H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Photos of YOUR H2

Old 10-30-2003, 02:07 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

With the width of the H2 you guys are worried about a 4" lift????

Anyways with a lift, as Detonate put it, you can add bigger tires(don't know about the affects to the tie-rods) adding a little more width thus cancelling(well improving) the "Wholly **** I going over!" factor.
It would be a factor for guys who load up their Gobi's or the spare tire on top(or 2).

BTW like most companies, GM techs probably know the true "Tipping Threashhold" for the H2 and it ain't 40 deg. My guess more like 50-55. Dan was bang on. Range Rovers are at 40 also, go figure.

4" lift? That's nothing to break a sweat over with the width of our monsters.

4" of extra clearance? Hell I can leave my steps on!

My Video Collectionez

Old 10-30-2003, 02:46 PM
Hummer Expert

Buckeye Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

I guess it depends what you drive over. We are all in different parts of the country (a couple in Canada) so we see different terrain. We hit VERY steep slopes out here, in fact, just last week I struggled (and stopped) with my H1 to get up a very loose and very steep slope while out with Steve and a couple other guys. The other guys made it with a little hold the brake and pop the gas manuever I have yet to learn. I would NEVER do this with a lift without wearing a diaper. IT WOULD ROLL. In fact, Steve was talking to me on the radio trying to keep me from sliding to the right in fear that the H1 would roll (that's not easy to do).

You may be right that rock avoidance could cause the need to do the side slope but not out here. We have very deep rutted, steep and incredibly loose dirt and rock that tosses your truck all over the place. It's really nasty stuff and hard to gauge with it being so loose.

A few trips ago Steve attempted this completely ridiculous slope but could not gain enough traction to get up. It was scary to say the least to be at the bottom and watch him slide side to side wondering if his wheel was going to catch and roll. He's a good driver but a little nuts. Don't buy his H2 used
Old 10-30-2003, 03:22 PM
Hummer Veteran

kdio is off the scale

Don't forget the backspacing on aftermarket rims also pushes the tires out, giving the truck a wider stance. I know my H2 is atleast 2 to 3 inches wider than stock.

03 H2 Sunset Orange Polished Magna Charger w headers & cold air intake, 37" MTRs w Weld Mountain Crushers, GPS Nav. & 2 rear LCD TVs w DVD, Extreme Tube steps
Old 10-30-2003, 07:29 PM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

Good thoughts, good thoughts....what I'm hearing is basically that the lift really isn't going to compromise the side-slope stability enough where it'll be a problem.

I'm 100%+ certain that the H2 desperately needs more clearance. You've all heard me bitch before how I've pulled up to a lifted Bronco or other lifted truck....looked eye-to-eye with them (same seat/cabin height).....and yet they have huge clearance under the rig and we just don't!!

I've scraped and dragged my belly over lots of stuff. Being that clearnce is an issue 90% more ofthen the side-slope....it only makes sense to sacrifice a bit more side-slope to gain the clearace. This is the part where I say..."it's all a trade-off".

The only thing I'm also saying, and I think DRTYFN may agree with me.....is that there are instances where it just feels like sacrificing even a shred of side-slope stability would be hazardous!

I've always wanted to perform the ultimate test: putting the H2 on some kind of hinged side-moving table and see just where she'll give. I'd love to perform a test on stock, 2" lift and 4" lift......wouldn't that be fascinating!!!!!

Btw....watch your tire pressure on extreme side-slope: great way to pop a bead!

My own hunch is that a 2" lift with 37's is likely the most I'd go or suggest going.

Another ultimate solution might be to find a way to give ourselves the ultimate in flexibility: I say we borrow a page from the book of "low-riders" and get into some gnarly hydraulics that can raise & lower the rig! Control for all 4 corners!

Imagine...if you had a side-slope to the right....you could lower your left side and fully extend your right side! A computer could maintain & control the thing. Jack it up for rocks, lower it down when needed...etc.

I've only got one other problem...my rig fits into my garage with a mere 1/2" to spare. Any lift or even larger tires leave my girl out in the elements. Course, I could take off the useless racks, but I hate the looks w/o them.
Old 10-30-2003, 07:38 PM

Detonate is off the scale

I've been letting mine rot outside since 2 weeks after I got it.

I know I'm probably getting a lift. If not, I'm definately getting a roof rack. Either way my garage won't work.

I'd love a 2" lift on 37" 13.5 with a 4.5 backspaced rim. That would totally kick ass!

However, I'm willing to pony up to the 4"er if I ever get the cash.

You here me RANCHO!!! WE WANT A 2"ER!!!!!

