H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 03-01-2006, 09:17 PM
Hummer Veteran

Av1ator is off the scale

I took my H3 in for regular service on 2/23/06. The check engine light was on as well and it was running rough at idle. They found a cracked line that is an intricate part of the intake manifold.
And they said there was something wrong with the number three cylinder. Four days later they get the intake replaced but still there is a low compression problem with the number three. They think it needs a new cylinder head. They are thinking it has a bad valve seat. Today they tell me there are NO PARTS available to fix it and it may be weeks before they have it fixed. They have given me another H3 to drive at their expense...SO I guess I can't be too upset. HOWEVER, this is the first American Car I have bought new since the 1981 Pontiac Grand Prix I bought that was a LEMON from day one...Now I have 38 grand in what is turning out to be another lemon. I'll proabley get rid of this thing for another Nissan.
Old 03-01-2006, 09:29 PM
Hummer Veteran

phantom2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Funny you should mention Nissan...I brought my H3 in for some warranty service and they gave me an 06 Pathfinder for a loaner.To tell you the truth,If I knew I wouldn't get too screwed on a trade,I'd have me a Pathfinder.It didn't have the handling of the H3 and the cool looks either,but it had plenty of great stuff to make up for it.I love my H3, but next time it's a Pathfinder for me.
Old 03-01-2006, 10:05 PM
Hummer Professional

deicustoms1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds like a nissan commercial up in here.

It's all in your head. Or maybe the h3 can tell you don't like it, so it's not going to like you. And that's what you get for going so long between owning american cars. It was bound to happen, error on your part.
Old 03-01-2006, 10:15 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

I got rid of my 2004 murano to get the H3 Better MPG 20/25 and very quick.I still rather have the H3
On the nissan. bad alternator, sunroof replacement within 3000 miles and at the beach when I almost got stuck I smelled burning trans and slipping without tires turning only got out because I banged it into reverse.
Attached Images

H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 03-01-2006, 10:46 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to hear about your troubled H3.

I think some people are just unlucky with cars. I have imports and american cars and by far, the american cars have been better.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 03-02-2006, 12:46 AM
Hummer Veteran

Av1ator is off the scale

Maybe I am just unlucky..I really LOVE my H3 and is the most awesome vehicle I have ever owned....But when you have MAJOR engine problems with just 14,000 miles and it is going to be out of service for WEEKS..I have to think I made a mistake...whats going to happen when it has 40,000 on it and is out of warrenty?
Old 03-02-2006, 12:53 AM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

I can certainly understand you feeling that way but I don't think you made a mistake. I have known people with all kinds of vehicles that have had similar problems and it really sucks. I just hope they can get it fix really soon and you have no more problems. The quality is there unlike back in '81.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 03-02-2006, 01:13 AM
Hummer Guru

NEOCON1 is an unknown quantity at this point

man oh man soundin like a troll fest here , sorry to hear about your troubles , hope they get it fixed for you , but if you like the nissan that much maybe you should get one .
* Rollin with the Banned and the Damned *

"Fred Thompson for President "
Old 03-02-2006, 03:19 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMTECH is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't give up on your H-3 just yet, remember it is a brand new model with an engine that is only (correct me if i'm wrong) 3 years in production. there will be some problems, but A competant GM tech will have it better than new just give him the chance. Remember the tech working on your H-3 if he does not fix it right he has to do it again for free, thats how flat rate works. The assembly plant guys or robot, no matter what manufacturer has no accountability once it leaves the plant. Speaking from my own experence any truck that leaves my shop when I work on it never comes back with a repeat failure unless it's due to A parts failure. I would rather eat an hour now than eat 10 later. Just my opinion but out of all 3 models being A hummer tech the only one I would buy is an h-3, and never an import. Cheers and I hope you enjoy your h-3 for years to come.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:57 AM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

