Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > ETC. Forums > General Off Topic

Old 04-28-2006, 04:43 PM
Hummer Authority

ShaggyX is an unknown quantity at this point

I am really not sure why I am posting this on here, but what the hell.

So I got an email a couple of days ago in response to a profile that I have online. Started out pretty standard (traded pics...etc)...nothing out of the ordinary. We start chatting on IM and "she" starts falling in love with me (BS meter starts going off...but I decide to play it out). Then after a little bit more talking "she" admits to being in Nigeria (BS meter off the charts...but curiousity wins out and I continue). So today "she" proceeds to tell me that it will cost "her" $800 to get to the US. I tell "her" "she" is on "her" own for the money but "she" is still IM'ing me about how she will ask her Dad for the money, and she is in love with me, etc, etc.

So I know this is a scam...but I have heard of people actually falling for it and getting screwed out of upto like $10k. I am trying to figure out how that is possible. How gullible and lonely do you have to be to not see through the holes? I am mean...I am pretty gullible...and I am damn sure lonely, but even I am not buying it.

I think the worst part about the whole thing is that I am playing along just to see what "she" says next even though there is about a 99% chance that it is a dude pretending to be a chick. So I suppose my question is...who is more messed up? The dude that is pretending to be a chick so he can e-flirt with some unsuspecting sap and get them to send money. Or the guy that knows it is a scam, but e-flirts back (knowing it is a dude) to kill time, and see how far the scammer will go.
Old 04-28-2006, 04:50 PM
Hummer Guru

DDWH is an unknown quantity at this point

I think it's good that your aware of the complete BS that is occuring! I have seen a few people get burned in this way in the past. I say go with it and have fun, turn the table and manipulate.....as long as ya don't cyber the dood, your just fine!

"OBAMA......Making Jimmy Carter LOOK GOOD!"
Old 04-28-2006, 04:52 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Oh Shaggy! You're sooooo hot!. I hope you like my picture. Seriously I'm a girl! A very naughty girl. My titties are rock hard right now........

My Video Collectionez

Old 04-28-2006, 04:57 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by DennisAJC:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Oh Shaggy! You're sooooo hot!. I hope you like my picture. Seriously I'm a girl! A very naughty girl. My titties are rock hard right now........

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LMFAO!

Old 04-28-2006, 04:59 PM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally posted by DennisAJC:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Oh Shaggy! You're sooooo hot!. I hope you like my picture. Seriously I'm a girl! A very naughty girl. My titties are rock hard right now........
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>Dennis...I am going to kick your ass the next time I see you.

BTW...I bet the guy I am talking to is even uglier.
Old 04-28-2006, 05:06 PM
Hummer Guru

Shaggy just tell her as a dowery you will need a 10 million dollar deposit into your bank account in the caymen islands. Once you recieve the deposit you will purchase a mansion for her and send a charterd jet to pick her up and whisk her off to your hideaway love nest!

Old 04-28-2006, 05:08 PM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally posted by DDWH:
Shaggy just tell her as a dowery you will need a 10 million dollar deposit into your bank account in the caymen islands. Once you recieve the deposit you will purchase a mansion for her and send a charterd jet to pick her up and whisk her off to your hideaway love nest!
Assuming it is a she, she looks anything like her picture, and she pays her own way to get out here I will have no problem making her a citizen if you know what i mean. too bad i am 100% sure it is not a she, and they will never spend a dime to fly to the us. At least they have provided me with 3+ days of entertainment.
Old 04-28-2006, 05:34 PM
Steve - SanJose

It's all about using DELETE...
Old 04-28-2006, 05:36 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad you saw through the BS and are getting some entertainment out of it. I think I would continue going along with it as long as I could for a couple of reasons. First, this guy is trying to scam you and the payback is how pissed he is going to be the longer you string him along before he realizes they is no payday and you know it is a scam. The second is the fact that the more time you spend screwing with him, the less time he has to scam someone else. Keep up posted

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 04-28-2006, 05:46 PM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally posted by HummerNewbie:
Glad you saw through the BS and are getting some entertainment out of it. I think I would continue going along with it as long as I could for a couple of reasons. First, this guy is trying to scam you and the payback is how pissed he is going to be the longer you string him along before he realizes they is no payday and you know it is a scam. The second is the fact that the more time you spend screwing with him, the less time he has to scam someone else. Keep up posted
I already mentioned the scam thing to them once. Said that my friends said it sounded like a scam. (S)he said how they just don't want us to be happy...and this is true love and junk like that. They are really dedicated to this payday...but it is not going to happen

I did think about the fact that the more time they spend talking to me the less time they have to scam other people. That is a 1/2 the reason I am still talking to them. The other 1/2 is the entertainment value. Never heard "i love you" so many times in my life. I think they love me more than my own parents.
Old 04-28-2006, 05:56 PM
Hummer Professional

deicustoms1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Perhaps your loneliness has made you wonder why anyone would love you, therefore you automatically put up the shields and your BS meter is way too sensitive. It could be real, don't pass this up!

In any case, get a phone number and address and give it to us, don't worry, we won't steal your woman. If there is cooperation, offer to buy the airplane ticket, so "he/she" just needs to goto the counter at the airport, and no one but you can get money for the ticket.

If "he/she" doesn't go for it, we will all goto Nigeria with you and beat the scammer up and find you a wife.
Old 04-28-2006, 06:06 PM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally posted by dei???????:
Perhaps your loneliness has made you wonder why anyone would love you, therefore you automatically put up the shields and your BS meter is way too sensitive. It could be real, don't pass this up!
WTF? Are you serious? I hope you are joking dude.
Old 04-28-2006, 06:13 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
x2
Old 04-28-2006, 06:14 PM
Hummer Professional

Don't run away from love! So what if "she" is a man and a gold digger.

Anyhow, on a less serious note. There are some good stories online about scammers being scammed. You should get some tips from those. I read a really good one where the law ended up getting a scammer, twas funny.
Old 04-28-2006, 06:22 PM
Hummer Professional

BTW - pics...do now!

edit: of "her", not you.
Old 04-28-2006, 06:31 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by ShaggyX:
Never heard "i love you" so many times in my life.

Not sure that is true. I was told that when you were in your room by yourself in Moab at night you would say it a lot

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 04-28-2006, 06:37 PM
Hummer Guru

bparker is an unknown quantity at this point

You wouldnt believe how many fat ugly RICH lonely white men are out there that cant get a woman. Hence look at Asian and Rissian marriage agencies; they are raking in TONS of cash off of lonely gents hoping to buy someones heart.

I know a small group that started in the russian (and all former FSU countries) dating sites and they are averaging about 1.3 mill a year (collectivley).

Sadly, there are more gulliable men out there than you think and all of them want to be the knight in shining armor that saves said beautiful poor girl from her homeland only to leave him and take all she can with him after she gets her green card in 3 yrs. Just like an american woman LOL

/salute
Old 04-28-2006, 06:44 PM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
BTW - pics...do now!

edit: of "her", not you.
Will have to wait until I get home and can upload the pic to Photobucket and link it from there.

Newbie...dont make me have to kill you.
Old 04-28-2006, 06:50 PM
Hummer Professional

As long as you prevent theft, which shouldn't be too hard... A new wife every 3 years could be sweet.
Old 04-28-2006, 06:52 PM
Hummer Professional

ratesguy is off the scale

Tell "her" you want to fly to Nigeria to meet her but dont have the money and can she loan you 800$ so the two of you can be together. Tell "her" you will repay her plus an extra amount once you get there because your dad will wire you the money but cant until you are there(for some reason). Reverse the whip!