H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H1 Discussion Forums > General H1 Discussion

Old 09-25-2004, 05:55 PM

bigtim is off the scale

I just bought a 2000 open top and am having an issue that is taking some of my fun away. I was wondering if one of you could help.

The passenger window is stuck about halfway open. I think the motor to the window is shot. I took off the door panel and tried to force the window up, but, it won't budge. When you press the window up button, all you hear is a click (kind of like the same click when the starter solanoid is not engaging).

I will probably need to get a new motor. But, in the meantime, I wanted to be able to get my window up.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks,

Tim

bigtim is off the scale

I just bought a 2000 open top and am having an issue that is taking some of my fun away. I was wondering if one of you could help.

The passenger window is stuck about halfway open. I think the motor to the window is shot. I took off the door panel and tried to force the window up, but, it won't budge. When you press the window up button, all you hear is a click (kind of like the same click when the starter solanoid is not engaging).

I will probably need to get a new motor. But, in the meantime, I wanted to be able to get my window up.

Thanks,

Tim

bigtim is off the scale

Thanks,

Tim
Old 09-25-2004, 09:36 PM
Hummer Expert

Beastmaster is off the scale

Couple of things to look for:

1) Will the window go down, and when it goes up, sticks to that one position?

2) Is the window edge even from left to right?

This is a common issue with H1's until 2001/2002. If you are able to get the window down, take some silicone spray lube and spray the inside of the tracks liberally using the small red tube.

If your window is cockeyed from left to right (one side higher than the other), take the heel of your hand and gently get the higher end even with the lower end. The window will then unbind. Follow the fix for #1.

If the window does not go down at all, your window regulator may have seized.

To replace and look at the power window regulator, take a gander at the AM General Body Service Manual page here:

http://www.azhog.org/amg_manual/amg/...RVICE/8S10.PDF

Go to page 10-39. The manual shown is for the 1998 model year, but there is no difference in parts between 1998 and 2000 in regards to the door components.

Hope this helps,
Steve
Old 09-25-2004, 10:57 PM

bigtim is off the scale

Wow, excellent response. Thanks. The window is not cockeyed. It is perfectly level. And, it will not go up or down by power. It is completely seized. I can pull or push the window up or down about a fourth of an inch by hand, so it doesn't appear to be stuck in a track. Based on the above and your response, I think it is the regulator.

I will read the manual and see about replacing the regulator.

Another question, the plastic/vinyl by the gearshifter has become discolored. I have grey interior and it has a little yellow hazy tint to it. Is this a common problem and is there something to clean it off.

thanks for your help.
Tim
Old 09-26-2004, 01:18 AM
Hummer Expert

Beastmaster is off the scale

You can use a good quality vinyl cleaner to clean the area. The haze (since you live in Houston) can be generated by the outgassing of the chemicals used to treat the vinyl.

I use (ironically) a boating based vinyl cleaner and protectant, since Arizona provides a very harsh climate for the interior.

Hope this helps!
Steve