H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 11-23-2005, 03:19 AM
Hummer Veteran

hmer is off the scale

the ones that they sell for the H3 i asume ill be drilling on the plastic to get it on ?
Old 11-23-2005, 03:19 AM
Hummer Veteran

hmer is off the scale

the ones that they sell for the H3 i asume ill be drilling on the plastic to get it on ?
Old 11-23-2005, 03:37 AM
Hummer Professional

FLYINGBADGER2006 is off the scale

Thats correct. When you buy the item, a template will come with it and shows you where to drill the holes. The plastic grille is removed from the hood by way of the clips that hold it in. Its a real, real easy process. I'm a shmuck when it comes to projects involing power tools, but this was Teletubbie simple. You can't screw it up. Unless you forget to remove the plastic grille from the main hood and you use a HILTI hammer drill with a 14 inch long and 1/2 inch round drill bit and drill through the main hood and into the engine block to make your holes.
Doh!!
Attached Images

Victory Red, Auto,Lux, Cashm w/ eb interior, tow pkg, BFG all terr 285/75/16 incl. spare, black side step bars, SMA chrome hood handles, Kenwood DVD, K&N Air Intake, McCulloch 8000K H.I.D. headlights, Custom made 100% sheepskin seat covers, Dual DVD headrests,SMA dual exhaust,Roof marker lights.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:30 AM
Hummer Expert

DarthKarl is off the scale

I'm hoping that we'll see an aftermarket metal vent/grille replacement unit in black with integrated recessed hood handles soon. The H3 needs something that looks more like the H2's vent.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:27 AM
Hummer Veteran

hmer is off the scale

flying where u got those hummer letters from?
Old 11-23-2005, 11:38 AM
Hummer Professional

I got these on ebay. I just checked to see if there was a listing for them. I didn't see them. There was a thread on the Mod fourm awhile back. Check there because there was a link to the seller.
Victory Red, Auto,Lux, Cashm w/ eb interior, tow pkg, BFG all terr 285/75/16 incl. spare, black side step bars, SMA chrome hood handles, Kenwood DVD, K&N Air Intake, McCulloch 8000K H.I.D. headlights, Custom made 100% sheepskin seat covers, Dual DVD headrests,SMA dual exhaust,Roof marker lights.
Old 11-25-2005, 11:20 PM

Razor55 is off the scale

Hey Flying, what headlamps are you running? They look a little more white (blue).

Old 11-26-2005, 04:02 AM
Hummer Veteran

LAREDO TEXAS is off the scale

Flyingbadgers

I just order my Hummer letters, any special instructions on how to install them correctly?

Thanks

Angel
Old 11-26-2005, 11:15 AM
Hummer Professional

Webb70 is off the scale

I ran a piece of masking tape across the grill measuerd both ends and then butted the letters up against it so they would be strait.
If the letters you bought are not the self adheisive ones, use the 3M clear 2 sided tape it works well and is very thin(even holds up in car-washes).

Good luck.
Old 11-26-2005, 12:57 PM
Hummer Professional

Thats exactly what I did. I ran masking tape accross the grille and measured the placement of each letter from the bottom of the grille. I used a clear epoxy that comes in two stages. You have to mix the elements together, then let it cure for about 10 mins then I used a popcycle stick to apply the glue to the back of the letters. Careful not to over do it on the application of the epoxy. Once you apply the letters I used masking tape to hold the letters in place and to keep presure against the letters for 18-24 hours. The epoxy can be purchased at a hardware store. It looks like a double hyperdermic neddle and its some very strong stuff.
Old 11-26-2005, 01:01 PM
Hummer Professional

Hey Razor,
Those are McCulluch 8000K H.I.D. lights. I purchased on ebay for about $300.00. They look white in this pic due to the angle of the camera shot and they do give off a blueish tint which can be seen eaiser at night.
Old 11-26-2005, 01:14 PM
Hummer Professional

Just another tip about affixing the letters be sure to park on level ground. I'd even checked the tire presure to make sure the vehicle was not at a slight angle. Use a leveler. I didnt want the letters place at an angle becaused I park on a uneven surface. Be sure to mask off top and bottom of were the letters will go. Remember the grille has a slight roundness to it so you will have compensate for that. Be sure the spacing of the letters are exact on both sides of the single bar(see yellow arrows)And most of all take you time!!! This glue is some strong S**t you dont want to screw up your grille by missplacing the letter. Long and short of it, Your gunna have to really eyeball it. Get you wife or friend input on the letter placement before you affix the letters just as a verification. You can get transfixed on the placement and be off a lil bit, so an extra pair of eyes can help.
Attached Images