H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 05-09-2007, 09:19 PM
Hummer Veteran

yat74 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tire Pressure for 35" tires?

What should a 35" tire be inflated to for normal road driving? I have Coopers and on the tire it states that cold the max psi should be 50. I have them at 40psi now and go down to about 20 or 25 when offroad. Any suggestions.
Old 05-09-2007, 09:39 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Tire Pressure for 35" tires?

Read the tire placard at the driver's door. Max air pressure and recommended are two different things.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:35 PM
Hummer Authority

ChiHummer3 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've always wondered about that - What if they aren't the original tires that were on the car. What if you go bigger and better - do you still fill to what it says inside the door??
Old 05-09-2007, 11:30 PM
Hummer Veteran

Matt19 is off the scale

no guys, you fill what is says on the TIRE. Every tire has it written on it. Every tire has the PSI, the Size, and brand and whatever information is needed. Just bend down, take ur glasses off and read the tire itself. I cant be any clearer
2007 Black H3, Adventure Package, Chrome Appearance, Chrome Cross Bars, Moonroof, Tow Package, Chrome Tubular Assist Steps. "My golly, this is by far the best looking 2007 H3 you will ever never witness"

My H3 is gods gift to man.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:34 PM
Steve - SanJose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt19
no guys, you fill what is says on the TIRE. Every tire has it written on it. Every tire has the PSI, the Size, and brand and whatever information is needed. Just bend down, take ur glasses off and read the tire itself. I cant be any clearer

Isn't that MAX psi shown on the side of the tire? (not recommended psi)
Old 05-09-2007, 11:44 PM
Hummer Veteran

Matt19 is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve - SanJose
Isn't that MAX psi shown on the side of the tire? (not recommended psi)

actually I do think your right. I may have been mistaken.
2007 Black H3, Adventure Package, Chrome Appearance, Chrome Cross Bars, Moonroof, Tow Package, Chrome Tubular Assist Steps. "My golly, this is by far the best looking 2007 H3 you will ever never witness"

Old 05-10-2007, 12:42 AM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
actually I do think your right. I may have been mistaken.

You ARE mistaken. The tire labels the MAX tire pressure the tire is safe to be used with. The Tire Placard shows the recommended pressures from testing with the tire and the vehicle. (This might be off with non-factory tires, but pretty close, AS LONG AS THE TIRES ARE THE SAME SIZE.
I just noticed the original question was for 35's (so I can't read ).
So, to answer the original question....I can't, but would still recommend close to the recommended pressures, and keep and eye on the tires to see how they wear. Wearing on the outer treads pressure too low, wearing on the inner treads, pressure too high; even wear across the tire, pressure ok.
Old 05-10-2007, 01:20 AM
Hummer Veteran

Matt19 is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by f5fstop
You ARE mistaken. The tire labels the MAX tire pressure the tire is safe to be used with. The Tire Placard shows the recommended pressures from testing with the tire and the vehicle. (This might be off with non-factory tires, but pretty close, AS LONG AS THE TIRES ARE THE SAME SIZE.
So, to answer the original question....I can't, but would still recommend close to the recommended pressures, and keep and eye on the tires to see how they wear. Wearing on the outer treads pressure too low, wearing on the inner treads, pressure too high; even wear across the tire, pressure ok.

um buddy, a tire placard is only for the manufactured tires you get with your vehicle. If you read, the topic changed to tires you buy after market. These tires mostly wont tell you the recommended pressure for a specific vehicle.
Your still talking about looking at the sticker when you open your door...We already covered that, quit wasting time... Question is, where do you find the recommened pressure for an after market tire, becasue on the tire it might only say MAX!

Old 05-10-2007, 01:44 AM
Banned

lotus4s is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
um buddy, a tire placard is only for the manufactured tires you get with your vehicle. If you read, the topic changed to tires you buy after market. These tires mostly wont tell you the recommended pressure for a specific vehicle.
Your still talking about looking at the sticker when you open your door...We already covered that, quit wasting time... Question is, where do you find the recommened pressure for an after market tire, becasue on the tire it might only say MAX!

Matt,

The question was asked and answered with the best answer there is, go with the vehicle manufacturers recommendation. The same tire on different vehicles can have different required pressures and no tire or OEM manufacturer is going to list every vehicle application.

The advice from f5 on non-stock applications is what any tire expert would tell you.

