H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 09-09-2003, 06:34 PM

MindlesS is off the scale

Over the weekend I went to go chk out the deals on the 03' h2 and wanted to ask some more questions about the 04' before I make my decision. However after talking to the sales guy for about 45 min. I decided to go ahead and see what type of deal I could get on the Yellow H2 LX with extras, there sticker was about $60k. Anyhow while walking back in to his office I told him I was debating on either buying in San Diego,CA or in Las Vegas, NV because my brother just got his in Vegas and I thought I could probably get a better deal there. He said that I couldnt get one in Vegas, because of some Hummer franchise policy that prohibits interstate sales, and that if I wanted to buy in Vegas I would have to get a drivers license, and address of course for Vegas. Well I told him I already had all that, and he then told me that I couldn't buy the vehilce in San Diego because I dont have a drivers license for CA. Is that true? Or does it not matter where I buy it from?

He told me the reason for this policy is because some Hummer dealerships have higher markups, and they dont want people coming from WA or anywhere else to CA to get a lower price or some crap like that...Any input would help..THx.
Old 09-09-2003, 06:34 PM

Over the weekend I went to go chk out the deals on the 03' h2 and wanted to ask some more questions about the 04' before I make my decision. However after talking to the sales guy for about 45 min. I decided to go ahead and see what type of deal I could get on the Yellow H2 LX with extras, there sticker was about $60k. Anyhow while walking back in to his office I told him I was debating on either buying in San Diego,CA or in Las Vegas, NV because my brother just got his in Vegas and I thought I could probably get a better deal there. He said that I couldnt get one in Vegas, because of some Hummer franchise policy that prohibits interstate sales, and that if I wanted to buy in Vegas I would have to get a drivers license, and address of course for Vegas. Well I told him I already had all that, and he then told me that I couldn't buy the vehilce in San Diego because I dont have a drivers license for CA. Is that true? Or does it not matter where I buy it from?

He told me the reason for this policy is because some Hummer dealerships have higher markups, and they dont want people coming from WA or anywhere else to CA to get a lower price or some crap like that...Any input would help..THx.
Old 09-09-2003, 07:02 PM
Hummer Novice

rsatmans is off the scale

sounds like bull crap ive never heard of such a policy with any car brand

TAYLOR STERLING BROWN
Old 09-09-2003, 07:12 PM
Hummer Veteran

TouchdownTN is off the scale

It only matters as far as which state you want to license it in. I bought mine "out of area" but it was within the same state. My local dealer wouldn't budge at all on anything or help me with my trade so I bought from another dealer using a friends address. If you can use your brothers address there is no reason you can't buy from his dealer or use your own address and buy from your local dealer. Where your drivers license is shouldn't matter. Some of these dealers know that they have you and will put it to you. I don't know how GM goes about picking the Hummer dealers but they need to re-evaluate some of them. If I can be of anymore help just post here and I'll get back to ASAP. Hope this helps!

03 Black Adventure with all Lux Options,Brush Guard Lights, and Sylvania Silverstars. Go Vols!!!
Old 09-09-2003, 09:05 PM

csx164 is off the scale

Mindless, If you need a deal i can recomend a good dealership in Los Angeles. send me a direct email.

csx164@yahoo.com
Old 09-09-2003, 09:34 PM

Location: In the Deep South, Along the Shore of the Flint River
HummerGirl is off the scale

that's a load of crap...I live in GA and I bought mine an hour away in Florida.

~amy

White 2003 H2
Got Soap?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~5 out of 4 people have problems with fractions.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 09-09-2003, 10:52 PM

thanks all for you input i knew that guy was bsin me...However since my parents live in Vegas, and I still kind of live there when I go back to Vegas every month practically, I can always use there address, if I decided to get it from there. Also I dont really think I will be going back to 'MARVIN k BROWN" Hummer ever again. Thanks again.

Csx,
Here is my email address:
mindless@pclv.com
Old 09-10-2003, 12:07 AM
Hummer Expert

RasterMaster is an unknown quantity at this point

If you do go back to that dealer, take a shovel!

