H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 01-16-2009, 02:30 PM
Hummer Veteran

KorkedBatz is off the scale
Default Anyone have an 09..

If so, thoughts on it? I am thinking about trading my 05 in.
Old 01-16-2009, 03:28 PM
Hummer Authority

HummerJim is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone have an 09..

I have an '08 which except for the flex fuel engine is identical. You will LOVE the increased power. That sold the '08 for me. You can feel it in the seat of your pants and it has a nice full throttle and idle sound. The padded center console is easy on the arm. I like the new instrumentation a lot too. I have the backup camera and consider it a necessity. I think the '08 and '09s have a quieter interior.
There are two things you have to get used to, the six speed shifts a lot on hilly terrain and the seats are a little firmer than the '07 and earlier seats, but you will love the increased power.
Old 01-16-2009, 05:56 PM
Hummer Veteran

Guinnessboy is on a distinguished road

i believe the 09's offer captain seats for the 2nd row.
Old 01-16-2009, 07:04 PM
Hummer Veteran

HUMMERICH23 is on a distinguished road

Has bluetooth too! Whippie! But Hummerjim is exactly right the real reward of buying an 08 or 09 is the powertrain. With my westers hot tune, cai, and corsa it is BA and awesome and really goes for such a huffer. Stock it was awesome too but the tune takes out so much of the torque management GM puts in the engine to attain its fancy 100,000 mile warranty. If the TCM was able to be modified along with PCM i would have taken the TQ management out of it too. But the 6.2 is Bad Assss and gets this huffer going.

Richard

From Truck Trend;

"As good as the interior is, the most welcome addition is the all-new, all-aluminum 393-horsepower, 6.2-liter V-8 and Hydra-Matic 6L80 six-speed automatic. The new engine is about 20 percent more powerful than the previous cast-iron 6.0-liter V-8 and offers 1500 pounds more towing capacity because of its 415 pound-feet of torque at 4300 rpm. The new transmission has a lower first gear (4.02:1) as well as what effectively works out to be two different overdrive gears, with the top gear of 0.66:1 allowing for relatively low highway cruising rpm. Beyond the odd placement of the switchgear (behind one side of the steering wheel), the transmission is butter smooth and responsive. At the track, the 2008 H2 was more than three seconds faster to 60 mph and two seconds faster in the quarter mile. Stopping distance was the same at 152 feet from 60 mph. And those looking to try out their H2's off-road ability will be interested to know the extra-low first gear allows the vehicle to sport an impressive 39:1 crawl ratio when put into low range. As to fuel economy, this is the last year vehicles of this size and weight will be allowed exemption from EPA numbers, but the H2 gave us 13 mpg combined-expect around 12 city/18 highway."

Another quick review from Car and Driver and their sister publication;

"Even in a vehicle weighing 6620 pounds, the now-standard 6.2-liter?s 393 horsepower and 415 pound-feet make for reasonable quickness. With a six-speed automatic replacing the old four-speed, the 2008 H2 will zip in and out of strip-mall battlegrounds faster than you can sing ?Oh, beautiful for unwav?ring might and viral jingoism.? We recorded 0-to-60 mph in 7.1 ticks, an improvement of 3.6 seconds over the ?03 H2. The quarter-mile arrives in 15.7 seconds at 88 mph, a trip during which you?ll be serenaded by the bellowing V-8, which sounds fantastic even over the torrents of wind noise generated by the H2?s flat, upright windshield. "
Old 01-17-2009, 10:12 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

My 05 has 4 GM OEM captain chairs already. Have had them for over a year.
It is real nice and looks cool. I have a center console in second row and it along with front console and other trim pieces are painted with a blackish color from Porsche that will be used in the 3rd paint job to give the ext. and int. even more in common.

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 01-17-2009, 09:40 PM
Hummer Expert

splne1 is on a distinguished road

any pics of your 05 interior? Just wandering what it looks like.
Old 01-18-2009, 01:06 AM
Hummer Veteran

solarflare is on a distinguished road

HUMMERICH23 has my twin! I just bought a solar flare metallic 08' H2 the day after Christmas. I love it......!!! More power and the seats heat up much quicker than my old 05'....helps in this cold weather!
I do have one question......for anyone with an 08'. If you turn everything off or down in your truck...when you hit the brakes....do you here a motor run with a slight high pitch noise? Mine does it every other time I hit the brakes....just curious if this is normal?
Old 01-18-2009, 03:20 AM
Hummer Veteran

Ice is on a distinguished road

I have an 08, purchased in Sept 08, and no it does not make that noise.
Old 01-18-2009, 04:54 AM
Hummer Veteran

TGCOFTN is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a 07 and a 08........I know EXACTLY what your talking about when you turn everything off and hit the brake pedal, mine does the same exact thing. My 08 is Solar Flare as well, my 07 is Yellow.

I have a question for you......when you turn your blinkers, or 4 way flashers on, does your back marker light flash? (the little light thats above you gas cap on the sides of the rear below the back window)

My 07 those lights flash, when I turn my blinkers on, and 4-ways on.

Also, I am curious, since you had a 05........have you gotten use to this new 6 speed tranny shifting so much? I thought it was something wrong with mine, I took it to the dealer a few times and told them this thing is scared of a hill, before it gets to the hill its already downshifting. So what I did is, I borrowed another 08 H2 from the dealer and drove it all day long, going up and down hills, and its does just like mine, so I guess its normal. Just seems like the old 6.0 liter is stronger below 2,500rpms than the new 6.2 liter. Once you get the 6.2 liter past 2,500rpms, its like a sports car, just wish it had more low end torque.

