Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > ETC. Forums > General Off Topic

Old 11-01-2006, 04:55 AM
Hummer Guru

MarineHawk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Kerry insults every man and woman in uniform

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHUMMERH2
I'm surprised people my age would actually enter the armed forces, because most I talk to (in the service or not) don't like the commander in chief and his policies. But I don't think it's fair to insult the troops. Insult the people who make their decisions for them.

Maybe you are talking to French and/or gay troops. Wrong.

Yeah, insulting the Commander in Chief is cool. It doesn't damage troop morale in wartime or anything like that. And morale of the troops barely factors in to combat effectiveness. Great idea.
Old 11-01-2006, 05:05 AM
Hummer Guru

Byron York: "And now, of course, Democrats, who might have to defend Kerry in public, are appalled at the way he has injected himself into the campaign. From their point of view, is there any doubt that his political instincts are always wrong? He made a mistake in 2004 by not responding earlier to the Swift Boat Veterans. And now, he has misapplied the lesson of '04 by over-responding to the controversy caused by his "you get stuck in Iraq" statement. The incident will follow him on the campaign trail for at least another day, and, at least once, Democratic candidates everywhere will have to address the Kerry Question. If you were looking for a Democratic candidate to support in 2008, would there be any doubt about who you would not choose?"

"DES MOINES, Iowa A Democratic Congressional candidate from Iowa is canceling a campaign event later this week with Senator John Kerry.
Brucy Braley says Kerry's recent comments about the Iraq war were inappropriate." http://www.eyewitnessnewstv.com/Glob...16595&nav=F2DO

John McCain: "You can't make this up. His statement, basically, was so demeaning to the men and women who are serving in the military that you will be even more grateful than you are at this moment that George Bush is president of the United States?
You can't make this up. His statement was that if you get an education and you do well, then you don't have to go to Iraq, and if you don't have an education, then you have to go to Iraq. Do you know how demeaning that is to the men and women who are serving so magnificently in the cause of freedom and are fighting and dying in Iraq today? As I said, you can't make it up."

Jonah Goldberg: "That's just great stuff for the GOP. If he goes to PA, Santorum can cut an ad of Casey and Kerry together with Kerry's comments bookending the video. If Casey distances himself, the Kerry story has new oxygen. If Casey disinvites Kerry, more oxygen. If Kerry stays away, even more oxygen." http://corner.nationalreview.com/
Old 11-01-2006, 05:07 AM
Hummer Guru

BTW: I'm over 1K posts now, and that makes me feel extra-fancy.
Old 11-01-2006, 05:12 AM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineHawk
BTW: I'm over 1K posts now, and that makes me feel extra-fancy.
Marines are uber ghey

That is all
Old 11-01-2006, 07:12 AM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineHawk
I went to the Gulf War with a regiment of Marines that blew me away with their level of competence, integrity, intelligence, and diligence.

So....... You must be one of the stupid ones Kerry was referring to.

My Video Collectionez

Old 11-01-2006, 08:14 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisAJC
I think Ken or CO should give you a 1 week vacation.
Old 11-01-2006, 02:12 PM
Banned

Mrs.ssippi is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I think I was the only person at our campus to approach the Marine recruiters and tell them, "Thank You." I support the troops, but I don't support the leadership they follow. I'm surprised people my age would actually enter the armed forces, because most I talk to (in the service or not) don't like the commander in chief and his policies. But I don't think it's fair to insult the troops. Insult the people who make their decisions for them.
You are able to say those things about our Commander in Chief and his policies because of our troops. I think most of the troops believe in our Commander in Chief, with the liberal press we only hear about the ones that don't believe in him and what we are doing over there. During a time of war I don't think our troops should hear anything negative while they are fighting over there. I know alot of you are young, but so am I. I know most of you "youngins" have at least read about Vietnam and how our troops were treated when they came home. I personally think that even if you don't believe 100% in what we are doing over there, you damn well better pretend that you do. Change things when you go in and vote. But other than that shut up and support our troops with everything you have. People "your age" are very proud to live in the USA, that is why they join the service. HOME OF THE FREE, BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE !!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-01-2006, 02:13 PM
Banned

Mrs.ssippi is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisAJC
Your in time out go sit in the corner!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-01-2006, 02:19 PM
Banned

William Howard Taft is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I think I was the only person at our campus to approach the Marine recruiters and tell them, "Thank You." I support the troops, but I don't support the leadership they follow. I'm surprised people my age would actually enter the armed forces, because most I talk to (in the service or not) don't like the commander in chief and his policies. But I don't think it's fair to insult the troops. Insult the people who make their decisions for them.

Sir, just because you want to float your sausage in a gumbo of real men, don't insult the Presidency over your sexual preferences.
Old 11-01-2006, 02:24 PM
Hummer Authority

HummerHippy is on a distinguished road

Yea! Who started that rumor that if you stayed in college, you'd get an exemption from the draft!

Gone: 2006 Red H3, Aventure Pkg, 5 Speed, Monsoon, Brush Guard, Rubber Foor mats, Trailer package, Chrome Fuel door, Engine Block Heater.

"You?re making the choices about whether you want to drive a little extra more or not drive extra more."
29-Jul-2008
Old 11-01-2006, 03:04 PM
Hummer Professional

Scouts Out is an unknown quantity at this point

Well Marine Hawk has the facts right, no high school drop out in the Army either. In the Battalion I deployed with, we had over 65% of our soldiers with some college. Of the Cavalry Troop that I commanded, I had nearly 100 soldiers and all but two had some college and over 50% were in college and went to Iraq.

