H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 08-28-2006, 05:02 PM
Hummer Veteran

yzergod is on a distinguished road
Default Hummer hate in local paper...

This ought to piss you off and know what I'm up against here in granolaville...

newspaper article...

From the article:

Quote:
On July 28, Lawrence Goudy, visiting from Texas, rented a Hummer in Albuquerque and drove it to Durango. He discovered it "keyed," with a message on the windshield.

"You are un-American," read the message. "Why do you feel like you have to drive a car with such bad mileage? Are you going to war? (Expletive) you. Global warming is a problem."
"Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is."
Old 08-28-2006, 05:30 PM
Hummer Guru

Agriv8r is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Hummer hate in local paper...

I DONT GET IT!! there a quite a few more vehicles that have a more damaging effect on th enviroment and have worse mpg. it has to be jealousy!!
Old 08-28-2006, 08:28 PM
Hummer Professional

Boar-Ral is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agriv8r
I DONT GET IT!! there a quite a few more vehicles that have a more damaging effect on th enviroment and have worse mpg. it has to be jealousy!!
I think it has a lot to do with how much the vehicle stands out, too.* For poor fuel economy, take most of the Dodge Rams with a Hemi.* It makes the Hummer look fuel efficient by comparison.* But look at a parking lot with a few pickups scattered about and it is no big deal.* Find a Hummer, though, and bingo.* Add some keys, some expletatives, and viola.* And if the person was really anal, and did realize that the pickups are that bad, their option is to either key them all, or just pick out the most obvious, like the Hummer.* (Because really, I do not know many stories that involved environmentalists in what I would describe as an "ambitious" manner.* Most of them are students sitting on a government loan, or with mommy and daddy paying the way, so this is what they do in their spare time.* Key 50 trucks?* Too much effort!* Key 5 Hummers?* Yeah, I can do that and still have time to watch my soaps!)* ****heads.* I hope they all die in a fire.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:58 PM
Banned

Nav4-NEOCON1 is off the scale

I'm hoping for a runaway H1 to run them over. How stupid. Wish I could catch the people red handed while they're doing it. Now that would be interesting. Out here they burn them. Not lately though, but they have in the past, I'm sure you all heard about it. Yep, tons of huge suv's out here in Ventura County. Alot more than Hummers. What about the H3... 20 mpg stock. Not bad for a truck you can wheel right from the factory. You're right, they have too much time on their hands with no parental supervision. Check this out: Neo and I have gotten dirty looks driving both Corvettes, mine is 22 years old for goodness sake, it's not a C6 and I didn't pay C6 price for it either. They think we're wealthy and that's not the case. I think they are just jealous.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:27 PM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav4-NEOCON1
I'm hoping for a runaway H1 to run them over. How stupid. Wish I could catch the people red handed while they're doing it. Now that would be interesting. Out here they burn them. Not lately though, but they have in the past, I'm sure you all heard about it. Yep, tons of huge suv's out here in Ventura County. Alot more than Hummers. What about the H3... 20 mpg stock. Not bad for a truck you can wheel right from the factory. You're right, they have too much time on their hands with no parental supervision. Check this out: Neo and I have gotten dirty looks driving both Corvettes, mine is 22 years old for goodness sake, it's not a C6 and I didn't pay C6 price for it either. They think we're wealthy and that's not the case. I think they are just jealous.
But that is where it gets even more ridiculous!* In Alberta, if I used violence to stop someone from vandalizing my H2, I would be the one thrown in jail!* Even when it is adults doing the vandalizing, they still get a slap on their wrist, and teenagers get an even more lenient sentence!* Even if they are made to repay the damages, I doubt most would be able to afford it.* (Maybe one or two vehicles, but I doubt most of these nutjobs pick one or two and are done with it.)* A lot of this stems from poor parenting and no real exposure to the real world.* Let's face it, I haven't read many stories of 40, 50, 60-somethings doing this, it is usually someone fresh out of university that thinks they know what the world needs and are here to show us.* Don't get me wrong, I know there are older activists out there, but most of what you see is these punks still wet behind the ears.* Like I said, a lot of it goes back to parenting.* If I even suspected one of my children was considering this, there would be a lecture coming that would make the Messiah himself jealous.* I'm so tired of reading these stories where someone torches a few vehicles and the parents always go, "But he was always such a nice boy."* Bull****.* You don't just go from sweaters and corderois by day to torching cars at night and your parents don't suspect a thing.* Ugh.* So angry.* Yeah, wait until I'm 80.* I'll do too ornery for death to even deal with.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:29 PM
Hummer Professional

I'm not sure what is up with my posts getting an asterisk after every sentence, either.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:31 PM
Hummer Professional

And if anyone is wondering why I sound so upset, it is because just last month I had my H2 keyed to the tune of $4,500.* They drove the keys in so deep that the side panels are dented and gouged.* Jail or not, if I found someone doing that, I think I would react instinctively before anything else kicked in, and they'd be having to unwrap him from my axles and driveshaft.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:33 PM
Hummer Authority

wannabeH3 is an unknown quantity at this point

i think it has to do a lot with jealousy
Old 08-28-2006, 10:28 PM
Banned

Nav4-NEOCON1 is off the scale

And one more thing Boar, instead of "community service", how about letting them work at the place that's fixing them? Like yours got hit, and if you caught the guy and didn't like totally mutilate him, make him work at the shop for free to put your ride back right, and make him detail it from the top of the top to the freakin wheel weights. I'd babysit with a baseball bat and make sure they do it right. Make them work it off. I'm tired of this crap of criminals just sitting around (need a new thread about this one) doing nothing or the dang parents pay up. Yes, it does come down to parenting, I agree. If I even had a thought, or got messed up with "those kind of people", my Dad would have kicked my butt, with a lecture too. When Daddy said no, you just didn't do it.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:53 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