You already posted one incorrect response in this thread and your last response could be considered by some to be disrespectful towards a very valued member here who has forgotten more about cars than you could possibly know at this point in your young life. Don't let your mouth or in this case your keyboard, overload your brain ......don't broadcast when you should be tuning in.
Old 05-10-2007, 02:27 AM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus4s
Matt,

You already posted one incorrect response in this thread and your last response could be considered by some to be disrespectful towards a very valued member here who has forgotten more about cars than you could possibly know at this point in your young life. Don't let your mouth or in this case your keyboard, overload your brain ......don't broadcast when you should be tuning in.

WTF?!?!? Someone needs a hug.....or perhaps a happy pill.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:13 AM
Hummer Veteran

Matt19 is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus4s
Matt,

i did not post anything wrong. I simply said you look on the tire it tells you what pressure it needs. I just didnt say wethers its Max or Recommended. So please tell me my errors in my ways. please, please do.

Old 05-10-2007, 03:34 AM
Hummer Authority

Quote:

Um buddy, I believe you apparently started out wrong....and then ended rudely.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:00 AM
Hummer Guru

HummBebe is an unknown quantity at this point

If you look in the driver door of an H2, you might get your answer.....
38 psi.....and that's what I run at.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:21 AM
Hummer Authority

Hummer Guy is off the scale

Quote:
I simply said you look on the tire it tells you what pressure it needs. I just didnt say wethers its Max or Recommended. So please tell me my errors in my ways. please, please do.

"More than half of drivers wrongly believe the correct tire pressure is located on the outside of their tire wall, which only reflects the "maximum permissible." The correct amount of pressure is located in your vehicle manual and can also be found on one of the vehicle’s doors, inside the glove compartment, trunk, or fuel door."

http://www.zerowaste.ca.gov/Events/Tires/FAQs.pdf

http://www.hummerguy.net

Last edited by Hummer Guy : 05-10-2007 at 03:23 PM.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:37 AM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by f5fstop

OR.....

Low Tire warning, not enough air, no low tire warning, good to go

Old 05-10-2007, 04:51 AM
Hummer Veteran

Matt19 is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hummer Guy
First, it was pretty offensive how you talked to F5 - and second, to address your request -

Check out this link on tire safety, bottom of page one where it says:

"More than half of drivers wrongly believe the correct tire pressure is located on the outside of their tire wall, which only reflects the "maximum permissible." The correct amount of pressure is located in your vehicle manual and can also be found on one of the vehicle?s doors, inside the glove compartment, trunk, or fuel door."

http://www.zerowaste.ca.gov/Events/Tires/FAQs.pdf

ok SMARTGuY, what do you do with tires that you buy at walmart? Check the owners manual?

You guys can bitch all you want, i looked at my tires on my eclipse (you guys dont deserve me looking at my hummer) and it says min and max...umm when you put in oil the dipstick says min and max. when you put in tranny fluid it says, min and max...
A semi-intelligent person would fill everything between MIN AND MAX. so if you SMARTGUYS out there cant do simple stuff like that, then..i pity your hummers. PITY

Old 05-10-2007, 05:05 AM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
ok SMARTGuY, what do you do with tires that you buy at walmart? Check the owners manual?

You guys can bitch all you want, i looked at my tires on my eclipse (you guys dont deserve me looking at my hummer) and it says min and max...umm when you put in oil the dipstick says min and max. when you put in tranny fluid it says, min and max...
A semi-intelligent person would fill everything between MIN AND MAX. so if you SMARTGUYS out there cant do simple stuff like that, then..i pity your hummers. PITY

Ok...you guys tried being nice....lemme try it this way

Hey Matt19:

Old 05-10-2007, 05:19 AM
Steve - SanJose

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummBebe
OR.....

Low Tire warning, not enough air, no low tire warning, good to go

TPMs were invented for scenes just like this.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:42 AM
Hummer Guru

Sewie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
ok SMARTGuY, what do you do with tires that you buy at walmart? Check the owners manual? Exactly.

i looked at my tires on my eclipse .....and it says min and max...good for you, now go look at a set of Toyo Open Country MT's and get back to me.

Whatsa matter, run out of ritalin or something? Your little fuckstick attitude won't go far here. I suggest you STFU or GTFO.

Old 05-10-2007, 07:51 AM
Hummer Authority

westhillsat is an unknown quantity at this point

Matt19

Level of your IQ 19?

Name:  Happy Bunny Die (WinCE).bmp
Views: 449
Size:  283.8 KB