Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > ETC. Forums > General Off Topic

Old 12-23-2007, 12:53 AM
Hummer Expert

Karsun is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hate Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badace

The fact is The Lie Detector and Truth Serum is as good a way to prove innocence as it is guilt. The guilty don't trust it. I disagree with this part because I believe the innocent don't trust it and the guilty can find ways of passing it.

The more avenues you take to prove something the less chance you have at being wrong. This part I do agree with. The more evidence, the better. I just don't consider those avenues reliable and solid evidence.

I'm a criminal justice major and I have one degree already. That doesn't make me an authority of any kind. It does make me have the tendacy to debate it more. Debate is a good thing though. Sometimes I can change my mind and see it from someone elses viewpoint. Crime fascinates me (I don't mean that in a weird way). Mostly the part about why people do what they do and what we all have in us to be able to do the same given the right situation. Anyway, I'm rambling. I appreciate everyone's opposing views and have enjoyed this conversation sans the remarks I thought were prejudicial at the beginning. You all have a wonderful weekend.
Yellow2003 Luxury, 2 inch lift with Helo Maxx8 20X10 Rims, Toyo AT Open Country LT325//60//R20 tires,black tublar steps,taillight and brush guards,8500k Bi Xenon Bulbs, KC Lights, Recon Smoked roof lights
Karsun Designs
Karsun's World
Old 12-23-2007, 02:25 AM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow! This thread is buggin!
Old 12-23-2007, 03:31 AM
Hummer Guru

Big Dad is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karsun
I'm a criminal justice major and I have one degree already. That doesn't make me an authority of any kind. It does make me have the tendacy to debate it more. Debate is a good thing though. Sometimes I can change my mind and see it from someone elses viewpoint. Crime fascinates me (I don't mean that in a weird way). Mostly the part about why people do what they do and what we all have in us to be able to do the same given the right situation. Anyway, I'm rambling. I appreciate everyone's opposing views and have enjoyed this conversation sans the remarks I thought were prejudicial at the beginning. You all have a wonderful weekend.

What school? What's your other degree/major? I'm curious have you ever heard of Kirk Bloodsworth? The first deathrow inmate to be exonerated by DNA evidence? After meeting this guy I changed my view on the death penalty...I was hardcore pro-death for most of my life. Until the system gets overhauled I won't even consider the other side. I'll listen to it but nothing could sway me at this point.

It probably doesn't mean much coming from me, but I'm glad you have the stance that you do...you know, from what I've read in this thread.

Last edited by Big Dad : 12-23-2007 at 05:41 AM.
Old 12-23-2007, 04:00 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2co-pilot
Wow! This thread is buggin!
Attached Images

Old 12-23-2007, 04:43 AM
Hummer Authority

ssgharkness020147 is an unknown quantity at this point

I hope a person of color made that picture. After all, uncle al sharpton said we cant use the word negro anymore. I wonder if the said picture were to pre-date his announcement would it be grandfathered in somehow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRTYFN

-007=
Old 12-23-2007, 04:54 AM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

HAHAHAHA!!!!

Americans and their problems.

My Video Collectionez

Old 12-23-2007, 06:09 AM
Hummer Expert

Badace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisAJC
HAHAHAHA!!!!

Americans and their problems.

You said it sister.
Old 12-23-2007, 06:17 AM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dad
What school? What's your other degree/major? I'm curious have you ever heard of Kirk Bloodsworth? The first deathrow inmate to be exonerated by DNA evidence? After meeting this guy I changed my view on the death penalty...I was hardcore pro-death for most of my life. Until the system gets overhauled I won't even consider the other side. I'll listen to it but nothing could sway me at this point.

It probably doesn't mean much coming from me, but I'm glad you have the stance that you do...you know, from what I've read in this thread.

