H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Photos of YOUR H2

Old 03-09-2004, 02:23 AM

cinci is off the scale

Phil,

Now you are on the right track. I have some friends with H1's, you may know one, that I would like to be able to keep up with. One has a license plate that reads "H2 EATR".

38" to 39" with the least amount of lift would be ideal. Some one here talked about Rancho, I believe, coming out with a 2.5" lift. If that could get you into 38" or 38.5" tires that might be the trick. Of course the front locker doesn't hurt.

I am going to Windrock with most of the group the end of this month. Hopefully, I will find out what additional changes need to be made.

Thanks,
David
Black H2
Green 97.5 H1 Wagon
Old 03-09-2004, 12:31 PM
H2 Club DFW Chapter Founder

HummerTeam is off the scale

The center of gravity has not been an issue with my 4" lifter H2 (Orange one in the pics). The 37's help a good deal, but the lift makes everything MUCH easier. The weight of the spare on top is not an issue either...

Detonate is just not afraid of anything, so lift or not, he will usually go further..!
Old 03-09-2004, 12:32 PM
H2 Club DFW Chapter Founder

HummerTeam is off the scale

Brandon's H1 - H2-ETR Black open top?
Old 03-09-2004, 12:35 PM

Detonate is off the scale

A lot of it depends on what exactly it is that you are wanting to do.

The lift helps, no doubt about it. I wheel with that lifted H2 all the time, and there is always a time where I can see the benefits mentioned. However, I've yet to witness the short commings of it's higher center of gravity. I'm sure it is there, but I firmly believe it's a non issue with Rancho's 4" lift. It has to be mere 3-5 degree difference in side slope capabilities because both me and the HummerTeam H2 have been on some serious slopes where I thought for sure I'd flip, and they were right along side me.

Once you start talking about adding a front locker, a bigger lift, then 39" tires, maybe wider tires, etc, etc... You are just working towards a purpose built vehicle. No doubt it will be better off road, but at the cost of road manners. And all the trails and obstacles that used to be hard, will now be easy. Then you'll search for harder obstacles to challenge you. After that, you'll start thinking about more stuff to add to your vehicle to make those obstacles easier. And the cycle will continue.

I think I've found my niche personally. I like the degree of difficulty found in the obstacles and trails I'm doing. I'd love a 2-4" lift for looks, and a little more off-road performance, but that would be about it.

That's my take on it anyways...
Old 03-09-2004, 01:38 PM

AlamoJim is off the scale

selectable front locker (I think the e-locker is or will soon be available for the H2 front) with a 2.5" lift minimum (4" max) and appropriate tire/wheel combo (37s look very good on the H2 IMO) and you would have a VERY capable vehicle. Like Det said: you start working towards a very purpose built vehicle. Putting a front selectable locker and mild lift will have little to no affect on your handling, except for off road! your ride will probably be more affected by your choice of shocks than the mild lift. larger lifts than 2.5" will start to affect the suspension angles which will in turn affect the handling and need to be compensated for in the kit with beefier/longer components.

Currently Skyjacker, Rancho, and FabTech make suspension lifts for the H2...all are established companies. I don't know anybody making a body lift kit for the H2 yet...but a smaller suspension lift and body lift would be a great combination of larger tire/modest lift IMO. 2.5" suspension with a 1" body...that would allow a 37" with no rubbing in the fenders - add a set of wheel spacers or wheels with correct backspacing and you put yourself in a great position without doing creating major stress on the drivetrain. but the steering components would take a beating when aired down offroad due to the extra grip the tires would have. so as usual - you gotta give a little to get a little

the H2 platform is similar to the GMC2500HD so a body lift for that truck or suburban ($270 for 2") would probably fit and give you tire clearance without the major suspension upgrades.

JMO...but it also depends on the terrain your building for. There is a reason you don't see those monster trucks rock crawling, they are too tipsy - but they can run mud pits all day.
Old 03-10-2004, 04:53 PM

Detonate is off the scale

Well, had my front end looked at today.

Appears I grenaded my Pitman Control arm on the right wheel.

Of course this a dealer order only part and costs $300, $550 installed by local mechanic, I didn't even bother to ask the dealer how much it would be.

Old 03-10-2004, 05:48 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

Damn that sucks Jim.

We should start up a Paypal fund for our Forum. That would work for some of the guys that represent us.

My Video Collectionez

Old 03-10-2004, 05:53 PM
Hummer Expert

Buckeye Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DennisAJC:
Damn that sucks Jim.

We should start up a Paypal fund for our Forum. That would work for some of the guys that represent us. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great idea Dennis! I need a few things fixed on my truck. It'll be aboooooout....ummmm $3,000. 2 people can donate $1500 or 3@$1,000 or 6@$500.
Old 03-10-2004, 05:57 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

F'ck dat!

I was talkin about a Forum Fund where we vote or donate to a member who has been with us long and represents our family. No wish lists. Has to be damage during combat.

Sounds complicated but I think it could be done.
Anyways I'm a sucker when it comes to donating.

My Video Collectionez

Old 03-11-2004, 02:45 AM
Hummer Authority

H2Finally is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DennisAJC:
... I'm a sucker when it comes to donating. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>A Canadian thaang?
Old 03-11-2004, 05:16 AM

sKauGhTiEe is off the scale

http://www.thebeckzone.com/~gibby/Stuff/priceless.jpg looks kinda Canadian to me.... (the plates)