H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 12-01-2005, 06:40 PM
Hummer Veteran

psywzrd is off the scale

Can anyone tell me if the passenger's seat heater button has a light on it? I know the driver's side does but I don't see one on the passenger's side and I'm thinking mine isn't working properly. And don't even get me started on the location of these things - idiotic is an understatement!
Old 12-01-2005, 06:40 PM
Hummer Veteran

psywzrd is off the scale

Can anyone tell me if the passenger's seat heater button has a light on it? I know the driver's side does but I don't see one on the passenger's side and I'm thinking mine isn't working properly. And don't even get me started on the location of these things - idiotic is an understatement!
Old 12-01-2005, 06:59 PM

boulderhummer is off the scale

my passenger seat light doesn't light up either..i don't think the heater is functional, taken it back to dealer when i get around to it.
i would like to know if the light is supposed to light up as well..

boulder, lux. chrome pack/wheels, 33 nitto grapplers
Old 12-01-2005, 07:01 PM
Hummer Veteran

psywzrd is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by boulderhummer:
my passenger seat light doesn't light up either..i don't think the heater is functional, taken it back to dealer when i get around to it.
i would like to know if the light is supposed to light up as well..

boulder, lux. chrome pack/wheels, 33 nitto grapplers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've heard that it doesn't work unless someone is actually sitting in the seat but I've tried that too and it still doesn't work. Hopefully somebody will chime in with a definitive answer for us. I won't take it in for this problem but I'll definitely have them look at it when I bring it in for the first oil change.
Old 12-01-2005, 07:05 PM

h3\'er is off the scale

you mean the light in the switch itself? you cant eve see the switch with the door closed. does it matter?
Old 12-01-2005, 07:06 PM
Hummer Veteran

psywzrd is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by h3'er:
you mean the light in the switch itself? you cant eve see the switch with the door closed. does it matter? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes - the light on the switch itself.
Old 12-01-2005, 07:17 PM
Hummer Veteran

xburbman is off the scale

I didn't know it had lights for the heater buttons...I just felt around while on a trip and realized that it had to be the vertical button in the front. Push the top to heat HI and push the bottom of the button to heat LOW. Mine works great! My buns are nice and toasty within 3-4 minutes HI gets really hot after about 10-15 minutes! MMMmmmm..heated seats on a brisk morning, Columbian Roast Java and REO at 8 decibels...it makes the drive to work much more tolerable..<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by psywzrd:
Can anyone tell me if the passenger's seat heater button has a light on it? I know the driver's side does but I don't see one on the passenger's side and I'm thinking mine isn't working properly. And don't even get me started on the location of these things - idiotic is an understatement! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 12-01-2005, 07:23 PM
Hummer Veteran

psywzrd is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xburbman:
I didn't know it had lights for the heater buttons...I just felt around while on a trip and realized that it had to be the vertical button in the front. Push the top to heat HI and push the bottom of the button to heat LOW. Mine works great! My buns are nice and toasty within 3-4 minutes HI gets really hot after about 10-15 minutes! MMMmmmm..heated seats on a brisk morning, Columbian Roast Java and REO at 8 decibels...it makes the drive to work much more tolerable..<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by psywzrd:
Can anyone tell me if the passenger's seat heater button has a light on it? I know the driver's side does but I don't see one on the passenger's side and I'm thinking mine isn't working properly. And don't even get me started on the location of these things - idiotic is an understatement! </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup - there are lights on the buttons (at least on the driver's side ). There should really be some kind of confirmation on the dash that they're on but I guess that will come in a future model .
Old 12-01-2005, 07:24 PM
Hummer Veteran

FJD is an unknown quantity at this point

If I remember right (I don't have the owner's manual here to confirm) you also have to have the seatbelt buckled in the passenger seat to get the heater to work.
Old 12-01-2005, 07:29 PM
Hummer Veteran

psywzrd is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FJD:
If I remember right (I don't have the owner's manual here to confirm) you also have to have the seatbelt buckled in the passenger seat to get the heater to work. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm - can't remember if the seatbelt was buckled. I'll have to check that. If anybody can confirm that there is a light, it would be helpful though.
Old 12-01-2005, 08:16 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

Wiring schematics show it has a small LED. psywzrd is correct, the passenger heated seat switch must be enabled through the seat belt switch in order for heated seat operation to occur.
Due to this feature of the heater not working when no one is sitting in the seat, no light on the dash would be required. Most drivers know the heater is on the driver's seat, due to the sweat running down their crack.
Old 12-01-2005, 09:37 PM
Hummer Authority

wannabeH3 is an unknown quantity at this point

sit on the seat then look at the light
Old 12-02-2005, 01:23 AM
Hummer Veteran

psywzrd is off the scale

Good call on having to have the seatbelt buckled in order for the passenger's heated seat to work (don't know if the driver's side works the same way though). I hope not because it kind of defeats the purpose of my remote starter if the leather seats are going to be cold as ball$ when I get in my car this winter.
Old 12-02-2005, 08:53 AM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by psywzrd:
Good call on having to have the seatbelt buckled in order for the passenger's heated seat to work (don't know if the driver's side works the same way though). I hope not because it kind of defeats the purpose of my remote starter if the leather seats are going to be cold as ball$ when I get in my car this winter. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The circuit for the driver's seat does not appear to go through the seat belt buckle, as it does on the passenger's seat. I might just try it this morning since it is as cold as...
Old 12-02-2005, 12:11 PM
Hummer Veteran

psywzrd is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by f5fstop:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by psywzrd:
Good call on having to have the seatbelt buckled in order for the passenger's heated seat to work (don't know if the driver's side works the same way though). I hope not because it kind of defeats the purpose of my remote starter if the leather seats are going to be cold as ball$ when I get in my car this winter. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The circuit for the driver's seat does not appear to go through the seat belt buckle, as it does on the passenger's seat. I might just try it this morning since it is as cold as... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I checked it this morning - the seatbelt does not need to buckled on the driver's side in order for the seat heater to work. That makes me and my a$$ very happy on these cold mornings - remote start is a beautiful thing!
Old 12-02-2005, 11:32 PM

WPBGUY is off the scale

Is that what that button does??!!!
I live in south FL.
There is no need for that.
I hit that switch by accident while driving, no ligt, but DAMN!!! my a... was HOT!
It took me a while to figure out which position was "off" I wish there was a light in the cluster!