It actually means a lot having someone on the same side I am. I only have my AS right now but it's in Criminology and I go to Florida State, which has the best Criminology program in the country and the only underwater crime lab. (here in the Panama City Branch Campus) I'm a die hard anti-death penalty person and have been all my life, that's never changed. Anyway, I want to be a criminal intelligence analyst. I already do some things on the side towards that goal.
PS How'd you get to meet Kirk Bloodworth? You can PM me if you don't want to discuss it here.
Yellow2003 Luxury, 2 inch lift with Helo Maxx8 20X10 Rims, Toyo AT Open Country LT325//60//R20 tires,black tublar steps,taillight and brush guards,8500k Bi Xenon Bulbs, KC Lights, Recon Smoked roof lights
Karsun Designs
Karsun's World
Old 12-23-2007, 09:02 AM
Hummer Guru

Big Dad is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
It actually means a lot having someone on the same side I am. I only have my AS right now but it's in Criminology and I go to Florida State, which has the best Criminology program in the country and the only underwater crime lab. (here in the Panama City Branch Campus) I'm a die hard anti-death penalty person and have been all my life, that's never changed. Anyway, I want to be a criminal intelligence analyst. I already do some things on the side towards that goal.
PS How'd you get to meet Kirk Bloodworth? You can PM me if you don't want to discuss it here.

I don't mind, I was taught humility a long time ago....

On the same side may be stretching it though....

I think and feel that the guilty on death row deserve to die for committing heinous crimes. I just don't feel as if they deserve my pity. I don't like the way I feel after seeing/hearing someone die. I've seen my share of death -- 20 years in the military. Hope that makes sense. We all know that the government makes mistakes. When it comes to capital punishment, it should never make a mistake. It's a mistake that could happen to any of us or our kids. I believe the system needs an entity to watch it or police it rather than police itself. Again, I hope this makes sense.

Kirk Bloodsworth. I was taking a biology class and we were studying the structure of DNA. In one of the labs we were required to extract DNA samples and analyze them. I'm no science geek, but once we got down to it I found it really interesting. KB was in town for a lecture at Seattle U Law that same night. I saw the advertisement on a sandwich board outside the law building and decided to go. The dude told the story of how everything went down "cradle to grave." In his story he mentioned that he was a marine. As always the book sale and signing followed so I bought a copy and shot the breeze with him for quite a long while. That dude went through hell in prison -- for 10 years.

Long story short, I realized what happened to him could happen to anyone. In the wrong place at the right time...the same way people earn medals in the military. Till they can get it right 100% of the time -- we need to think about the error of putting innocent people to death.

Now if anything ever happened to my wife or any of my kids, that'd probably be a different story -- I might find myself face to face with the death penalty for vigilante justice. Like I said before, I’m glad you and many others take the stance you do.

Oh and Florida state is a great school! Good luck with your degree -- nothing worth having ever comes easy!

I did write a reflection paper for a professor about the lecture, if you want to read it pm me.

Last edited by Big Dad : 12-23-2007 at 08:36 PM.
Old 12-23-2007, 09:04 AM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dad

I think and feel that the guilty on death row deserve to die for committing heinous crimes. I just don't feel as if they deserve my pity. I don't like the way I feel after seeing/hearing someone die. I've seen my share of death -- 20 years in the military. Hope that makes sense. We all know that the government makes mistakes. When it comes to capital punishment, it should never make a mistake. It's a mistake that could happen to any of us or our kids. I believe the system needs an entity to watch it or police it rather than police itself. Again, I hope this makes sense.

It makes perfect sense. I might not believe in the death penalty but yes, if it were my family perhaps I might change my mind. It's easy for me to take that stance when I'm not a victim, of course. Thank you for responding, whether you're on the same "side" or not. Your story was very interesting.
Karsun Designs
Karsun's World
Old 12-23-2007, 08:54 PM
Hummer Expert

Badace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I'm a die hard anti-death penalty person and have been all my life, that's never changed. that goal.

