H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 10-19-2008, 06:42 PM
Hummer Professional

wingn69 is on a distinguished road
Default Water leak driver side carpet wet

This has happened a couple time now after leaving My H2 standing and its rained. The carpet drive side only is wet too the point I have to pull the drain plug and use the shop vac to get all the water out. Checked the seals around door and since I have not driven it for week and no river crossing lately. Can anyone give some wisdom.
2006 H2 Slate Blue LUX with more chorme, K&N 77 Series Intake, Pirelli Scorpion ATR LT325/55R22, 22in polished chrome rims, Kenwood DNX-7200 w/ Garmin Navi, DVD, Bluetooth, IPOD,Rockford Fosegate Punch 10in P-1 Subs, Rockford Fosegate Punch P-300 amp,7" headrest monitors, Carbon Fiber Dash kit, 17 Flip down Monitor, Borla exhaust.
Old 10-19-2008, 07:06 PM
Hummer Authority

Easy Ed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Water leak driver side carpet wet

A lot came up doing a search for water leak.

http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...earchid=193808
Old 10-19-2008, 10:07 PM
Hummer Professional

porschett is on a distinguished road

Water leaks are sometimes a real bich to find. I used to work in an autobody shop repairing these. I know it may sound strange, but are you parking it in a different position? Sometimes it's a twist in the body. The easiest way to find it is to have someone use a spray hose while you're on the inside locating the leak. You can make any vehicle leak, so spray it like it's raining!

2006 H2 Hummer Gone and missed

1998 993 Porsche Twin Turbo (Last one made)

2006 Baja Performance 88 MPH

2008 GT2 Porsche

2009 DBS

"I object and take exception to everyone saying Obama and Congress are spending money like a drunken sailor. As a former drunken sailor, I quit when I ran out of money"
Old 10-20-2008, 05:40 AM
Hummer Expert

Rico001 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingn69
This has happened a couple time now after leaving My H2 standing and its rained. The carpet drive side only is wet too the point I have to pull the drain plug and use the shop vac to get all the water out. Checked the seals around door and since I have not driven it for week and no river crossing lately. Can anyone give some wisdom.

Our's did the same thing after a hard rain.
And since I was in it at the time I saw it
leaking around the grab handle on the driver's
side windshield A pillar.

I guess I need to seal up the roof lights first
and then check the check the sunroof drains.

Good luck to you and let us know what you do
to fix the problem.
~Richard
Yellow 2003 H2 Luxury ALPHA , 2" lift, Black Helo Maxx8 20 X 10 Rims, Toyo AT Open Country II LT35/12.50/R20 tires, taillight guards and black LE brush guard, KC light bar w/4 Daylights, Recon Smoked roof lights, Sirius/XM Satellite Radio, Kenwood Head Unit , 4 - 6-1/2 inch Polk Audio Speakers, solid billet tailgate handle,HUMMER H2 Ghost lights ib front doors
Old 10-22-2008, 09:54 AM
Hummer Professional

Hey thanks for the tips. Its like trying to find a needle in a hay stack and with winter coming on its going to wet until May/June now great time for this to start happening.
2006 H2 Slate Blue LUX with more chorme, K&N 77 Series Intake, Pirelli Scorpion ATR LT325/55R22, 22in polished chrome rims, Kenwood DNX-7200 w/ Garmin Navi, DVD, Bluetooth, IPOD,Rockford Fosegate Punch 10in P-1 Subs, Rockford Fosegate Punch P-300 amp,7" headrest monitors, Carbon Fiber Dash kit, 17 Flip down Monitor, Borla exhaust.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:23 PM
Hummer Veteran

Knass34 is on a distinguished road

This happened to me as well. The answer... The fire-wall between the cabin and the engine bay may be open. In my case, my dumb ass installers ran the wires for my remote car starter through this area. This area was not fully closed from the outside enviroment. So when it had rained, water came down through the crease between the hood and the windshield and started to create a puddle behind the brake peddle. Instead of the water dripping down the correct path to the ground outside, it was being channeled in to the cabin through the fire-wall.

Helps to check out everything in the area of damage!

Good luck.
Old 10-26-2008, 06:07 PM
Hummer Guru

jmsspratlin is on a distinguished road

Mine was the result of the seals around the roof marker lights. Due to being under warranty, the dealer fixed it. Since then no leaks.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:23 PM
Hummer Veteran

Devis1957 is on a distinguished road

Mine was the passenger side roof seam seal, from the appearance of the driver's side seal, looks like it will not be too long. Fixed under warranty, but took 18 months.
Old 10-29-2008, 04:03 AM
Hummer Guru

OrangeCrush is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by porschett
Water leaks are sometimes a real bich to find. I used to work in an autobody shop repairing these. I know it may sound strange, but are you parking it in a different position? Sometimes it's a twist in the body. The easiest way to find it is to have someone use a spray hose while you're on the inside locating the leak. You can make any vehicle leak, so spray it like it's raining!

We do the exact same thing at both my bodyshops. Porschett told you EXACTLY what I tell customers. I had a customer with a new Mercedes that had a leak in the trunk.

He brought the car in like 4 times for us to find the leak. Each time, I would lay in the trunk with a flashlight and have someone spray a hose and/or pressure washer and look for the leak.

Each time, we couldn't find a leak.

Each time, the customer would return and tell us about his leak. After quizzing the customer, I learned that he parked in a downwards slope in his driveway.

When I jacked the car up and tried to duplicate the angle the car sat while in his driveway, guess what, the inside of the trunk got wet.

