H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 07-30-2008, 08:34 PM
Hummer Authority

TXSUT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PROBLEM WITH COGNITO PITMAN/IDLER KIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummitUp
TX, what are you planning to do to fix this?

Seems like Cognito should be picking up the tab for these repairs!

Not sure at this point, but I agree that Cognito should stand behind their products. I'm still under extended warranty, so drilling those holes to fit steering stops makes me a bit nervous.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:56 PM
Hummer Veteran

Rhyno is off the scale

Here is a pic
Attached Images

-20" Rockstar wheels
-MagnaCharger S/C
Old 11-03-2009, 04:39 PM
Hummer Veteran

agood1 is on a distinguished road

Did this ever get resolved?...I am thinking of putting this on my H2, but only if Cognito has decided to address this issue.
Old 11-03-2009, 05:14 PM
Hummer Veteran

HUMMERICH23 is on a distinguished road

What do you guys then suggest for steering up grade if cognito is poorly designed? So if you are going to keep stock tire size, should you only upgrade tie-rods to hd tie-rods? If you go to 37" can you list what is the most important upgrades to front steering (ex, pitman, idler arm, tie-rods, shocks, control arm, etc?) or do you even need to upgrade anything if you go to 37's

Rich
Old 11-04-2009, 05:08 PM
Hummer Veteran

SummitUp is on a distinguished road

Wow, I havn't re-visited this topic in a while. I have to say I'm really disappointed to see that Elcova won't even allow the posting of a link to another hummer forum. What small minded BS! Come on mods, isn't the point of this forum to help fellow Hummer owners with problems they experience with their vehicles? This is just one more reason I (and many others) don't bother to visit the Elcova forums any longer!

At any rate, as far as I know Cognito denied there was any problem with their product, and they still sell it today.

Try this work around to bypass Elcova's stupid blocked link policy. Click on the link below, and when you get to the page that wont load correctly, replace the asterisks in the address bar of your browser with "h-u-m-m-e-r-x" (without the quotes and the dashes) and reload the page. Hopefully you'll load the topic in question on that "other forum" complete with photos and a better discussion of the problem.

*******club.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7865
'05 H2 Lux, 37" KM2's on 17" Hutchinson Double Beadlocks, Cognito UCA's, Cognito Sway Bar Links, Custom Hydro-Assist Steering Upgrade, Eaton Front Differential Locker, 1" Rear Coil Spacers, Chevy Green Key Torsion Bar "Lift," Bilstein Shocks, Warn 9.5ti Multimount Winch, Dual Optima Yellow Top Battery's, Piaa & Hella Off-road lights, Gobi Rack, Tru-cool External Transmission Oil Cooler, Diablo Predator Hi-Octane Tune.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:47 PM
Hummer Veteran

HummerRidin26"kmc's is on a distinguished road

I searched my cognito kit over an its with in 1/8 inch from hitting the center link aswell. what is this problem causing? Shaking? ive noticed a slight shake in my front end recently wasnt sure if it may be from this an ive also noticed liderarm an pitman arm bolts from the cognito kit have been working thereselves loose even with locktight. i also have had a aftermarket pivot box installed i wonder if that is whats keeping them from hitting being in a diffrent mounting position. gah an to be a hummer aka OFFroad Warrior i sure have had my time with suspension problems hopefully this one isnt a biggie an for those thinking of using this kit iam not real sure how bad of a situation this problem is. i cant tell you with out upgrading the strenght of the pitmanarm an idlerarm you will have front end problems sooner than later. my sugestions would be before you begin 2 have problems upgrade tierods(fabtech),pivot box,idler&pitman,edelbrock panhard rod, edelbrock trailing arms. this will make for a much much more enjoyable truck. or you can do as i did an just let it go until its all FD up an have 2 spend around 3-4 grand 2 get it all fixed it caused my hubs 2 go out even.To bad Gm couldnt have built these trucks with 2500 or 3500 series steering?suspension parts because it sure would have made hummer owners much much happier and much more money in there pocket instead of having to upgrade a 60,000 doller trucks suspension parts. these trucks weight what 1.5 tons heavier than a 1500 series truck. your steering will give you problems eventually. that much weight on those quality of parts you would be doing good 2 get 50k miles before you have problems iv heard reports of people having issues within 8000k miles

Last edited by HummerRidin26"kmc's : 11-08-2009 at 11:05 PM.