2007 Hummer H2 Yellow
2008 Hummer H2 Solar Flare

Last edited by TGCOFTN : 01-18-2009 at 04:59 AM.
Old 01-18-2009, 03:51 PM
Hummer Veteran

Yeah mine does the same thing. I have noticed that noise from day one when applying the brake and figured it was normal but makes me wonder if something is wrong. At night time once in a while you can notice the headlights or interior lights dim slightly when it makes that noise so i have no idea what it is. Man since its been like 0 degrees up here in NE Ohio, my dam dash rattles and creeks like no other, had to put friction tape inbetween the brush aluminum panals on the inside part of driver's side door and the brush aluminum air conditioning vent to stop some of it. But still love the 6.2!
Old 01-18-2009, 03:59 PM
Hummer Veteran

Yeah my transmission does the same too. It gets kind of annoying when you have to push the accelerator down pretty hard to get over a hill. However my tune helped out tremendously and have all the power i need to blast over a steep incline. I do know there are more recent TCM programmings that update shift points and make the 6 speed sooo much better. I am a frequent over at the denalitrucks.com board and they pretty much have the same 6-speed and issues and there was a service bulletin that updated the programming in the TCM and users have raved about how much better the 6-speed acts. I have not brought this up to the dealer yet because with my tune it hasn?t been such an issue but i think all you have to do is mention sluggish acceleration and delayed downshifting or holding the passing gear and not shifting in the overdrive gear.
Old 01-18-2009, 07:23 PM
Hummer Veteran

Ok, I thought it was just me.....My side marker lights in the rear do not blink on the 08' model. My 05' side blinkers did though.
The brake noise I have gets a little louder when you drive on it longer....sounds more like a squeal.....it's really annoying to me anyways.
Yes, I have to step on the gas to get up over a hill, but it doesn't downshift really hard.....I know that this new transmission has two overdrives....says so right in the sales brochure.....so that is probably why it bogs down a little when you first start going up a hill.
I don't think I want to update my TCM programming....I did that once in a dodge ram, and my gas mileage went from great to under 10mpg!
For those of you that have had the update....does it affect the mpg a lot???
My headlights dim a little to when the brake noise is heard.....from what I understand it is the motor for the brake accumulator. It turns on to bring the pressure back up for the brake lines. From what I heard, it is only supposed to run about every 10-15 brakes....but mine turns on every other time.....
HummerRich23.....what are the last six of your vin? I'm wondering if a bad lot of motors for the brakes went through......might find common vin numbers.

Last edited by solarflare : 01-18-2009 at 07:26 PM.
Old 01-18-2009, 11:47 PM
Hummer Guru

HummBob is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
My 05 has 4 GM OEM captain chairs already. Have had them for over a year.
It is real nice and looks cool. I have a center console in second row and it along with front console and other trim pieces are painted with a blackish color from Porsche that will be used in the 3rd paint job to give the ext. and int. even more in common.

TAZ

Pics...Pics...Pics
Old 01-19-2009, 01:51 PM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

will have to post pics later. putting things back together after audio/video upgrades. seats are in but, working to get custom carpet made. harder to find someone as the 2nd row floor is custom raised just a bit to get theater seating type look.

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 01-19-2009, 02:32 PM
Hummer Veteran

Yeah drove the 09 over the weekend...wow...the 6.2 is awesome! Also the new silver metallic color is sweet.
Old 01-19-2009, 04:47 PM
Hummer Veteran

Planohummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Trans issue/low end torque gets tremendously better if you use super unleaded.
Noise just after hitting brakes is normal, brake booster recharging(no more hydro-boost, now it's electrical)
Old 01-19-2009, 05:07 PM
Hummer Veteran

Any pros/cons of the air susp.?
Old 01-19-2009, 11:00 PM
Hummer Veteran

Yeah i only put 93 in and i have a rocket box.
Ill have to look up my VIN and let you know.
Hopefully it sounds like the noise is supposed to be there i guess.
I have also noticed actuall grinding in my brakes with moderate pressure and right before the truck stops its makes the grinding/friction noise. I have all ready had the front pads replaced and the rotors resurfaced at 12,000 because of that grinding noise but at 13000 miles right now that noise is back. Anyone else get rubbing/grinding noise with moderate braking right before the truck stops?
Old 01-20-2009, 02:26 AM
Hummer Veteran

I stopped in to the Hummer dealer on the way back home today..they are about 3 hours away....they checked the squeal noise, heard it, don't know what it is....they are calling tech tomorrow. They agreed that the noise shouldn't be there....Looks like they also went through and checked everything.....now the brakes catch really quick.....barely touch the pedal. They must of did some sort of adjustment....don't think I like it to much....But what are you going to do..??? I'll have to call them and ask what the heck they did.
I haven't had any grinding with my brakes.
Spent a lot of money on this truck....but they seem to have a lot of issues, for a top of the line luxury!
Old 01-20-2009, 03:57 PM
Hummer Veteran

Spoke with the dealership this morning.......he checked with the Techs and they said they didn't adjust anything, but tested all functions.....they think it might of brought the brake pedal up to where it should of been....
Interesting......
Can't wait to see what Hummer Tech is going to say about the noise....I'll post here once I know!