without doing anything too crazy to run into the issues that you heard from 2002H1 then study up on the boost fooler that Steve Yee was working on on humvee.net...... basically it increases your turbo boost which of course increases your power....
Old 04-14-2008, 06:04 PM
Hummer Novice

H1hummerfiend is on a distinguished road

this is the worst story I have heard, but sounds like you found some honest guys that are down to help.(dont want to know how much it cost you though)man thats a tough lesson
Old 05-15-2008, 11:16 AM
Hummer Novice

2002H1 is on a distinguished road

I forgot to update my my issues with the Predator Stage 4 Engine Kit. I brought my H1 back to Predator in Dec 2007 and spoke to Josh about my issues. He was very quick to address each issue. The check engine light was a minor adjustment and it was taken care of. They actually took back the rims, tires, lift and gave me credit toward other items. I have since learned that half shafts problems are quite common with the H1. I must say in the end, Predator did take care of me. I drove the truck Tahoe in late Dec and it was smooth and the gas was very decent for how fast and powerful it is. It plowed the 4 feet of fresh snow. I have a 03 H1 soft top and the 02 with the Predator Stage 4 Kit smokes it, and it's a wagon. In the end I am Very Pleased with the Stage 4 Kit. I admit, I was harsh on them harsh on them. I was frustrated with some issues on the truck that probable existed on the truck prior and I vented on Predator. In the end I admit I am happy with the kit and the way they handled the situation. I would recommend the kit and their products. It has been six months and everything runs perfect. I recently have decided to put the Stage 4 Kit on my 03 soft top, along with multiple other products. In the end Predator took care of everything, plus. Sorry for the quick bashing and late response.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:28 AM
Elcova Rookie

Ztoe is on a distinguished road

I INSTALLED ALL THE COMPONENTS FOR THE PREDATOR STAGE 4 AND MY H1 WAGON WILL STAY WITH MY BUDDIES ALPHA THAT IS STOCK RIGHT NOW AND WE LIVE AT A MILE HIGH HERE IN DENVER THE GUYS AT PREDATOR HAVE ALWAYS TREATED ME WELL AND STOOD BEHING THEIR PRODUCTS SO FAR AFTER 10-12K MILES ON THE KIT I HAVE HAD NO MECHANICAL PROBLEMS MY HUMMER RUNS AND SOUNDS AWESOME

jIM
Old 05-05-2009, 09:43 PM
Hummer Authority

ssgharkness020147 is an unknown quantity at this point

GOOD DEAL. GLAD THEY GOT THEIR **** TOGETHER.

-007=
Old 05-06-2009, 01:09 PM
Hummer Professional

audiofetish is on a distinguished road

I'll admit I used to hate Predator. Had some bad experiences with some H2 parts years ago. I gave them a second chance and now I have tons of their products. I talk to Josh all the time. I get parts for a lot of the other ALHOG members.
95 Heep Wrangler
90 5.Slow
99 HMC4 Sold
01 HMCO Sold
04 H2 Adv Sold
03 H2 Lux Totaled
HOPE Volunteer
Old 05-06-2009, 04:49 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Ernie @ Predator makes outlandish claims and then gets pissy when asked to provide proof. There's threads on here about it.