H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 02-04-2009, 04:54 AM
Hummer Guru

OrangeCrush is an unknown quantity at this point
Default i need some persuasion!

I came across a guy selling a brand new (still in the box) Maggie supercharger with intercooler for 2750.00

I promised myself (and I even made a 1000 bet with a friend) that I wouldn't supercharge this H2.

But don't ya'll think that it's a great deal?

I know it's not as good as the newest supercharger out but it sure woke my old H2 up.

Also, I'm not putting headers on if I install the supercharger. I know it definitely helps but I can't go through the bullshiet of leaking headers.

Tim and I have changed so many gaskets on our shorty headers, we should have invested money in the company.

So, someone talk me out of it.

Mark

PS. Sorry Rred for stealing your subject title.

Last edited by OrangeCrush : 02-04-2009 at 04:57 AM.
Old 02-04-2009, 05:19 AM
Hummer Veteran

ttkresurfacing is off the scale
Default Re: i need some persuasion!

Don't do it.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:16 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

Mark PLEASE do not do this.

Do all the other things like dual exhaust and well many other things you can do to pep your rig up.

PM, EMAIL, or Call PLEASE to talk about this you have my # and email. I will be happy to refresh you on all the stuff you can do. Do not do the handheld tuning stuff but, go and get a full pro tuning safely pushig your air/fuel ratio mix to improve power, torque, etc. Hummer leaves about 100HP on the table estimated just in stock configuration. My 05 had 400HP at the wheels before SC was ever added. I had many other conversions done but, no power adder yet. I sort of wish I would have gone the way you have a chance to go. But, I knew I was going for 1000HP at the ground so need the Maggie anyway.

In fact Nelson will do a super tune and swap out with you etc. He will gain you at least 40 to 50 HP just with a leaner safe tune. If something does not run just right he kknows flashs a new one and you run what you got till the next one get's there then you ship iit back. My goodness if I had tuning software for my HPTuners setup I would build you a tune if I had a stock H2 that it is, but if nothing else I could fly out and spend a few days een 3 or 4 if that is what ir took. I would be able to try some different air intact setups unless you plan on off-roading then factory stays just add better flowing filter.

Anyway Mark let's talk about this and keep you ride power but, from a tame way. Last resort Mark do a dual tune with a 75HP shot of nitrous. Nitrous used at right rates at right time do no harm but, get you that temp. extra power you may need or desire.

Mark so many ways to go and keep stock exhaust manifold. That is why you plan it from start to finish kicking it around on paper adding all acc. like electric fans which will get you 20HP roughly. You can plan all you want after playing on paper then call Allen Nelson and his tune will be designed with all this included. Including dual tune that with throttle micro switch the tune adjusts for nitrous that is shortly flowing.

Mark, Everyone sorry for going on but, I had a good idea why Mark came back to H2 and desire to just enjoy the rig with factory upgrades over his soupped up 2003 H2 by the way if spare change had been laying around would not mind having owned that monster. Mark go slow let's talk. If by phone email me number you will be calling from so I can add to my contact list and I will answer. If anyone is not noted and comes up I do not care if you are Barak Hussien Obama no answer by TAZ.

Thanks for letting me rant guys but, this is very important and be glad to offer my angles and please compare my ideas with several other ideas not just 1 or 2.

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 02-04-2009, 07:23 AM
Hummer Guru

HummBob is an unknown quantity at this point

Why are you guys saying DON'T DO IT???

Curious as I was thinking of getting one once my warranty is up?
Old 02-04-2009, 11:24 AM
Hummer Professional

Location: GAIN INFORMATION AND EDUCATION RELATING TO HUMMER H2\'S
H2BRUTE is off the scale

I love mine. Never had a problem with it. Installed corvette servos in the tranny to assist with the increase in power. It is more fun than you ever dreamed of. I swear my front end wants to lift off the ground when I hit it..Plus the noise is like music to my ears..Did I mention that I have electronic exhaust cutouts..Awesome is all I can say...BRUTE
Old 02-04-2009, 02:10 PM
Hummer Veteran

ttkresurfacing is off the scale

Bob,
I just said that b/c then him and I will be in competition again with them. Just like last time. We left off with mine absolutely smoking his . But work has slowed down for me lately and I am sure that he will beat me. I am actually the one that pretty much pushes him to do it. We did ours at the same time on the last one, and except for the issues with headers, I couldn't be happier.

Tim
Old 02-05-2009, 08:06 AM
Hummer Guru

Cool!! Thanks for clearing that up!!!

Should the tranny be upgraded too if doing a supercharger??
Old 02-05-2009, 09:25 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

I'm not saying to leave off SC because it is a bad thing. I have just learned allot about H2 engines and what that old 6.0L or 6.2L can do without forced induction and be able to do everything you want power wise and not have to spend allot on tranny upgrade the upgrade this and so on.

I'm saying check your needs and what your goal is. My original reason for a SC was because of the shows we were and are being in. Once there my next goal was the Texas Mile and that got me to trying and see how much HP etc. I can push through a completely stock 6.0L. So far a few 750HP at crank with internal upgrades. I feel we can put 750 at the wheels with stock engine. So think about what your reason is for SC.

It really only matters to you and how much money you want to be prepared to spend. If you get hooked on power adders, many things come after the innocent just installing the basic setup which will increase the fun factor. It is the same thing can be accomplished without the SC for much less money and on my next project when I add an HX or SUT I will see just how much increase I can get without power adders. I want to use tuning, head porting, headers, etc. just real basic stuff to see what I can get out of natural aspiration. I'm excited to see someone do this with the H2.

So go with SC it is safe and go miles without trouble. Set a goal and check money you are willing to or able to commit to project. So good luck, have fun and just please yourself no one else.

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 02-06-2009, 08:31 AM
Hummer Guru

Thanks TAZ!!!!
Old 02-06-2009, 04:35 PM
Hummer Guru

OrangeCrush is an unknown quantity at this point

X2....

Thanks Rick, I appreciate the advice. I haven't decided which way to go yet but I'm weighing each situation.

Mark