Kerry is a idiot who had no issues to use the military how ever he liked, he used it to raise his statue in the 1970 by making up war crime stories he claims he commited (until they held a hearing to see if he should be charged then he decided he was tallking in a philosophic manner and did not actually happen) later had to recant, then he protrayed his military lineage during the election, now he is pissed that the military does not like he and he dumps on us regularly. His so called medals he won have been show to be examples of decorating himself, a very poor leadership style.

Superior Blue, Adventure Package, Roof mounted off road lights, Auto, 6 Disk Monsoon with XM, Brush Guard, Tire Cover, Husky mud flaps, flat steps, black fuel door.

Other Cars.....

1980 Triumph TR8 3.5 litre V8
Old 11-01-2006, 03:16 PM
Hummer Guru

frenzy1 is on a distinguished road

I support the men and women in uniform!!!!

MY TRUCK : NO !
MY DOG : MAYBE
MY WIFE : YES

Old 11-01-2006, 03:17 PM
Hummer Guru

frenzy1 is on a distinguished road

MY TRUCK : NO !
MY DOG : MAYBE
MY WIFE : YES

Old 11-01-2006, 03:18 PM
Hummer Authority

BlueHUMMERH2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.ssippi
You are able to say those things about our Commander in Chief and his policies because of our troops. I think most of the troops believe in our Commander in Chief, with the liberal press we only hear about the ones that don't believe in him and what we are doing over there. During a time of war I don't think our troops should hear anything negative while they are fighting over there. I know alot of you are young, but so am I. I know most of you "youngins" have at least read about Vietnam and how our troops were treated when they came home. I personally think that even if you don't believe 100% in what we are doing over there, you damn well better pretend that you do. Change things when you go in and vote. But other than that shut up and support our troops with everything you have. People "your age" are very proud to live in the USA, that is why they join the service. HOME OF THE FREE, BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE !!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry, but that's a highly ignorant viewpoint. Blindly supporting a leader because you're trying to be "patriotic" and "an American". You know what happens when a nation does that, when they're fueled by the idea of a nationalism, blind to whatever injustices might occur along the way? You end up with a situation that none of us want to be in, fascism.

You're telling me if I enjoy my freedoms I need to just support the Comander in Chief (CIC) and go along with things? That's BS. If I wanted to praise the CIC, act like he was the greatest, and stand behind him 100%, I'd move to North Korea or Iran. I don't agree with what's been done, and I am not a bible-thumper, and I am certainly not a conservative. I am also not an extreme liberal. And I see no reason why I should be 100% supportive. Is your SS going to come after me, and silence me because I don't agree? Are they going to try to make me fit? I have the right to speak, as do you, but this is true in MANY countries, so don't act like it's just the US. And I'd give more credit to the leaders of the past for those rights, not the leaders of today.

And you're saying I need to silence what I feel for the national good. Go spend some time reading about history. The US is not immune from the damage that nationalism plays on any civilization. We can just as easily end up in the pitfalls of history. We have to remember what's happened in the past, and what goes arwy when a leader is not questioned. This country was built by those who were not happy with their government, who wanted new freedoms, and who were willing to stand up and say their mind. What's happened? Obviously, you've become a mindless drone. And mindless drone=/=American.

And the liberal press idea? Give me a break. Travel somewhere else in the country, and the "liberal press" sounds more moderate than you'd like to believe. I think the troops should know the truth, even if it is negative. Why should they be prevented from knowing? Don't you think they have a strong enough conviction to handle the truth? You think they might flee if they do?

And as for voting, I hope Democrats win the majority. I don't like either party really, but I certainly don't like what's been going on in there lately. So I think the Democrats deserve a shot. But I think the reason the Republicans hold such a strong voter turn out: religion. I don't even want to talk about that though, because I have a feeling some people here wouldn't understand the anthropological underpinnings of why it exists, and how it influences the control of a leader over a complex society. Why do you think all political parties try to so hard to win over the religious vote?

But should you support the military? Absolutely! These are guys that are actually standing up, and fighting for something. I think some of them are happy to fight for the current CIC. Others are probably not. But I think they believe that they are protecting "their" America, meaning what they value about home, their views. And I think that makes them more American than most "Americans" here at home.

But you have some dangerous ideals that would silence dissenters and keep the military cut off from the truth of real events. You think those are good ideas???

Last edited by BlueHUMMERH2 : 11-01-2006 at 03:39 PM.
Old 11-01-2006, 03:49 PM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

Coming from anyone those comments are treasonous and wrong in so many ways, let alone a man that could've been the leader and representive of our country.

You know he is wiping the sweat from his neanderthal like brow. He canceled all of his campaigning schedule for the next couple days.

Hey- it promoted more votes for my side.
Old 11-01-2006, 03:52 PM
Hummer Deity

Quote:
But should you support the military? Absolutely! These are guys that are actually standing up, and fighting for something.

Yeah- You and everyone else, including John Fairy.
Old 11-01-2006, 04:12 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARAGON
Marines are uber ghey

That is all

Yes, as you well know, we all wore pink undies under our camies.
Old 11-01-2006, 04:12 PM
Hummer Expert

Vettster is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenzy1

X2

They ought to round up Kerry, Jane Fonda and the Dixie Chicks and ship them to Iraq.
Who did I leave out?
Old 11-01-2006, 04:20 PM
Hummer Messiah

CO Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
...some people here wouldn't understand the anthropological underpinnings of why it exists, and how it influences the control of a leader over a complex society....

Haha. That would definitely include YOU.
Old 11-01-2006, 04:21 PM
Hummer Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettster
X2

They ought to round up Kerry, Jane Fonda and the Dixie Chicks and ship them to Iraq.
Who did I leave out?

Sarandon, Garafolo, Robbins, Stewart, Celine Dion () and Aubs n' Dennis.