H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 06-15-2009, 11:42 PM
Hummer Veteran

TGCOFTN is an unknown quantity at this point
Question A/C Question

On my 2007 H2.......after it sits overnight, and I start it up the next morning, and turn the A/C on, it has like a mildew,musky smell that comes out of the vents. I normally have to start it up and let the windows down and let it run for about 10 minutes with the A/C on high to get the smell out.

I took it to my local Hummer dealer last week, and they claimed the vent tube was stopped up. I get it back 2 days later and the smell is still VERY STRONG. It has not helped any at all. My dealer asked if I park it in the garage? I told them yes, it stays in the garage full time and only gets driven on sunny days. They said thats why........when I am running the A/C and park it inside the garage, going from hot to cool is making it do that.

Personally, I dont buy that, and I am gonna take it back up there. I have another H2 (2008) and it stays in the garage also, and it dont stink like mildew. I have a Volvo S80 which stays in the garage and it dont smell like that either..........does anyone know what this could be so that I can tell my dealer? Due to the economy the dealer has actually laid off and cut back some of there good people and now its people up there thats not getting the jobs done right.

Any suggestions, ideas, recomendations, advice would be GREAT APPREICATED!!! Thanks in Advance!!!!
Old 06-15-2009, 11:48 PM
Hummer Expert

IRA51 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A/C Question

If your Hummer has that not so fresh smell Get some of the old lady"s Masingills dusch and spray it in the air intake vents once a month .gets the job done asap. nothing like the smell of a freshly dusched H2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8OPxZvCAuw
you have.
-- Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by IRA51 : 06-16-2009 at 01:19 AM.
Old 06-16-2009, 03:18 AM
Hummer Novice

lfe136 is on a distinguished road

it's the moisture on the ac filter.... do you have recirculation turned on? You need to change it to fresh air to dry it out before you get home.....switch it when you get to your neighborhood.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:14 PM
Hummer Expert

HummerMann is on a distinguished road

I agree - it's moisture and mildew in the AC filter. I've never changed the filter on the Hummer but on other cars I've done it on, it's been a major job. Spray some Fabreeze in the outside air intake or under the glove compartment if you have it set to recirculate inside cabin air.

Hummer, like nothing else
Old 06-16-2009, 06:34 PM
Hummer Veteran

TGCOFTN is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for helping me with the question........does anyone know where the air conditionor filter would be located at on a Hummer? I have never had to look for it, change it or anything. If my local dealer was still the same with the same employees it would not be a problem, but they have new people in there and they just dont seem to be on top of things like they were. This way I can tell them exactly what to do. Kinda sad when you think about it, having to tell a dealer what to do.

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:18 PM
Hummer Professional

H2 Bill is an unknown quantity at this point

Do a search for "cabin filter". Only a few H2's actually have them. If I recall early '03's and some 06's have them.
1970 Trans Am balanced, blueprinted, ceramic headers, etc.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:16 PM
Hummer Veteran

Planohummer is an unknown quantity at this point

1)stop using the recirc function once the vehicle is cooled down-use the fresh air intake to maintain cool
2)bulletin just appeared in GMland so don't fault dealer for not seeing earlier-it's dated June 12th. bulletin number is 99-01-39-004C. It's an old trick that Cadillac has done for many years and works well. Basically it's adding a module to run the HVAC fan for a few minutes once vehicle is shut off. Don't be alarmed when you walk past front of your truck with keys in hand and hear fan running from cowl area.

edit-there's no HVAC(cabin) filter in your truck.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:38 PM
Hummer Professional

porschett is on a distinguished road

Perhaps I'm just a little, or a lot older than most of you. I was taught to always turn off the recirculate feature before shutting off the vehicle. Haven't you ever noticed the smell after it's been on for a while? Just seems like common sense to me.

2006 H2 Hummer Gone and missed

1998 993 Porsche Twin Turbo (Last one made)

2006 Baja Performance 88 MPH

2008 GT2 Porsche

2009 DBS

"I object and take exception to everyone saying Obama and Congress are spending money like a drunken sailor. As a former drunken sailor, I quit when I ran out of money"