Anyway, take Porschett's advice and try the same thing. Try hard enough and you'll find it.

Mark

PS. One more trick to make sure the windshield isn't leaking....

Spray foam glass cleaner on the outside of the windshield. Take a air hose with an air nozzle and spray air on the inside of the windshield. If the windshield isn't sealed correctly, you'll blow the foam all over the place.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:39 AM
Hummer Veteran

Devis1957 is on a distinguished road

What OrangeCrush describes is almost the same way they found the leak in the roof of my Hummer. After changing the windshield twice with no luck, they pulled down the headliner, soaped up the roof and blew air from the inside until they located the leak along the passenger side roof seam seal.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:09 AM
Hummer Professional

Thanks for all the tips.
I have not found anything yet I just keep sucking out the water and I mean suck out the water at least an inch of water in the bottom of shop Vac.

I have checked the upper marker lights seals and checked the sun roof they all look fine. The wire for my amp was ran threw the rubber plug in the fire wall with the main wire harness and i see no leaks around that seal.

Im a hobby wrench turner at best guys so I am getting out of my lane here, next stop will be back to dealer. I just dont have the tools or wrench knowledge
Old 10-30-2008, 03:07 PM
Hummer Professional

porschett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush
We do the exact same thing at both my bodyshops. Porschett told you EXACTLY what I tell customers. I had a customer with a new Mercedes that had a leak in the trunk.

He brought the car in like 4 times for us to find the leak. Each time, I would lay in the trunk with a flashlight and have someone spray a hose and/or pressure washer and look for the leak.

Each time, we couldn't find a leak.

Each time, the customer would return and tell us about his leak. After quizzing the customer, I learned that he parked in a downwards slope in his driveway.

When I jacked the car up and tried to duplicate the angle the car sat while in his driveway, guess what, the inside of the trunk got wet.

Anyway, take Porschett's advice and try the same thing. Try hard enough and you'll find it.

Mark

PS. One more trick to make sure the windshield isn't leaking....

Spray foam glass cleaner on the outside of the windshield. Take a air hose with an air nozzle and spray air on the inside of the windshield. If the windshield isn't sealed correctly, you'll blow the foam all over the place.

I had to tell this one. A woman came in complaining she had water all over the floor of her new car. We tried and tried to make it leak, but no luck. On her fourth visit about the same problem, I decided to ask her some questions about when and where it was parked when she noticed the water leak. After 15 minutes, she looked at me and said, "Would leaving the driver's window down at night possibly be ausing the leak?"

2006 H2 Hummer Gone and missed

1998 993 Porsche Twin Turbo (Last one made)

2006 Baja Performance 88 MPH

2008 GT2 Porsche

2009 DBS

"I object and take exception to everyone saying Obama and Congress are spending money like a drunken sailor. As a former drunken sailor, I quit when I ran out of money"
Old 10-31-2008, 08:20 AM
Hummer Professional

H2Much is on a distinguished road

Wingn69, sounds to me like the seal opened or wore off on the bottom of your windshield. I have had the pillar leak too, and that is annoying as all hell, but it never ran to the floor part, only down along the door, to the bottom of the door jamb where it ran out, or into the headliner. I think you would know if it was leaking from there. If you take your dash piece off, and check the seal along the bottom of the windshield, I think you might find your problem. The only other issue it could be is your AC condensation leaking in there, but that would be on the passenger side of the car...

If you find your problem on the windshield, just silicone it until you can get someone to fix it with their sealer stuff.
Sweet looking H2 with not enough mods (2003 Pewter H2, 20" Rockstars, 40"x15.5" Toyo MT's, E&G Extended Flares, Full body tube steel exoskeleton, 5" Skyjacker lift, Amp Research steps, Gobi Roofrack and ladders, Smoked LED's, AFe CAI, Dynatech long tubes and cats, Magnaflow exhaust, Stock tune, 4.88 gears, Chrome Grenade Shifter, interior blacked out, rear captains chairs, Solar Power!!)
Old 11-02-2008, 12:15 PM
Hummer Professional

porschett thats a funny one wish mine was that simple. That has only happend to me in the summer time I forgot to close the sun roof.

Well I have a appointment next week at the Hummer dealer. I'm going to let the guys in shop do there stuff. If its any of the things you guys have pointed out it should be covered under warranty work. Geiger has some good guys in the work shop they will find the problem and get it fixed.

I will post what the out come is next week.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:27 PM
Hummer Expert

IRA51 is on a distinguished road

those damn marker lights on the roof are some times the problem ,check them out also .
you have.
-- Thomas Jefferson
Old 11-04-2008, 07:33 PM
Hummer Professional

Ok I'm water tight again after the boys in the shop took most of the driver side piller, dash, removed parking brake and all that fun stuff in that area by your left foot. They made it rain and after about five minutes or so the water was coming in. The door seal was not sealing right and there was enought space between the metal rail the door seal crimps too that is was draining into the truck. fix was put more glue on seals to fill the gaps let dry add water no more leaks for now.

The Dealer picked up the tab for the whole thing. I still have to get the carpet dryed out wifes hair dryer and running heater will fix that problem.

Thanks for all the tips now I know where to check next time it happens.
Old 08-18-2012, 09:08 PM
Hummer Veteran

The_Yeti is on a distinguished road

I'm currently having this issue. Hasn't rained in a while, lot's of hot weather. So I believe it's the AC. Anyone have this issue and a fix?

EDIT: Found A/C drain tube and unclogged.

Last edited by The_Yeti : 08-19-2012 at 06:40 PM.