Check out the OkC Chapter Page!
Old 09-10-2003, 12:46 AM
Hummer Authority

Albie is off the scale

BS being a Vegas Native thats just crap. I was going to buy mine there but it was a 4 week waiting period.
Old 09-10-2003, 01:42 AM

Rosco is off the scale

The only cars ive ever heard that on were Bentley's and Rolls Royce.
Old 09-10-2003, 02:04 AM

H2 Daddy is off the scale

I remember reading about someone on this board who bought a H2 in another state and flew in to pick it up. So your dealer is full of crap. I would call another dealer and tell them you want to buy a H2 from them and then tell them about the other dealer's story and see what they say.
Old 09-10-2003, 02:16 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

Is that Amy????????????????????????? !
Old 09-10-2003, 02:55 AM

LasVegas is off the scale

What a bunch of bull. I flew into Nampa Idaho from Vegas and bought my H2. Drove it back to Vegas and just licensed it last week. No problems. Mindless, I sent you an email on my purchase so please be sure to check it. You might find it interesting.
Old 09-10-2003, 04:17 AM
Hummer Expert

ckhagman is off the scale

Actually the dealer is only half right. If you buy from out of state the dealer you bought it from does not get there full credit for being a local consumer. I can't remember what the offical term is but it is somewhat true but it does not apply to you. And last I heard a dealers sales territory where they get local credit is like 400 miles.

Bentley and Rolls is wrong also, or atleast it appears to be. I read an article about a guy that shopped the whole east coast for his car and then bought it in South Jersey. I believe he was a resident of Florida also.
Old 09-10-2003, 06:02 AM
Circuitguy

If you want to come on up to Northern CA I will get one for you without the BS. BIG-C

First American Properties Inc. 916-858-2383
White 03-H2-LUX
Old 09-10-2003, 05:39 PM

Drag is off the scale

What I heard is that it was a protective measure for the smaller dealers. Since the bigger Hummer dealers can offer better pricing, they can get customers to fly or drive out of state to buy from them, right? So GM came up with the policy that if the dealer sells to someone outside of their local area, then the credit for that sale will not show up in next year's allocation of vehicles. So that way, although the big dealer gets the initial sale, they don't get an H2 to sell in it's place next year.
Also, it encourages people to go to their local dealer for service, boosting that dealer's revenue, and hopefully accessory sales as well. I'm willing to be that Hummer makes a mint off of selling accessories, and the dealer markups on them are astronomical. How else could the dealers afford to give you a price break on installing them, vs. just selling them to you to put on yourself? That's my conspiracy theory for today.

Corvette= "The ability to pass with class"
Old 09-10-2003, 10:03 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Protected marketing territory is a standard and common practices in most businesses, one of the most important part of any marketing/sales arrangement we make with any salesperson or sales company or distributors, their rights must be protected without freelancers running around stealing business from their pockets, or the HQ taking business in their market without paying them the commission. The other side of the coin is when you have a customer who do not like to do business with that salesman or distributor or the retailer is rude or arrogant. It is very serious offense if I make a big sale in New York city without knowledge or paying our NYC salesmen.

I know a guy who buys brand new BMW, Benz, Lincoln cars here in US and ship them to China, he sells to the dealers there or buy for them. They have hundreds of buyers waiting in line with cold cash for new cars, these are not drug dealers or bad guys, just consumers hungry for new cars. I was surprised to learn that it is not an easy task to buy a lot of new cars. Most dealers will not sell to him once they even suspect of export sales, wherever they export the cars to; after awhile most dealers in the area know he is buying lots of new cars to send to China, which makes it even harder for him. Auto manufacturers punish the dealerships very harshly if they find out about it. Having said that, he manages to find few dealers willing to find a way around it. According to him, not easy at all, it is battle all the way, and the dealers in China can double the money even before the cars are loaded onto the ships.

Back to Hummer. Of course you can buy a Hummer anywhere you like, there are many willing Hummer dealers, including my local Hummer manager, just don't blow the horn too loudly.
Old 09-11-2003, 11:05 PM

OUSUCKS is off the scale

I got some ocean front property in Arizona........from my front porch you can see the sea....
Old 09-12-2003, 01:11 AM
Hummer Novice

8MYROVER is off the scale

Their is no "protected territory" in the automobile business. A dealer may have a Primary Market Area or Area of Responsibility, which determines amongst other things his basic allocation of vehicles and the amount of facities it has to have, but the dealer is not obligated to only sell in that area. I buy most of my trucks out of state, as the selection is far better than what California has to offer.