H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Photos of YOUR H2

Old 01-10-2004, 03:08 PM

drouke is off the scale

I don't know why anyone would want one, but I saw one on ebay.
Old 01-10-2004, 04:51 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

They are quite inexpensive, cheap ones hanging in auto stores, Target and Wal-Mart. The better ones have remote control, which is quite neat, imagine if you can turn on the neon lights outside the disco. I think $100-$200. If you search eBay, there are lots of them. I thought about it but gave up on that since I couldn't figure out when or where I may use it. I saw a truck with it light up in LA last week, looks very cool.
If I know how to install them, I would buy a set.

I think for offroad use, the tubes will be broken within the first few minutes.

$9. Up for sale are 12" Single Cold Cathode Units with Inverters, in 6 color choices.
Available colors are Blue! Red! White! Green! PURPLE and UV (Black)!
Included with the purchase: 1 (one) 12" Cold Cathode bulb with polycarbonite casing, and 1 (one) 12volt Inverter. The bulb comes ready to connect to the inverters. This is a great do-it-yourself kit for auto enthusiasts. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2451848462&category=33 714

There are tons of them here. http://listings.ebaymotors.com/aw/pl....html?from=R11
Attached Images

Old 01-10-2004, 04:55 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Looks nice. My Hummer is a toy, why not. Maybe one of these days I get a set. $129 with remote.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2453455859&category=33 714
Attached Images

Old 01-10-2004, 06:24 PM

hummer33 is off the scale

they do look nice.. a little tacky.. but it is a toy thanks mac for the great info.. will give an update
Old 01-10-2004, 08:49 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Every other aftermarket accessories costs more than this underbody remote neon kit, consider how dramatic the light is, it is a far better investment/return value. Such as compare with big offroad lights or brush guard, honestly how often do you use them? or do you really need all those extra stuffs?

I am not sure if the neon light is tacky, I may feel the same about all those add-on and chrome stuffs, but I respectfully withheld my opinion, not easy, many times I almost said something and I really want to, but I did not, yet. The neon is unconventional, but why is 4 offroad lights, overkill racks and huge extra bars okay? or why is super chrome everywhere not tacky?

Neon light is crazy, maybe I want to do it just for that reason, or maybe not.
Let me see your pictures once you are done.
Old 01-12-2004, 01:07 PM

the one on ebay that changes color is the one im going with.. wait for pics
Old 01-12-2004, 01:37 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Show us the photos once you are done. I might just be crazy enough to install them too. Some might say a middle age man trying to grab on to youth, but it will be exciting, and just crazy enough to add some zest to my life.
Old 01-12-2004, 10:24 PM

Centerfire is off the scale

DOn't look at it that way.. I look at it this way. A middle aged man who never got out of his 1st childhood.. Simply I can now afford the toys I wanted when I was younger. WOrks for me.

Mike<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MAC:
Show us the photos once you are done. I might just be crazy enough to install them too. Some might say a middle age man trying to grab on to youth, but it will be exciting, and just crazy enough to add some zest to my life.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 01-13-2004, 03:29 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

It is unlikely(80%) I'd get the neon but I might(20%). But my chance of buying a Hummer was 0%, buying a luxury sedan was 100%, I ended up buying a Hummer. You got to do some crazy unexpected paradigm shifting things to free up your mind and body, otherwise life gets staled and too comfotable in its usual track.

A mother at my son's school said to me at a party: "So you ARE the Hummer Guy! my son kept on talking about that Hummer Guy." From others' viewpoints, I am no longer who I was simply because I bought a Hummer, nobody (even old friends) remember I had nothing to do with Hummer just 15 months ago. I didn't plan on that, if I bought a S500, I would now be just another parent in a sea of Mercedes. I took a sharp turn back in Sept 02 in buying the Hummer, which was not a big deal to us at that time, but turned out to be a refreshing big deal.

There are a few places I can use the underbody neon.
1- Driving to the country clubs and lodges, there are long driveways. The guards at the security houses and the valet will freak out. Members may not like that, but maybe I don't care.
2- Driving in the hills near my house where there is almost no traffic and no cop.

Cheap thrill.

hummer33, which changing colors remote kit are you talking about? give me a link.
I am sure I don't want flashing strobe headlights, nor neon plate frame and all other neon crazy things, maybe just the changing colors underbody neon with remote.

[This message was edited by MAC on 01-13-04 at 09:41 AM.]
Old 01-14-2004, 06:16 PM

Mac, ill go with either of these:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2453127633&category=33 714

and most like this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2453597030&category=33 714

nice affect
Old 01-18-2004, 04:59 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Hummer33, where are your Hummer underbody neon light pictures? bought yet? done yet? I want to see them pictures. I am very interested in doing the same low class cheap trick. But I want to see how low class it looks before I buy and install this underbody neon on my Hummer. Even I have limits as to how low I can get. Thanks, hurry up, what are you waiting for?
Old 01-22-2004, 05:11 PM

MAC, i saw the underbody on an h2 the other day in Boston. totally changed my mind. it looks like ****. most of the light is absorbed by the truck's under equipment. very tacky looking.. go for it if that what floats your boat.. if im desperate.. ill put a few flashlight under the truck
Old 01-23-2004, 12:38 PM
Hummer Veteran

WhiteH2Kid is an unknown quantity at this point

This is why you need to get it installed by somebody very good where they will position the lights so it all hits the ground. Also the L.E.D underglow is ALOT brighter. Mine lights up the entire ground and looks amazing!
Old 01-23-2004, 03:30 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Please kindly show us some pictures, we like to see. I thought the one Hummer33 saw maybe was badly installed. The correct directions and positions of the tubes should prevent illuminating the underbody, it is for ground lighting.
I can imagine it is not easy to take a picture of Hummer at night with neon lights.

How many colors do you have?
I personally think just blue or just white color should be cool.
Old 01-23-2004, 03:30 PM
Hummer Guru

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

MAC, didn't you have a crazy light-up disco antenna at one time? Might have to get that baby out again!

-------------------------------------------------
SUT on order 12/02. 13 months down, 5 to go!
-------------------------------------------------
S&B Member Since 2003
Old 01-23-2004, 03:37 PM

whiteh2kid.. PICTURES PLEASE. mac wants to prove me wrong
Old 01-23-2004, 04:01 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

I was at Target buying somethings a couple days ago, I visited the Automotive section and was looking at those neon things for inside the car. I actually had 1-2 of them in my hands to buy, but returned them to the shelf before I checked out. I had that blinking LED neon antenna inside the Hummer once, I could not drive with it, in the dark the blue neon light was blinding.

I like to and want to do some crazy stuffs, keep my mind sharp and refreshed. As you know, whether most people agree or disagree with me is rarely relevant to me.
Old 01-23-2004, 05:04 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

I went offroad twice, don't take it personally, I thought it was boring and stupid, "Is that all there is?" I tried it out twice, simply because I wondered there must be a reason why these people are so dedicated to it and kept on selling and pushing it like a religion, it is not good enough they like it, they have to convert others. First time it was boring, so I tried it out again just to make sure I didn't miss anything, but second time it was boring and stupid. Nothing wrong with offroad, more power to you, just not my cup of tea. Obviously I enjoy the company of you offroad guys and I respect you guys accordingly, but frankly most of you are rather rough and rude characters, nothing right or wrong about it, thats just the way offroad people are.

Don't feel bad, I tried out churches and they didn't work for me. I never have neon underbody lights, maybe I'll try it. If it as boring as offroad and churches to me, I'll move on and find something else.