-Jim March
Arlington TX
2003 Red H2
Beauty is in the eye of the Beer Holder
Old 10-31-2003, 04:34 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

You may want to shy away from the wheel offset....your gonna put a lot of undue stress on parts that weren't designed for it. Also....you'll start throwing rocks at your body with the tires sticking out like that.

I'd definitely stick with the 2" lift...then do this: torque your front-end up by cranking up the torsion bars, then put a shim under the rear height sensor.....that'll dial ya in for another 1" while moving the front diff up as well.
Old 11-05-2003, 05:45 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Still waiting for my buddy's tape with more footage of my H2.
Old 11-05-2003, 07:31 PM
Hummer Professional

HUMMERDOGG is an unknown quantity at this point

DRTYFN-

Finally read this thread today and saw the pics... (Don't know where I've been...) Anyways, very nice or as White Beast would say VERY NICE... (j/k White Beast) The reason for my post besides stroking your ego is that I saw the Zuki had what appeared to be the new Swamper IROK's. Am I right? And if so, what was your impression of them (I know from your post you love the GY), as well as, the guy who owns the Zuki running them? I'm thinking of putting those on the H2.

Thanks.

-HUMMERDOGG

*NO LONGER A member of the "No Hummer Krew"*
Old 11-05-2003, 08:30 PM
Hummer Messiah

Yeah, you're right, I love my MTRs!! after seeing what they're capable of on the trail they'll be on my rims whenever I go offroad.
My buddy likes the Swampers and he runs them almost completely deflated. But even w/o air they hardly flex, at least in comparison w/ the MTRs. They are a very tough durable tire.
Old 11-05-2003, 08:54 PM
Hummer Messiah

I just got off the phone with my buddy and he said the IROKs are bias-ply and are great for lighter rock crawlers, but are not recommended for heavy vehicles.
Old 11-05-2003, 09:12 PM

What the **** is up with this "HEY LOOK AT ME!!! I RAN THE RUBICON!!@! I'M THE WINNNNNAR!!!11!!! I'M BETTER THAN ALL YOU OTHER PEOPL!!S!!!"

-Jim March
Arlington TX
2003 Red H2
Old 11-05-2003, 10:19 PM
Hummer Messiah

You are soooo close to getting laid out in front of everybody. The only reason I've been civil to you is so I could buy your SMA guard. But you can stick it up your bitter ass, you grumpy prick!!! You're a close-minded ******* that shouldn't be allowed to come into contact with the public, let alone run a website for children.
It seems like everytime you come in here you've got a giant chip on your shoulder.
Old 11-06-2003, 02:17 AM

I'm not selling you my SMA guard anymore. I'm afraid you are just using it to get people to stare at you.

-Jim March
Arlington TX
2003 Red H2
Old 11-06-2003, 02:19 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DRTYFN:
It seems like everytime you come in here you've got a giant chip on your shoulder.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Now isn't that the biggest bit of hypocritical **** you've puke out of your cake hole.

-Jim March
Arlington TX
2003 Red H2
Old 11-06-2003, 02:19 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Detonate:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DRTYFN:
It seems like everytime you come in here you've got a giant chip on your shoulder.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Now isn't that the biggest bit of hypocritical **** you've puke out of your cake hole.

Don't worry, you and your butt buddy friends don't bother me in the least with your 3rd grade insults. So "lay me out".

-Jim March
Arlington TX
2003 Red H2
_Beauty is in the eye of the Beer Holder_<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

-Jim March
Arlington TX
2003 Red H2
Old 11-06-2003, 02:40 AM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

Detfag,

You are a two faced creepy ****. Go back to that Kiddy P$$n Web site of yours.

I sure when all the members see it, it`ll creep them out too.

I will follow you to the ends ma gay dick sucking friend.

NO MORE TRUCE.

My Video Collectionez

Old 11-08-2003, 01:03 AM

5spd is off the scale

DRTYFN,
Give me a yell next time you come down to run the Rubicon. I would get the time off to run it with you, it would an interesting experience. I do like what pics you have up also. Not many H2s on it overall, so maybe you will start a new trend for the other owners.
After being gone for 3 weeks and getting back that was the 1st thing I was looking for (your pics) after getting bashed by you I had to "see" actual proof....haha
The 1st thing just about everyone does is add more side protection as you found out. Those granite rocks will always get you when you least expect it, same for your undercarriage as you well know now also, and the thing is you cant damage em back as Cranky Steve pointed out. We want to keep it open for everyone.
Super job you did with your H2 there.

Old 11-08-2003, 04:58 AM
Hummer Messiah

5spd,
I think we're going to make another run at it next summer. But you never know, we might get inspired and have to do it sooner.
I'll definitely have a beefed up undercarriage next time. I'm going to start planning how to fortify things under the H2 next week. I'll try to post pics as I go.

It'd be great to get a bunch of guys to go, with all kinds of rigs.