Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > ETC. Forums > General Off Topic

Old 05-02-2006, 11:09 AM
Hummer Authority

ree is an unknown quantity at this point

f5, spot on...except for the bullet part Mrs's net idea is right. We [supposedly] had all the illegals gathered up yesterday if you believe what the media told us.

Illegal immgrancy aside, the language thing really pisses me off. Why do we need voting ballots in anything other than English. English is not our official language, but if you look at naturalization requirements, it's implied that you should know enough English to pass the rest of the test in order be a citizen. Now we have municipalities getting all sorts of signs and forms made up in a multitude of languages further legitimizing the perspective that English isn't required.

Not that knowing other people's languages is bad, but you shouldn't have to learn someone else's just to stay here. If I were going to live in some other country for a while, I'm pretty damn sure I'd put in an effort to learn their language. The tax payers shouldn't have to foot the bill to cater the lazy anti-assimilators especially the ones here illegally.

This is a big issue of mine with any guest worker program. If we can't even get our citizens to speak English, how are we going to expect the same of people here on guest worker visas.

Melting Pot = Try to Assimilate, Do Now! ... which of course means that if(when) English speakers become a minority we're screwed.
Old 05-02-2006, 07:29 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by ree:
f5, spot on...except for the bullet part Mrs's net idea is right. We [supposedly] had all the illegals gathered up yesterday if you believe what the media told us.

Illegal immgrancy aside, the language thing really pisses me off. Why do we need voting ballots in anything other than English. English is not our official language, but if you look at naturalization requirements, it's implied that you should know enough English to pass the rest of the test in order be a citizen. Now we have municipalities getting all sorts of signs and forms made up in a multitude of languages further legitimizing the perspective that English isn't required.

Not that knowing other people's languages is bad, but you shouldn't have to learn someone else's just to stay here. If I were going to live in some other country for a while, I'm pretty damn sure I'd put in an effort to learn their language. The tax payers shouldn't have to foot the bill to cater the lazy anti-assimilators especially the ones here illegally.

This is a big issue of mine with any guest worker program. If we can't even get our citizens to speak English, how are we going to expect the same of people here on guest worker visas.

Melting Pot = Try to Assimilate, Do Now! ... which of course means that if(when) English speakers become a minority we're screwed.

Totally agree. I grew up in a mixed neighborhood with Italians, Greeks, etc., and I can remember as a kid, the parents always telling the kids to speak English, and they wanted all the English speaking kids to speak nothing but English to the kids and the parents.
They knew, and wanted to, learn English as fast as possible. The schools didn't have courses such as English for a second language, the parents paid for, and went to night school.
They become citizens as soon as possible, and never asked for anything other than a fair chance.
They came over here via legal channels, and everyone accepted them, as they accepted the American values. They became great assets to this country.
My own Mother immigrated here from Scotland, via Canada. She did have the advantage of already speaking English (Queen's English, but it was English), and she became a citizen as soon as possible.
Why don't people understand, the illegals have already violated our laws, that is why intelligent people call them illegals.
I can't say I have the answer, I don't. But I do know that giving them amnesty is not the correct thing to do. If our politicians cannot understand the word Illegal, and what it stands for, then what's stopping others from doing illegal acts.

We as Americans, who are fed up with this ****, have to blast our Senators/Congressman, and duffus GW with emails, letters, phone calls, etc., and let them know that one million illegals marching is nothing compared to 200+ million Americans, pulling the levers at the voting booth.

(Might as well forget about writing duffus, him and Fuentes are in bed together.)
Old 05-02-2006, 08:02 PM
Hummer Guru

DDWH is an unknown quantity at this point

OHNO!

"OBAMA......Making Jimmy Carter LOOK GOOD!"
Old 05-03-2006, 01:28 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

It is pathetic that they are thinking of giving the illegals amnesty yet those trying to legally become citizens get screwed around. A friend of mine came here a little over a year and a half ago. He has been jumping through hoops to become a citizen including paying extension fees since they are so back logged. Even though he lives in Orlando they scheduled his final interview for Miami a couple of weeks ago. He sent several letters stating that he lives in Orlando and the appointment should be transferred to the local office here. Their response was basically too bad. As he was loading the car to drive down for the interview he saw the mail man down the street and decided to wait for him so he could check the mail before hitting the road. In the mail there was a letter stating that the interview had been moved to June at the Orlando office. Lucky for him he checked the mail before driving down to Miami for an 8:00 AM appointment the next morning. Everything was good, or so he thought. Yesterday he got a letter from INS stating that since he did not show up for the appointment in Miami his application was denied and his work visa has been revoked. WTF!!! Luckily he has kept every letter they have sent him and is now getting an attorney involve.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 05-04-2006, 12:17 AM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

1. 40% of all workers in L.A. County (L.A. County has 10
million people) are working for cash and not paying taxes. This was
because they are predominantly illegal immigrants, working without a
green card.

2. 95% of warrants for murder in Los Angeles are for
illegal aliens.

3. 75% of people on the most wanted list in Los Angeles
are illegal aliens.
4. Over 2/3's of all births in Los Angeles County are to
illegal alien Mexicans on Medi-Cal whose births were paid for by
taxpayers.

5. Nearly 25% of all inmates in California detention
centers are Mexican nationals here illegally.
6. Over 300,000 illegal aliens in Los Angeles County are
living in garages.

7. The FBI reports half of all gang members in Los
Angeles are most likely illegal aliens from south of the border.

8. Nearly 60% of all occupants of HUD properties are
illegal.

9. 21 radio stations in L.A. are Spanish speaking.

10. In L.A.County 5.1 million people speak English. 3.9
million speak Spanish (10.2 million people in L.A.County).

(All 10 from the Los Angeles Times)

Less than 2% of illegal aliens are picking our crops but
29% are on welfare. http://www.cis.org/ <http://www.cis.org/>

Over 70% of the United States annual population growth
and over 90% of California, Florida, and New York) results from
immigration.

The cost of illegal immigration to the American taxpayer
in 1997 was a NET (after subtracting taxes immigrants pay) $70 BILLION
a year, [Professor Donald Huddle, Rice University].

29% of inmates in federal prisons are illegal aliens.

YOU LIKE THE WAY YOUR TAXES ARE BEING SPENT????