H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 06-13-2005, 05:49 PM
Hummer Veteran

Xenowulf is off the scale

I bought the Fabtech Front End Kit last week. I haven’t received it yet, but I call a local 4 wheel shop for a installation and alignment prices and they said that I would not work on a non-lifted truck. Therefore I called Fabtech and they said that it has never been installed on a stock H2 so they can’t give me an answer.

Has anyone done this yet?

Dose it work?
Old 06-13-2005, 07:49 PM
Hummer Veteran

That was exactly my logic why it should work.

I called the 4 wheel shop back and told them it will work. The said they will install it, but Fabtech might not cover the warranty as it’s not used with their lift kit. I’m going to call Fabtech and see if that is really the case or not.
Old 06-13-2005, 07:59 PM
Hummer Veteran

I got hold of someone at Fabtech and they did say that the warranty would not be covered.
Old 06-13-2005, 08:22 PM
Hummer Professional

H2 Bill is an unknown quantity at this point

I had it installed on mine and it works fine. The only thing that changed was the turning radius is a bit larger, i.e. making a u-turn takes a little more room than stock. It is a beefy kit though and I think that it is well worth it.
1970 Trans Am balanced, blueprinted, ceramic headers, etc.
Old 06-13-2005, 08:38 PM
Hummer Professional

Phil is right. If you don't do a lot of offroading you don't need it. I hate to admit it but I defy one of the cardinal rules of offroading and go out a lot by myself, so I don't want to get stuck in the middle of "nowhere". On the other hand all of the parts are incredibly beefy and well worth the price.
Old 06-13-2005, 11:12 PM
Hummer Veteran

I don't do to much off roading but when I go camping which is about 3 to 4 times a year, I do go places that are hard to get to.
After seeing this video I do not want to be in that position.

Also I’m using this excuse to take my truck in and re-gear it from 4:11s to 4:56s. Those 37” tires are really robbing the power.
Old 06-14-2005, 04:05 AM
Hummer Veteran

I'm really leaning on getting the lift as well, but what's stopping me is not really knowing the pros and cons to the lift and drivability of the truck.
Old 08-19-2005, 08:46 PM

rodster is off the scale

Update to this thread. Sorry if it's been reported elsewhere. If it has been, I couldn't find it . . .

My truck is at 4WP today having the Fabtech HD steering kit installed. The guys at the shop were concerned about installing on a non-lifted vehicle so they called Fabtech. Fabtech confirmed the kit is good to go on the H2 and advised two hands on the wheel over 70.
Old 08-19-2005, 09:11 PM
Hummer Professional

Rodster, mines not lifted and it works great. It just increases the turning radius a bit.
Old 08-20-2005, 12:18 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

Like Phil had told Us and then We were telling Fabtech that the kit fits H2 just fine back in late June and early July. They kept claiming it would not work. Told them We could take pics if they wanted. Even though it is for off road I would recommend anyone that is running oversize tires and rims even just on pavement to take a look at adding the kit. I had 9,000 miles and My pitman and idler had to be replaced by dealar with original and My Mall Queen had barely seen the rain much less off road. The factory setup will not handle the extra wear and weigth caused by the larger tires and wheels. I'm pulling the new stuff off adding fabtech.

I received a magazine today which most would be familiar with and it showed the fabtech kit for sale for the H2 and 2500 HD truck listed by name. It does not say anything about warranty but, if the mag sells it they will have to stand behind it.
TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 08-20-2005, 01:26 AM

rodster is off the scale

Picked up the truck a few hours ago. Wow!

The steering is much, much more responsive but by no means too much. The street ride is still smooth as silk. Cornering feels a lot more controlled. What little high speed driving I did also felt controlled. Even the installer was impressed with how well it all went together, aligned and drove. I do not see a downside to the upgrade.

I never doubted you guys, Phil and Taz. Just wanted to share the good news of Fabtech's H2 endorsement.

New tires and wheels go on tomorrow!
Old 02-15-2006, 08:18 AM

H2GO is off the scale

Quote:
Originally posted by sfox:
YOU'RE FU(KING KIDDING!!! If you hadn't posted in THIS THREAD ALSO (which was not a thread being monitored by anyone since it hadn't had a post in 6 months) we might not have ever known....let it go newbie, you got the word out....now you're just being obnoxious...

S
Look I wasnt sure if the word gets out and I just indicated as I read a thread. THERE ARE SO MANY TALKING ABOUT THE SAME THING (OVER AND OVER). If a thread is older than six months as you say and no one is reading it then guess they should delete it? But then you will remove good information for new comers (WHO HAVNT READ THESE). I will read everything including old stuff. Guess it can be important?

dont see the need for all the editorial comments. Just posted updated information. Not everyone knows everything.