Want to hear something really ridiculous from this Liberal Arse state I live in. If it is a kid, the court will seal the record, after they slap their little paws, and then you cannot obtain the parents name and address to sue them for deductibles or actual damages. Talk about a crock of Sh*t. I just heard this last week on the local news.
So, the kids get off with hardly any punishment, and mom and dad don't have to pay the bill.
I tell you what, I had my tires slashed (wasn't a Hummer hate, they were equal opportunity slashers), but if I confronted someone at 4:33 in the AM, and they had a knife and walked toward me, well....it was self-defense officer. (And yes, any alarms go off this guy is going outside with the SIG in hand.)
I'll be able to get their address from the obituaries, in two days.
Old 08-28-2006, 11:13 PM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav4-NEOCON1
And one more thing Boar, instead of "community service", how about letting them work at the place that's fixing them? Like yours got hit, and if you caught the guy and didn't like totally mutilate him, make him work at the shop for free to put your ride back right, and make him detail it from the top of the top to the freakin wheel weights. I'd babysit with a baseball bat and make sure they do it right. Make them work it off. I'm tired of this crap of criminals just sitting around (need a new thread about this one) doing nothing or the dang parents pay up. Yes, it does come down to parenting, I agree. If I even had a thought, or got messed up with "those kind of people", my Dad would have kicked my butt, with a lecture too. When Daddy said no, you just didn't do it.
That would be great, except I do not know if some of these people could handle doing bodywork.* It might require too much skill.* Even with a baseball bat in hand, I'm not sure if I would trust them to do a decent job.* It is a good idea, though!
Old 08-28-2006, 11:17 PM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by f5fstop
Want to hear something really ridiculous from this Liberal Arse state I live in. If it is a kid, the court will seal the record, after they slap their little paws, and then you cannot obtain the parents name and address to sue them for deductibles or actual damages. Talk about a crock of Sh*t. I just heard this last week on the local news.
So, the kids get off with hardly any punishment, and mom and dad don't have to pay the bill.
I tell you what, I had my tires slashed (wasn't a Hummer hate, they were equal opportunity slashers), but if I confronted someone at 4:33 in the AM, and they had a knife and walked toward me, well....it was self-defense officer. (And yes, any alarms go off this guy is going outside with the SIG in hand.)
I'll be able to get their address from the obituaries, in two days.
That sounds about right.* No one wants anyone to be responsible anymore.* At least not for something where responsibility is sorely lacking.* Yet if you or I commit a traffic violation or something else by accident, you know that they'll be all over us.* But if someone knowlingly goes out to destroy others' property, suddenly the people doing the vandalism are the victim, and their rights need to be respected.* What a load.
Old 08-28-2006, 11:19 PM
Hummer Guru

dеiтайожни is on a distinguished road

They don't want parents to be responsible for their children, that's bull****.
Old 08-29-2006, 12:10 AM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by dеiтайожни
They don't want parents to be responsible for their children, that's bull****.

As I said earlier, if they come at me, or even appear to come at me (less than 21 feet) with a knife, I wlll plant two in the chest, and one in the head, in complete self-defense. If the parents don't want to be responsible, then let them pay for the funeral.
My kids were raised with the thought you do something wrong, and Dad will be furious. You will pay for your actions, if that meant jail, then so be it. I was lucky, all grew up to be great adults.
Old 08-29-2006, 12:37 AM
Hummer Guru

dеiтайожни is on a distinguished road

Agreed, I think that is what it's going to take for some parents to learn to be responsible.
Old 08-29-2006, 01:26 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

fckers!!

Old 08-29-2006, 05:02 AM
Hummer Expert

Aubs is off the scale

There are some worthless individuals out there with no respect for anything. I personally cannot understand where it comes from. I feel very bad for anyone who has encounter vandalism with their Hummer. My experience was a big dent in my door panel, which is still there, but thankfully it has never gone beyond that.

It's cool they interviewed Dave for this article. He's a really cool guy, and quite well spoken. I think his points are valid too, about the other things he does for the environment, and how he doesn't get credit for them. I use fluorescent blubs, buy organic foods, and try to do what I can for the environment. It's amazing how many "tree-huggers" don't do anything for the environment other than bitch and destroy things, yet we are instantly discredited.
Old 08-29-2006, 01:33 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

My old business partner had his car broken into one night and they caught the neighborhood kid a couple of weeks later. Part of the punishment was that he had to pay for the damage and stolen items that were not recovered. This was court ordered yet he never paid up and the court wouldn't do anything about it

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 08-29-2006, 01:46 PM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

Did he try to take him back to court? Even if he did he would have to use his own money to enforce what should have been enforced in the first place.

I used to steal lawn gnomes as a kid. It was pretty darn fun. I feel bad for it now- kinda.

But whatever happened to TP and gnome stealing. And the fact that there are adults doing this stuff as well? It just floors me.

Liberals and envirothumpers plead for non-violence but yet they are among the most violent groups in our borders. Very weird and we will never understand.
Old 08-29-2006, 01:58 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2co-pilot
Did he try to take him back to court? Even if he did he would have to use his own money to enforce what should have been enforced in the first place.

He tried to go after the parents but basically got nowhere and got tired of dealing with the courts on it

Quote:
I used to steal lawn gnomes as a kid. It was pretty darn fun. I feel bad for it now- kinda.

Do you still have them? You could randomly leave them on the side of trails

Quote:
Liberals and envirothumpers plead for non-violence but yet they are among the most violent groups in our borders. Very weird and we will never understand.

Just like the groups that complain about racism are usually the most racist

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights