H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 08-05-2005, 04:08 AM
Hummer Veteran

Christa is off the scale

Quote:
Originally posted by gorton:
And whats even funnier is Christa, acting like a tough guy, and then subsequently flipping off the commado facade switch and becoming friendly.

Was I friendly to you? Hmmm...I don't remember being friendly to you and that certainly wasn't my intention. I apologize if I gave you that impression.

Damn, I lost my "commando facade switch" Shoot..now i'm going to have to be nice
69 Chevelle SS
Old 08-05-2005, 04:13 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by Christa:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gorton:
And whats even funnier is Christa, acting like a tough guy, and then subsequently flipping off the commado facade switch and becoming friendly.

Was I friendly to you? Hmmm...I don't remember being friendly to you and that certainly wasn't my intention. I apologize if I gave you that impression.

Damn, I lost my "commando facade switch" Shoot..now i'm going to have to be nice </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Nope, be a bitch!
Old 08-05-2005, 10:10 AM

gorton is off the scale

Quote:
Originally posted by Christa:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gorton:

Damn, I lost my "commando facade switch" Shoot..now i'm going to have to be nice </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah see you missed that one. right over head. blame it on the self centered mindstate. it was simply an oberservation of your false persona. never mentioned anything about you interacting or directing conversation at me. but again, the world revovles on your axis i guess.
Old 08-05-2005, 10:22 AM
Hummer Expert

W1N is off the scale

Gorton,

Have to agree with you about how monsterous H2 is. H2 is one of the coolest turcks ever made and maybe the best in off road wise, I know you'd like to have one, Me too! I like it black. What's your favourite color?
Old 08-05-2005, 10:55 AM

gorton is off the scale

i have 2003, its a junker. the color is actually irrelevant. praise gm for turning a utility vehicle into a rap video status symbol. and the seats are horrible. gm should include a health plan with these vehicles to cover visits to the chiropractor. not everyone has Mcdonalds stuffed jelly back. I wouldn't discrace Recaro by installing their seats in a squared off Suburban, with rectangular windows.
Old 08-05-2005, 11:03 AM
Hummer Guru

VTSTOMPER is off the scale

Gorton, your going to be late for work man...you might want to get a head start.

Let see a pic of your 03!
Old 08-05-2005, 11:15 AM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by gorton:
but again, the world revovles on your axis i guess.

It is amazing to me that you seem to think Hummer owner feel the world revolves around them. You are the one filled with hate since there are people that do share your opinion and choose to drive something you don't like. No go to work and sniff, oops, wash those jock straps and dirty towels in the locker room.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 08-05-2005, 11:42 AM

Jimages is off the scale

Diana - I hate to get off track here and talk about your original post as it seems others have a different agenda on this forum.

Go buy a Hummer and become part of the famliy! You won't regret it. I had some of the same thoughts as you when I was looking into getting one last October - gas mileage, size, vandalism, handling in snow, as well as finding the FUH2 web site. I had saved for a long time to go buy a vehicle I've always wanted and I have no regrets! It took a couple of days to get used to it's size but it's a pleasure to drive and does extremely well in the snow with it's clearance and traction. I'm getting 12MPG which is better then I expected but I knew about the gas mileage before I bought it. The only downside I've found so far is you have to be able to handle lots of stares and people coming up to you asking questions about the vehicle. There is the occassional flying finger but it's usually by some teenage kid driving an old beatup rusty rice burner.

Put aside any of the fears or concerns you had and go buy one!!!

Jim
Old 08-05-2005, 11:52 AM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by Jimages:
There is the occassional flying finger

Just smile and wave back like they are making you happy with their one finger solute

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 08-05-2005, 12:50 PM

Diana is off the scale

My good friend has a custom Hummer, and I get to ride in it, so I have a pretty good idea of what they are about. Her's does not seem so big anymore. When I test drove one the first time, I think the wide wind shield with the low height gave the illusion that it was bigger then it is. It is the most comfortable vehicle I have ever had the pleasure to drive or ride in! It has so many goodies, and I don't know half of what they are still. I was wanting a Hummer since they came, but getting to live vicariously through my friend, really helped me decide. I did not want to spend a ton of money and end up with something overrated.

My Tahoe is a 1993 and has 225000 miles on it. It has been the best vehicle I have ever owned, and I feel bad that I will be selling soon. This truck has never let me down, not even once. My husband has been wanting us to replace it for ages, and I would not relent. Now that I have experienced a Hummer, there is nothing else I could possibly want. Any larger decent SUV costs in the same price range as a Hummer, perhaps a little more. I understand you get what a person pays. I am a Chevy girl, and to replace my Tahoe with another Tahoe would be stupid.

I am not the rich spoiled wife, like some people have insinuated. I also have been a car/truck/bike enthusist all my life. I have muscle cars, sport bikes, and 4x4s since I started driving.

We will get the Hummer when the right one comes along... Thanks for the advise.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jimages:
Diana - I hate to get off track here and talk about your original post as it seems others have a different agenda on this forum.