That serious of engine has proven to be very reliable; however, any thing man made can break. What I'm having a hard time believing is what the dealer stated. That engine has been around long enough to have enough parts available for service. I would call the Hummer assistance center and get a case number, and get the dealer on the ball.
Talking with my service manager yesterday, they replaced two engines so far since they started selling Hummers in June.
One was due to the timing chain jumping gears, the other was due to a missing oil drain plug (thanks Walmart, and this repair was not warranty ).
Both engine took less than three days to arrive from Service Parts.
Old 03-02-2006, 03:05 PM
Hummer Veteran

Jackwins is off the scale

Whoa, sorry to hear about your H3, but dont blame all American made cars. Ive had a Toyota Camry, Nissan Maxima, Yukon Denali, and now the H3, and honestly they have all run the same. I never had a problem with any of them. The Camry has over 170k miles on it now. I sold the Maxima and traded the Denali, again neither one of them had any problems. I guess I better knock on wood.

Its a Hummee you dummee,

Jack"always"wins
Old 03-02-2006, 05:09 PM
Hummer Veteran

Av1ator is off the scale

I called the Hummer Customer Assistance center.
They said the same thing the dealer is telling me. The parts are on backorder and I will just to be patient there is nothing else they can do.
It is still hard to believe as many of these engines as GM has in different vehicles there are no parts.
Old 03-02-2006, 05:41 PM
Hummer Expert

Arizona Hummerboy is an unknown quantity at this point

You could check the LEMON LAW for your State, and see if there is any thing that could be done for you. May be your Dealership could trade your H3 out for a New One due to the LEMON LAW.

I know when my New 03 H2 was in the Body Shop after being hit by a Drunk Driver, it set there for 4 1/2 mounts due to them now having parts to fix the Hummer with.

I wish you the best of luck, on them making things right for you.
Old 03-02-2006, 05:47 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
...whats going to happen when it has 40,000 on it and is out of warrenty?

You get 50,000 miles and 4 years on the H3

Sucks about the wait for part I hope they gave you a loaner.
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 03-02-2006, 06:16 PM
k9tim

My Nissan Xterra had under 500 miles on it when the transmission cooler line that the factory forgot to crimp popped off and fried the whole transmission.

The dealer had the truck for three weeks before they told me they couldnt get another tranny for another 2 months minimum. They ended up pulling one out of another Xterra on the lot.

When I asked why they didnt just give me another truck, the service manager explained that they would make NOTHING out of that solution but if they tore one out of the SAME new truck I wanted them to swap me for and put it in mine, Nissan would pay them for it.

Don't feel too bad man. Has nothing to do with it being an American make.
Old 03-02-2006, 06:30 PM
Hummer Guru

My wife worked for nissan for 6 months In that time she told me storys. lugs not tight wheel fell off in 2 blocks.A couple of times they forgot to put oil in blew motors on one customer they added the oil after he drove it up and back down the road and then sent him on his way.I find the service at the Hummer dealer good at this point.
Old 03-02-2006, 06:43 PM
Hummer Veteran

Pacey is off the scale

Hello av1ator
Join the club. I had exactly the same problem. Engine light went on and the dealer discovered the same problem you desribed. Also the spare parts were on backorder. After 6 weeks in the garage they gave up and after some serious pressure from my side agreed to replace the car with a new one. As far as I know they have still not managed to get the parts together (2 months now)

The thing that worries me now is that they could not figure out what caused the problem in the first place.
Old 03-02-2006, 06:44 PM
Hummer Authority

ree is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Nissan bashers,
I never had a problem with my Xterra, except it wasn't a HUMMER. Crap happens with every make of car.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:50 PM
Hummer Veteran

Av1ator is off the scale

It seems I am out of luck with the lemon law in Alabama it is 12 Months or 12 Thousand miles which ever comes first. My H3 has 14,000 miles on it. So I guess I am gonna drive the crap out of this loaner till mine is fixed!
Old 03-03-2006, 12:28 AM
Hummer Expert

jp's-h3 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had my 1986 Toyota 4runner for 13 years, it had 211,000 miles and ran great! I really miss it but, I LOVE MY H3!

Last edited by jp's-h3 : 01-26-2007 at 01:10 AM.