H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Photos of YOUR H2

Old 06-30-2005, 02:05 PM
Hummer Veteran

Hummer Geek is off the scale

..but did you use H1 lugnuts--according to the service department at the dealership, they say the H1 threads are different.
Old 06-30-2005, 02:15 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Geek, Chuck in Chicago ( http://www.amghummer.com/ ) is a dealer for GT which has the lugs you are wanting. These are not stock lugs and you are going to have to get some aftermarket. GT has some that are already anodized black if you are wanting black otherwise, chrome seems to be the only option unless you go the route D&D did.

Tom Cepek did all of the work on getting them stripped and anodized for me. I only have one set plus several extras. I just called him to find out if there were any options and he said he would do it. I asked others on the forum a while back if they wanted some because Tom wanted to do as many as he could at one time to get the costs down and a few, maybe Frank did, others also got them.

Below is a pic of mine.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:
For the lugs, you can get them HERE.

He's the guy that started Dick Cepek tires (among other off-road stuff) and is a really good guy and will take care of you. There are no original black lugs available and he got in a bunch and had them anodized for me. I could not find them anywhere else and he was the only one I could find willing to work with me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Attached Images

Old 06-30-2005, 02:34 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Mine have been beat up with an impact wrench and show a little wear on the edges. Also, the colorfastness didn't last on this set but I didn't really care. I just wanted something to cover the studs and didn't want chrome and that's all that is available unless you get them customized.
Old 06-30-2005, 05:46 PM
Hummer Guru

frank6150 is an unknown quantity at this point

Believe it or not I still haven't put mine on yet Paragon, I think they are buried in my garage somewhere. I lost track of them during the move so who knows.
Old 06-30-2005, 08:53 PM
Hummer Authority

H2Finally is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DRTYFN:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H2Finally:
Drty, I would put the lugs on first, THEN paint it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And that, ladies & gentlemen, is why people with the deviant chrome fetish can't be trusted.

You better stick to tossing salads for people. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I don't get it . The "black" color is for looks only, no? How often do you remove/install the lugs? Doesn't seem a big deal to re-paint after each tire rotation. If you actually switch tires before every off-road trip, I doubt any "treatment" will survive.

Or am I missing the point entirely (since I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would want to defile such a beautiful vehicle with "boring-black-out" look in the first place..)
Old 06-30-2005, 09:46 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

You're short and it went right over your head.
If you rattle can them after they're on the wheel then you'll get over-spray(uh huh huh... spray) on the wheel.
I don't expect someone like you that has the deviant chrome gene to understand or appreciate the bling-less scheme.

Bling = eh eh
Old 07-01-2005, 05:08 AM
Hummer Authority

H2Finally is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DRTYFN:
If you rattle can them after they're on the wheel then you'll get over-spray(uh huh huh... spray) on the wheel. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>HOLY **** DRTY! Whoever said anything abt rattle canning? Ever heard of PAINTBRUSH??? Don't be scared to use it -- it's Kid's Stuff...!

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">And isn't yours the one with the "eh eh" color?!!</pre>
Attached Images

Old 07-01-2005, 06:28 AM
Banned

tower is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry, but I can't talk to you while you're in your mating ritual. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Too bad, 'cause that means you may never be able to speak with me again. Unless, of course, you go into your own mating ritual. That might be a good thing.
Old 07-01-2005, 12:52 PM
Hummer Messiah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tower:
Sorry, but I can't talk to you while you're in your mating ritual. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Too bad, 'cause that means you may never be able to speak with me again. Unless, of course, you go into your own mating ritual. That might be a good thing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Attached Images

Old 07-02-2005, 04:56 AM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hummer Geek:
..but did you use H1 lugnuts--according to the service department at the dealership, they say the H1 threads are different. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry Hummer Geek. You may be correct. I just assumed they were from an H1 since I asked for the same style. Glad the look is catching on though.

My Video Collectionez

Old 07-02-2005, 09:28 AM
Hummer Veteran

Hummer Geek is off the scale

No problem, thanks to PARAGON, I might have an option next week. I picked up my black mirror cap last night from Redbulljunkie (thanks for coming through, Redbull, you da' man...). I've only been on this forum for about a month and I picked up some great tips.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DennisAJC:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hummer Geek:
..but did you use H1 lugnuts--according to the service department at the dealership, they say the H1 threads are different. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry Hummer Geek. You may be correct. I just assumed they were from an H1 since I asked for the same style. Glad the look is catching on though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 07-07-2005, 03:12 AM
Hummer Messiah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H2Finally:
Or am I missing the point entirely (since I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would want to defile such a beautiful vehicle with "boring-black-out" look in the first place..) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I AGREE! Pewter rims look muuuuch nicer.
Attached Images

My Video Collectionez

Old 07-07-2005, 03:15 AM
Hummer Messiah

My Pewter Baby is now FINISHED!

Finally color matched the grill and mirror caps.

DAMN PEWTER IS NICE!
Attached Images

My Video Collectionez

Old 07-07-2005, 04:05 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Not bad..... for pewter.
BTW, Awesome bumper. Where the heck can I get one?
Old 07-07-2005, 04:18 AM
Hummer Messiah

Dennis,
Your rig looks SWEEEEEET!!!! Love the matching grill.
Very niiiiice bumper.
Old 07-07-2005, 05:33 AM
Hummer Veteran

HeimenHummer is off the scale

I've always loved the blacked out look and was ready to take the step in a few months but after seeing Denis's pewter rims I'm considering trading in for pewter just to have rims like that. Your ideal changing to that style of lugs and blackening the lugs was brilliant. Looks sharp.

By the looks of your rig, it doesn't look like you off-road though.

Just kidding! I know of your fearless reputation. Hope to witness you guys in maob if I can.
Old 07-07-2005, 06:43 AM
Hummer Messiah

Thanks Hammer,

I don't plan on doing anything else to my Hummer...

Until DRTY comes up with the Rear Winch Bumper . The Front Winch Bumper is IMO is what sets it apart from the rest. That and the wheels...And the damn handsome driver.

Me's mighty happy with the way it is now...So berry berry happy.

My Video Collectionez

Old 07-07-2005, 10:45 AM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Dennis,

Your rig looks great. Love the color matched grill.

So you aren't going to do anything else to it? Just give it time, you will come up with something

Was anyone here on the BeeLine in Central Florida Saturday afternoon headed for Cocoa Beach? Saw a great looking blacked out H2.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 07-07-2005, 11:59 AM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks great Dennis! It's beautiful, don't do anything else- it's perfect just like that.
Old 07-07-2005, 03:20 PM
Hummer Veteran

redbulljunkie67 is off the scale

Hummer Geek (aka H2 cousin) You are very welcome!