H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 09-26-2008, 02:33 PM
Hummer Authority

HummerJim is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Escalade Hybrid

I saw the report on the new 2009 Cadillac Escalade Hybrid that gets 20 mpg city and I said to myself, why didn't they do that to the H2?? Obviously it's not that big of an engineering step. It's been on the Tahoe for a while. This would make the H2 sell to more people, but I think GM has closed the book on Hummer, in spite of "rumors" of the HX still going forward.
Old 09-26-2008, 02:48 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Escalade Hybrid

Hybrid system not compatible with the H2's engine & tranny. Not sure why they don't make it compatible.
Old 09-26-2008, 02:55 PM
Hummer Expert

HummerMann is on a distinguished road

I read on the GM insider blog that they didn't think the hybrid system if put on a Hummer could handle deep water exercusions as most of us H2 owners have been know to do. Water and mud up the door panels - WHAT FUN!!

Hummer, like nothing else
Old 09-26-2008, 03:43 PM
Hummer Veteran

8500lbs is on a distinguished road

LoL, people complain about our vehicle killing soldiers and destroying USA, by drinking gas. What does our car company do in response. Puts a bigger engine in them. 6.2 liter. LOL, now that is my kind of car company!

thanks
B
Old 09-26-2008, 07:38 PM
Hummer Expert

RazM is an unknown quantity at this point

There's a lot more to making a Hybrid than the drivetrain. It would require lighter weight materials, different tires (ie. NOT offroad tires), aerodynamics, etc... simply all things that the H2 simply cannot have done to. That's without even considering the fulltime 4wd, which would likely have to go.

Diesel should have been on the list for the second year on the H2 and the H3 should have come with a diesel option, too bad North America is so ignorant about diesel.
Old 09-26-2008, 08:58 PM
Hummer Veteran

CLAYDOG is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazM
There's a lot more to making a Hybrid than the drivetrain. It would require lighter weight materials, different tires (ie. NOT offroad tires), aerodynamics, etc... simply all things that the H2 simply cannot have done to. That's without even considering the fulltime 4wd, which would likely have to go.

Diesel should have been on the list for the second year on the H2 and the H3 should have come with a diesel option, too bad North America is so ignorant about diesel.

Right on all points.
Old 09-29-2008, 07:07 AM
Hummer Professional

johndjmix1 is off the scale

Finally found the forum again after trying to go to elcova.com for months! Gosh, why dont the admins put up a msg there????

Anyways, a week ago on a business trip I rented an escalade (non-hybrid). I was very impressed. I was avg 15mpg city/hwy driving it pretty hard. I slowed down to normal driving and was getting 15 city/ 18 hwy!

I did try to take the thing up storm mountain (up near estas park, CO). Anyone thats gone on that trail knows how the hudge rocks and climbs are. I got about 1/3 way up.....then the girl i was with was freaking out and it was 2AM, and we were by ourselves, so i didnt want to risk getting hung up and spending the night there.

The ground clearance sucks (espically the aproach angle!), and the lack of low range isnt cool. But I have to say the traction control system/4wd system was impressive. I use to prefer the navagator over the escalade, but now that I have driven one I would definatly buy one if i didnt need the off-road ability of the H2.

--John

1/4 Mile 15.29@91.34mph

Mods:
Magnusun Radix Supercharger!!!
Switch to allow full Nav Controls while moving
Warn 9.5 Winch
Old 10-17-2008, 02:42 AM
Hummer Veteran

TGCOFTN is an unknown quantity at this point

There are sooooo many ways to making ALL vehicles more fuel efficient. I kinda think maybe the oil companies pay off these auto companies to not make the vehicles get better fuel economy. I have 2 Hummer H2's now, but my previous vehicles were Ford Excursions with the powerstroke turbo diesel.
Those things as big as they were would easily get 23 miles per gallon.
If GM would get smart and put a small diesel in the Hummer and in there pick ups and SUV's they would be amazed at how much more they could sell.
Change the ratio on the rear ends, instead of having 4:10's change them to 3:73 or 3:52 (like on Escalade) and vehicles will get more miles per gallon. I dont claim to know a lot about vehicles, but I know with a few tweaks here and there, any vehicle can be more fuel efficient. I cant figure out why GM dropped the new Diesel that was going to go in the Hummer. You can do some research on the internet and find some H2's with Duramax Diesels that are getting 25mpg..........hello GM.....can anyone hear this? Putting all these engines on the market that will run off Ethanol dont help, while its true you get it cheaper.........but your not getting as many miles per gallon.......so what are you saving? nothing at all.
Old 10-17-2008, 03:23 AM
Hummer Expert

Tex_h2 is on a distinguished road

its a ...H U M M E R.... please stop trying to make it something that is not meant to be.
Old 10-17-2008, 04:09 AM
Hummer Professional

hummeraddict is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazM

I would be ok with some lighter materials and some better aerodynamics, but i love the tires.
Old 10-18-2008, 12:43 AM
Hummer Veteran

TGCOFTN is an unknown quantity at this point

Tex_H2 I am curious, So by putting a Duramax Diesel in a Hummer does that make it NOT a Hummer? I myself would def. choose the diesel over a gas engine. Not only are they better on fuel, but are better for pulling heavy loads. Not bashing a hummer in anyway cause I love them, I own 2 of them, but a diesel would be the way to go.
Old 10-18-2008, 01:46 AM
Hummer Expert

Tex_h2 is on a distinguished road

yes, i could see a diesel

just ,not ever a hybird