Wait til a violent crime hits your family. You Libs like to fight the fight for the people who do or don't do. You don't throw the baby out with the bath water just because the baby peed in it once. All those victims out there and your fight is for the person who caused the victim to be a victim. You sir sicken me.

Let's release the Jena 6 because they may have had some racial tension in their case. Nevermind if they did it or not. Oh that man killed your daughter. Oh he raped her and beat her with a bat. Let's care about the Killer not the victim. He should not have a needle in his arm. It's inhumane.

Disgusting.
Old 12-23-2007, 09:11 PM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Wait til a violent crime hits your family. You Libs like to fight the fight for the people who do or don't do. You don't throw the baby out with the bath water just because the baby peed in it once. All those victims out there and your fight is for the person who caused the victim to be a victim. You sir sicken me.

Let's release the Jena 6 because they may have had some racial tension in their case. Nevermind if they did it or not. Oh that man killed your daughter. Oh he raped her and beat her with a bat. Let's care about the Killer not the victim. He should not have a needle in his arm. It's inhumane.

Disgusting.

First of all, you know nothing about me whatsoever. You don't know how many victims I've dealt with on a personal level or who I've helped. So don't be so quick to f*cking judge someone. I was polite before but now you're just pissing me off.
Karsun Designs
Karsun's World
Old 12-23-2007, 09:48 PM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
You sir sicken me.

Disgusting.

Just for the record I'm not a SIR! I'm a girl.
Karsun Designs
Karsun's World
Old 12-23-2007, 09:54 PM
Hummer Guru

bparker is an unknown quantity at this point

(*chough*) A femenist liberal

Quote:
Just for the record I'm not a SIR! I'm a girl.
Old 12-23-2007, 09:57 PM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by bparker
(*chough*) A femenist liberal

I'm not a feminist. You can hold the door for me anytime. Just because I'm liberal doesn't mean I'm a feminazi. Far from it.
Karsun Designs
Karsun's World
Old 12-23-2007, 10:01 PM
Hummer Guru

bparker is an unknown quantity at this point

I am just joking with ya, please dont beat me up.

Quote:
I'm not a feminist. You can hold the door for me anytime. Just because I'm liberal doesn't mean I'm a feminazi. Far from it.
Old 12-23-2007, 10:03 PM
Hummer Expert

Marcmedic is an unknown quantity at this point

Why would anyone hold the door for a die hard liberal who thinks criminals should be kept in prison for their entire lives instead of getting the punishment they deserve. Maybe once you get out of college, start paying taxes and realize how much it costs to house an inmate per year you'd change your tune. I for one don't like paying for someone to sit in prison and rot from 18-60+ when they die...especially if they've been sentenced to death.
Old 12-23-2007, 10:04 PM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by bparker
I am just joking with ya, please dont beat me up.

Careful, or she'll put you in a headlock and smother you with her armpit hair!
Old 12-23-2007, 10:05 PM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcmedic
Why would anyone hold the door for a die hard liberal who thinks criminals should be kept in prison for their entire lives instead of getting the punishment they deserve. Maybe once you get out of college, start paying taxes and realize how much it costs to house an inmate per year you'd change your tune. I for one don't like paying for someone to sit in prison and rot from 18-60+ when they die...especially if they've been sentenced to death.

Good lord, how young do you think I am? Get out of college? I pay taxes dearly since I run my own business. I'm 40 for Chris'sake. Besides, do your research. It costs more to put someone to death than it does to house them. I'm tired of defending my viewpoints. I'm not going to change my mind just because someone tries to intimidate me. I can hold my own anytime.
Karsun Designs
Karsun's World
Old 12-23-2007, 10:08 PM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Good lord, how young do you think I am? Get out of college? I pay taxes dearly since I run my own business. I'm 40 for Chris'sake. Besides, do your research. It costs more to put someone to death than it does to house them. I'm tired of defending my viewpoints. I'm not going to change my mind just because someone tries to intimidate me. I can hold my own anytime.

You've got to be kidding me. Keep reading your liberal rags.