Go buy a Hummer and become part of the famliy! You won't regret it. I had some of the same thoughts as you when I was looking into getting one last October - gas mileage, size, vandalism, handling in snow, as well as finding the FUH2 web site. I had saved for a long time to go buy a vehicle I've always wanted and I have no regrets! It took a couple of days to get used to it's size but it's a pleasure to drive and does extremely well in the snow with it's clearance and traction. I'm getting 12MPG which is better then I expected but I knew about the gas mileage before I bought it. The only downside I've found so far is you have to be able to handle lots of stares and people coming up to you asking questions about the vehicle. There is the occassional flying finger but it's usually by some teenage kid driving an old beatup rusty rice burner.

Put aside any of the fears or concerns you had and go buy one!!!

Jim
Old 08-05-2005, 01:01 PM

Diana is off the scale

Hey Gorton, or should I say Stephen... I thought you worked out 2-3 hours a day?

A thanks to those that made this possible. You know who you are...
Attached Images

Old 08-05-2005, 01:28 PM

hyperion78 is off the scale

Quote:
Originally posted by RasterMaster:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Klaus:
oh, i'm at the gym 2-3 hours per day.

Yeah, right. Cleaning the toilets! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah...he's the nerd that washes the jockstraps! Otherwise known as "towel boy". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no he's the guy in the glory hole.
Old 08-06-2005, 02:51 AM

hyperion78 is off the scale

damn it why do I always kill the threads!
Old 08-08-2005, 10:46 PM

sharon is off the scale

i had some of the same concerns that you have.i picked up my new 2005 last friday and my only regret is that i didnt get one a long time ago.
Old 08-08-2005, 10:49 PM

sharon is off the scale

ps.i wish this forum was a little more profesional.
Old 08-08-2005, 11:12 PM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by blindmann:
p<span class="ev_code_RED">.</span>s.<span class="ev_code_RED">- I</span> wish this forum was a little more profes<span class="ev_code_RED">s</span>ional.

I can see that you're a perfectionist. We will try better next time when a troll comes aboard.
Old 08-08-2005, 11:37 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally posted by blindmann:
ps.i wish this forum was a little more profesional.
Maybe this forum would be a little more exciting for you:
http://www.actuary.com/actuarial-dis...isplay.php?f=1

P.S. - Where did you read in the brochure that this was a professional forum?
Old 08-09-2005, 02:53 AM

MattMs is off the scale

Diana, you cannot please everybody, but the most important thing is that you get what you want. THat is what I did about a month ago I bought a brand new one. As for how the middle finger thing goes. If there is alot of tree huggers up there I'm sure you will see some birds flying. Those people are just plain stupid and really don't have any clue about the h2 or any of the large suv's for that fact. They are just scared of it!! The gas mileage is not that good when compared to a civic, but when compared to other suv's its not that bad. My expedition I traded in got 10-11 mpg in stop and go traffic and 16-17.5 on hwy. On a trip this past weekend to northern cal on hwy 1 I averaged 14.7 mpg. and in stop and go traffic about 10-11 mpg that is not that much of differnce, especially all things considered. full time 4wd, the exp was 2wd. and etc. On straight hwy I get about 15.3 mpg that's around 60 mph. After the break in period I'll move up to 65 then 70 and see what happens there. Usually over 70 is when it starts to drop. I back and forth for about 2 weeks. Then went in haggled a little bite more got a final price and walked out. Came back the next day and bought it. I haven't regretted it a single sec. Its a great suv. Good luck!! Get what you want
Old 08-09-2005, 03:58 PM

Diana is off the scale

Thanks for the advise. I am going to wait a little longer, and go for a 2006. I know it will be worth the wait in the long run. I will have to be a non Hummer owner for awhile longer, but I know it will be worth the wait. My best girl friend has an H2, so it is not like I go through life without one completely...

Good luck and enjoy your new Hummer.

Quote:
Originally posted by MattMs:
Diana, you cannot please everybody, but the most important thing is that you get what you want. THat is what I did about a month ago I bought a brand new one. As for how the middle finger thing goes. If there is alot of tree huggers up there I'm sure you will see some birds flying. Those people are just plain stupid and really don't have any clue about the h2 or any of the large suv's for that fact. They are just scared of it!! The gas mileage is not that good when compared to a civic, but when compared to other suv's its not that bad. My expedition I traded in got 10-11 mpg in stop and go traffic and 16-17.5 on hwy. On a trip this past weekend to northern cal on hwy 1 I averaged 14.7 mpg. and in stop and go traffic about 10-11 mpg that is not that much of differnce, especially all things considered. full time 4wd, the exp was 2wd. and etc. On straight hwy I get about 15.3 mpg that's around 60 mph. After the break in period I'll move up to 65 then 70 and see what happens there. Usually over 70 is when it starts to drop. I back and forth for about 2 weeks. Then went in haggled a little bite more got a final price and walked out. Came back the next day and bought it. I haven't regretted it a single sec. Its a great suv. Good luck!! Get what you want
Old 08-09-2005, 04:43 PM

Snake II is off the scale

Quote:
also Diana, do you need the hummer to fill the gap of pleasure that your husband leaves out, from his shrunken steroid enbalmed member? elitist superhuman wannabe. you guys must be the talk of the juice bar. oh trust me the H2 will bump you up quite a few notches in that low life social spectrum.

Hey Gorton, we see this is your form of pleasure...
Attached Images