H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Photos of YOUR H3

Old 01-06-2006, 01:48 AM
Hummer Veteran

HURF is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ETD:
Good point HURF. Unfortunatedly this narrows the choices down to two:http://www.usstuff.com/cartires.htm. Which would you go for? Which model? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://www.intercotire.com/site35.php
33 X 12.5 X 16
34 X 12.5 X 16
35 X 12.5 X 16

Super Swamper trXus MT

A Lousiana Company

HURF
Restored \'82 Jeep CJ7 ,258,.40 over,,Comp Cam,,GM HEI,,Borla Header,,Weber 38,,T5,,D300,,D30,,4:56,,Detroit,,AMC20,,trussed,, Detroit,,Warn full floater,,trXus 33X12.5X15

Hummer Test Driver
Old 01-06-2006, 01:55 AM
Hummer Professional

ETD is an unknown quantity at this point

No, you're right HURF. ProComps are U.S. made too. I meant the big companies with the most off-road experience like BFG's, Firestone/Bridgestone, Yoko's, etc.
So what are your comments on the Super Swamper, then? (Are the tires made in the U.S. as well as the company head-quartered in the U.S>?).
H3Bas'r: Ready-Lift Levelled Superior Blue (debadged), Sun roof, Tinted, Mud mats, Wakizashi, front Husky flaps, Manik rocker bars, UCS, Tom Tom GPS for Treo, SuperSwampers Radial TSL, Rear Eaton Locker, PCMforless'd... but, alas, not waterproofed
Old 01-06-2006, 02:43 AM
Hummer Veteran

HURF is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ETD:
No, you're right HURF. ProComps are U.S. made too. I meant the big companies with the most off-road experience like BFG's, Firestone/Bridgestone, Yoko's, etc.
So what are your comments on the Super Swamper, then? (Are the tires made in the U.S. as well as the company head-quartered in the U.S>?). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Off Road Experience"???

Do you really think it matters (influence your wheeling performance)if the tire company you are running has the most off road experience?

I have run BFG MT's and AT's

They work well

Swampers are US owned and I believe they manufacture in the US and Mexico.

Mickey Thompson Claws/ Dick Cepec's are nice also.
http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/offroad.html

HURF
Restored \'82 Jeep CJ7 ,258,.40 over,,Comp Cam,,GM HEI,,Borla Header,,Weber 38,,T5,,D300,,D30,,4:56,,Detroit,,AMC20,,trussed,, Detroit,,Warn full floater,,trXus 33X12.5X15

Hummer Test Driver
Old 01-06-2006, 03:36 AM
Hummer Professional

Mark805 is off the scale

http://elcova.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/2671031121/m/3...021033441#3021033441

Good call on the Toyos imo...

Dear GM: PLEASE SELL ME AN HX
Old 01-06-2006, 04:45 PM
Hummer Professional

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">"Off Road Experience"???

Do you really think it matters (influence your wheeling performance)if the tire company you are running has the most off road experience? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I believe that that results in more customer/user feedback, better R&D, and ultimately better reliability and service/warranty. That is a generality, I know, and I do ignore it from time to time as when I promised myself not to get the 2006 H3 as it is a 1st year model (i.e. without experience) but I went and got it anyways....
H3Bas'r: Ready-Lift Levelled Superior Blue (debadged), Sun roof, Tinted, Mud mats, Wakizashi, front Husky flaps, Manik rocker bars, UCS, Tom Tom GPS for Treo, SuperSwampers Radial TSL, Rear Eaton Locker, PCMforless'd... but, alas, not waterproofed
Old 01-07-2006, 01:20 PM
Hummer Veteran

HURF is off the scale

Maybe 20 yrs ago,

Now a days with all the Off Road tires out there,,

For what the "Average Weekend Wheeler" sees,,

The difference between say a $89 Mud King (No R&D),,,and a $150 BFG MT (Millions on R&D) is negligable

But if that is inportant to you,,,The smaller "specialized tire makers" Like Super Swampers,,Mickey Thompson,,Dick Cepek are very focused/and well respective in their Race Proven Technology.

And are usually cheaper than the Big Names,,BFG,,Goodyear,Brigestone

I have seen very few ripped sidewallls or stuck trucks,, where 1-2 more ply's,, or a more expensive model,, would have made a diff

Fujimama low profiles and Fart cans belong on "Tuners"

HURF

Hummer Test Driver
Old 01-07-2006, 03:20 PM

Grandman is off the scale

Im looking at a set of TrXus made by Interco tire . same size about the same money . Made in the USA and there a very good all around tire . Quite on the road , excellent rock tire and do well in mud . Iv been running the 34 12.50 on my Grand and am vrey pleased with them .

Im not knocking your tire choice and it does look very nice . Just throwing out an option that im aware of .
Old 01-08-2006, 06:51 PM
Hummer Professional

Thanks for the info HURF. Trying to by Made in USA, I think it's gonna be between SuperSwamper Radial SSR and ProComp Radial Xterrain...