H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 08-06-2003, 12:34 PM
Hummer Professional

TBarrow is off the scale

Hooks, with a Tan wheel center, Under hood light. First in Houston with Delivery in July of 02. Also on the first units the trim rings around the speedometer and tach match the Grey accents on the center console and door handles. The newer ones match the silver on the shifter..

Black H2 Adventure Series + Luxury, AirForce One intake, Throttle Body Bypass, Gobi Rack w/2" Brackets & 4 PIAA 580 Lights, Alcoa Wheels, Warn 9.5Ti Thermometric Winch, DiabloSport programmer,160 Degree T-Stat, 2-7" screens in headrests with DVD player and TV Tuner.
Black H2 Adventure Series + Luxury, AirForce One intake, Throttle Body Bypass, Gobi Rack w/2\" Brackets & 4 PIAA 580 Lights, Xenarc HID, Alcoa Wheels, Goodyear 37x12.50x17 MT/R, Warn 9.5Ti Thermometric Winch, DiabloSport programmer,160 Degree T-Stat, B&B Headers and full dual exhaust by B&B as well, ARB fridge/freezer, Full Audio upgrade.
Old 08-06-2003, 01:15 PM
Hummer Guru

BKLYNH2 is an unknown quantity at this point

december 2002- no hooks and it really bothered me - now it bothers me more
Old 08-06-2003, 01:19 PM
Hummer Expert

Hum2 is off the scale

No Hooks, Tan Steering, Late Oct. build, early Nov. delivery, no under-hood light...I'll use my left-over DRL's for that, no coin holder, do have the tissue holder, no hood prop, No loss!, just typical GM cost saving features...saving themselves cost!

Ric

OMAHOG/IHOG
Hum2@cox.net
Old 08-06-2003, 01:22 PM

JCJ is off the scale

Where are the under hood lights located? (Pic?).
Old 08-06-2003, 06:31 PM

TJ is off the scale

Adventure Series, mid September 2002: My H2 DOES have two clothes hooks, the two-tone tan/black steering wheel, and the tissue holder. It does NOT have a hood prop, under hood lights, coin holder or rubber console insert. Trim rings around the speedometer and tachometer appear to match the gray/silver door handle frame trim rather than the shifter.
Old 08-06-2003, 08:17 PM
H2 Club DFW Chapter Founder

HummerTeam is off the scale

Have hooks...

Last 5 of VIN - 00050

Travis

HummerTeam.com
Old 08-07-2003, 12:46 PM
Hummer Veteran

prplprowlr is off the scale

Would you be willing to take some photo's for me? I would like to see the rubber insert and also would like to see the lights or prop rod under the hood. Thanks<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NCHummerman:
Two tone wheel, clothes hooks, prop rod for hood, two under hood lights, black rubber insert on top of center console .... number "000146" ordered March, 2002 ...

Michael
---
Pewter Hummer H2
Northern California

http://www.zootsuitstore.com
------------------------------------<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 08-07-2003, 12:49 PM
Hummer Veteran

JSA_3 is off the scale

Me too
Old 08-07-2003, 08:23 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

What's the deal with the hooks????

Are they just .50cent hooks? Can't the dealer give them to you?

He ain't heavy.....
He's ma HUMMER baby!
03 NUDE Pewter Lux H2
03 Dressed Range Rover

My Video Collectionez

Old 08-08-2003, 12:50 AM
Hummer Authority

Big Z has a little shameless behaviour in the past

08-02
Hooks integrated into hand holds.
Pewter two tone wheel.
Old 08-08-2003, 03:50 AM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh, thanks BigZ

No...no hooks for me. Now it's starting to bug me. March03

He ain't heavy.....
He's ma HUMMER baby!
03 NUDE Pewter Lux H2
03 Dressed Range Rover

My Video Collectionez

Old 08-08-2003, 08:46 AM

TJ is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DennisAJC:
What's the deal with the hooks????

Are they just .50cent hooks? Can't the dealer give them to you?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hey Dennis: I think what it all really boils down to is what this thread started out with: "I'm wondering if some genius at GM discovered that by shaving off a half cent from each H2, he could pay for his/her $20,000 raise, or something..."

I don't think that it's really so much a matter of what the hooks cost, but I think it's actually more about the things that seem to be disappearing off our rigs as time goes on...some of them are just "creature comfort" items (clothes hooks, tissue holder, coin holder, console insert), a couple of them are "cosmetic differences" (solid color steering wheel, trim rings on dash gauges), and at least a couple of them would have been truly useful items to have and I think are standard on most other vehicles (under hood light, hood prop). And actually, since I travel a lot, I would personally have to put those clothes hooks under the "really useful items to have" category too...I am really going to miss having them if and when I ever end up getting my new H2
Old 08-08-2003, 02:49 PM
Hummer Expert

Hummer Man is off the scale

Let's not forget about the change holder they took out of the center console along with the tissue holder. And of course the center console top black mat! All cost cutting measures!
Old 08-08-2003, 03:08 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

I use the ashtray as coin holder. The other details are not important to me, hood prop or light, tissue holder, etc. I agree with cost cutting and we have been forced to do it every single day in every business. Every dollar saved equals to $20 in sales. If GM deleted them for cost reason, I think that is an excellent valid business reason. EXCEPT the cloth hooks, that is basic requirement in every car. I do not understand it and it doesn't look like a cost cutting issue. I deal with OEM plastic parts all the time, those hooks would not have made any difference in cost.
Old 08-08-2003, 04:03 PM

Gary C is off the scale

Well, I just ordered THEM, get this there are three, ......... That's what the parts guy told me, so we ordered three. Part number is #15191516 The price is $23.76 each.

