H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 01-10-2006, 09:11 AM
Hummer Novice

bhpilot is off the scale

What a great site and super people with many answers. Got my black truck in Nov. 5k miles with no problems. Well, just one rattle in over head above passenger's door, sounds like wire bundle maybe. Like many of you, I'm a head light freak as well, have installed Sylvania Xtravison bulbs as I learned from the good people on this forum that Silver Stars are not out yet. I did find Silver Stars for the fog lights (9145st)40 watts vs 37 for factory bulb. Better, much whiter light. I've had Silver Stars on Corvettes, Jeeps and Dodge p/u before, not HID like my Lexus but better than factory. I did try some blue 8k bulbs bought off Ebay looked blue but could'nt see crap. Stock bulbs were better.
Is anyone out there having head liner rattle with sun roof not all the way back at around 50 mph? Sounds like head liner is not attached properly. Many thanks to all of you for your help and great information.

Blk,Auto, off road pkg, sunroof, chrome pkg, xm, hitch, lux pkg, K/N filter,SS bumper letters
Blk and Morocco Int.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:11 AM
Hummer Novice

bhpilot is off the scale

What a great site and super people with many answers. Got my black truck in Nov. 5k miles with no problems. Well, just one rattle in over head above passenger's door, sounds like wire bundle maybe. Like many of you, I'm a head light freak as well, have installed Sylvania Xtravison bulbs as I learned from the good people on this forum that Silver Stars are not out yet. I did find Silver Stars for the fog lights (9145st)40 watts vs 37 for factory bulb. Better, much whiter light. I've had Silver Stars on Corvettes, Jeeps and Dodge p/u before, not HID like my Lexus but better than factory. I did try some blue 8k bulbs bought off Ebay looked blue but could'nt see crap. Stock bulbs were better.
Is anyone out there having head liner rattle with sun roof not all the way back at around 50 mph? Sounds like head liner is not attached properly. Many thanks to all of you for your help and great information.

Blk,Auto, off road pkg, sunroof, chrome pkg, xm, hitch, lux pkg, K/N filter,SS bumper letters
Blk and Morocco Int.
Old 01-10-2006, 12:54 PM
Hummer Expert

Mike E is off the scale

I actually feel that the Xtravision bulbs are brighter than the Silver Star bulbs. I tried both on my last vehicle and figured this out.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:58 PM
Hummer Novice

bhpilot is off the scale

You may be right Mike E. I have been driving around for weeks with the lights on bright, not one car has flashed me.??I adjusted the beam up 3 full turns per instructions in owner's manual, still no one flashes. I have considered going to the aftermarket HID setup.Anyone had good results with that kit?
Old 01-10-2006, 10:24 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bhpilot:
You may be right Mike E. I have been driving around for weeks with the lights on bright, not one car has flashed me.??I adjusted the beam up 3 full turns per instructions in owner's manual, still no one flashes. I have considered going to the aftermarket HID setup.Anyone had good results with that kit? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You state bright, but do you mean High?
As for sunroof rattle, is it near the front? If so, you might be right, the sunroof module wire runs that way, then down the driver side A-pillar.

Where did you get your xtravision bulbs from? I can't find anyplace online that sells them.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:55 PM
Hummer Novice

bhpilot is off the scale

Sorry, I meant high beams. i picked up the xtravison bulbs at Auto Zone in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. vThey stock the Silver Star fog light bulbs as well.
Old 01-10-2006, 11:52 PM

H3O is off the scale

Okay, I would like to put the Xtravision bulbs but I have a few questions: Will they they make my headlights appear like the blue light HID lights on the road today? Also, how do I install? Is it just simply a matter of replacing the current stock bulbs or do I hae to get into wiring, etc? Also, about how much do they cost? Thanks in advance for the info
Old 01-11-2006, 12:41 AM
Hummer Expert

Mike E is off the scale

Well, around here (Chicagoland) you can find the Xtravision bulbs at AutoZone OR Advanced Auto Parts. The Xtravision bulbs are white light and the Silver Starts give off a slight blue hue but are also mostly white. Seriously, and this is just my opinion cause I had both kinds, don't waste your money on them. The stock bulbs are just as good and bright.
Old 01-11-2006, 01:17 AM
Hummer Novice

bhpilot is off the scale

H30, the bulbs take about 1 minute each to install. Plug and play. Take the connector off and unscrew bulb, very easy. Put connector back on. The Xtravison bulbs are not blue and they claim 20% more output?? It's all a matter of choice, I like them but will never be a HID light source. They cost about $20.00 per bulb, the factory bulbs are really OK, but my other car has factory HID system and I notice the difference on the H3. I may opt for after market HID kit, not sure yet as I have not seen one in real time. I did try the Ebay blue bulbs, did not work for me but some people like them. Hope this helps.
Old 01-11-2006, 08:56 AM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bhpilot:
H30, the bulbs take about 1 minute each to install. Plug and play. Take the connector off and unscrew bulb, very easy. Put connector back on. The Xtravison bulbs are not blue and they claim 20% more output?? It's all a matter of choice, I like them but will never be a HID light source. They cost about $20.00 per bulb, the factory bulbs are really OK, but my other car has factory HID system and I notice the difference on the H3. I may opt for after market HID kit, not sure yet as I have not seen one in real time. I did try the Ebay blue bulbs, did not work for me but some people like them. Hope this helps. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

H13 I believe is the headlamp bulb.