Wonder where the third one goes if there is really a third hook, will find out next week. It is the complete handle assembly. This is what I have been told. Will report back with photos and info.

Have a safe weekend.

Gary

<font color=Gray>Pewter</font>, Lux, Ventvisors, Foose Wheels, Corsa Touring Exhaust, HID's
Old 08-08-2003, 06:37 PM
Hummer Professional

HUMMERDOGG is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, let's just say that each of the items in question: (3 hangars, change in steering wheel cap color, change in the color of the bezels around the gauges, coin holder, center console rubber mat, 2 underhood lights, hood prop) were each $3.00 in cost savings. That's a total of 10 items with production of H2's around 50,000 to date.

That would be 10x3x50,000=total cost savings of $1.5MM. Thats not a substantial savings for someone like GM but is enough money to pay 75 executives an extra $20,000 each this year.

This kind of reminds me of the Microsoft Windows commercial where a nickel saved is like a savings to the company of $20MM or something like that.

*member of the "No Hummer Krew"*
Old 08-08-2003, 07:04 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Let’s pretend we work for AMG, Hummer or GM.
1- None of these are deal breakers. You’d or will buy a Hummer with or without these misc. items. Anyone on the fence is not going to fuss over these trivia items.
2- $30 saved a car (I was thinking $20), 50K cars is $1.5M, a lot of money, 5 year is $7.5 million. How many Hummers do you have to sell to make $1.5M or $7.5M? How many UAW jobs is that?
3- $30 a car, do it system-wide on a million car, that is $30 million saved a year. $150M in 5 years.
4- Not counting cost saving in managing 10 less parts, administration, cash flow, production, assembly, purchasing, storage, transportation cost, multiple that by 1 million cars or 2,3,4,5 millions cars.
5- 10 less items to install, cut 30 minutes off the production line, fewer workers, save millions of $ and increase competitiveness and efficiency.
6- US investors lost trillions of dollars in the last 3 years on tech firms, millions of people lost their jobs, you can pretty much trace most failures to runaway expenses, from designer chairs to fancy X’mas parties. Every businessman know the devil is always in the details, those $30 added up $30 million. Many of them jumped to hundreds of millions in sales in 1-2 years, yet expenses jumped even faster.
7- The best job security is a profitable company.
8- Profitable companies come up with new and better products at cheaper prices than competitors, the consumers benefit, the employees benefit, our nation become more competitive and the economy is strong.
9- If you are the one who came up with this Hummer saving idea, you should be the employee of the year, you will be promoted and get a big bonus. That way other Hummer employees will try to come up with even better ideas to save the company more money.

$30 is a lot of money, it is a BIG deal. The bigger the company, the bigger a deal it is.
Old 08-08-2003, 07:10 PM
Hummer Professional

HUMMERDOGG is an unknown quantity at this point

Leave it to MAC to determine the "TOTAL BOTTOM LINE IMPACT" of removing these ten little items from each unit produced.

MAC-

You forgot to incorporate the monies garnered as a result of owners going to the parts department to purchase these items which were not included. $24 per clothes hanger (is profits of $22) or one of the other 10 items *1 MILLION UNITS A YEAR is another $220MM/yr or $1.1B over 5 years which "IS A LOT OF MONEY"...
Old 08-08-2003, 07:25 PM

NCHummerman is off the scale

Autoweek states that approx. 38,000 2003 H2's have been manufactured ....

Michael
---
Pewter Hummer H2
Northern California

www.zootsuitstore.com
------------------------------------
Northern California

www.zootsuitstore.com
------------------------------------
Old 08-08-2003, 08:05 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

There is ONLY ONE PURPOSE for any for-profit business, only one goal and the only reason why any business exist at all: PROFIT, to put it even more simply: to make money. Things get complicated, there are ethic, moral and legal issues, to take care customers and employees, etc… But the goal is one and only: make money.

I am but a small businessman but the principle is the same. I look at pennies. Among over 1,500 products we have or make, many sell 1-10 million pieces a year. Take a pen which we sell 6 million pieces a year, if I can cut one penny off the cost in material, production, financing, marketing, storage or transportation, (believe it you me, I tried and tried and still trying), I save $60,000, that is a Hummer right there, or a man/woman I don‘t have to layoff, a family I don‘t have to hurt. I have to sell $600,000 more of this pen to make that extra $60K, or $1.2M more to make $60K after tax, and my old friends, it is not easy. If only I can cut 10 cents off each pen, that is $600,000 extra in my pocket a year. I can buy Hummerdogg a brand new Hummer, I still have $540,000 in my pocket.

It would be a great deal to me to pay any employee $10,000 who can come up with an idea to cut a penny.

I thought about aftermarket Hummer parts sale, but I don’t think there is any effort to sell these parts or if they are actually available, and doubtful many will bother to buy them, I wouldn’t.