H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 01-26-2004, 06:21 PM
Hummer Guru

Spike is an unknown quantity at this point

What happened to SUVQueer? Was this a hit and run post? He probably doesn't have the balls to come back on. Or maybe he does have the balls...there just lying across the bridge of his nose right now.

S&B Member
Old 01-26-2004, 06:25 PM

SJ is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Klaus:
Isn't Volvo owned by FORD now?

Klaus

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, and Saab is a brand of General Motors.

Speaking of Ford: Toyota just surpassed Ford to take the #2 spot in the world for automotive sales. That's a bunch of sh*t, since we aren't really given a fair shake in their market! That combined with all the Californians that think Toyota is American because they're assembled/pieced together here [and in Kentucky]. Either that or they just don't give a flying ____!

Old 01-26-2004, 06:52 PM
Hummer Guru

frank6150 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hell I got in a 10 minute conversation/arguement today with a gas station attendent moron who says the H2 is german and would hear no other answer.

And don't bash the Bronco 2! That was my first vehicle and I loved the little piece of ****!

S&B Member since '03
Old 01-26-2004, 07:16 PM
Hummer Guru

Spike is an unknown quantity at this point

Frank said,
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> And don't bash the Bronco 2! That was my first vehicle and I loved the little piece of ****! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Frank, you crack me up

Whats this world coming to...you can't even break a trolls balls without offending people on this forum

S&B Member
Old 01-26-2004, 07:16 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Frank, The only thing that rolled over more often than a CJ5 was a Bronco II.
Old 01-26-2004, 09:04 PM

argonaut is off the scale

Troll scale: 4. No original content, and only one post... Pathetic. On the other hand, it has been quite some time without a Troll posting. It was starting to get mighty dull around here. We need another moojiber or andkon. Those guys had follow through.
Old 01-26-2004, 09:15 PM

TJ is off the scale

Please don't make fun of Volvo you guys. I am of Swedish desecent (and yes, my grandfather was a Swedish master carpenter, some of his work can be found in the 'movie star' homes up in the Hollywood Hills and Beverly Hills) and the Volvo is a Swedish vehicle...and for the uninformed, it's pronounce "vaul'-voh", not "vole-vo".
Old 01-26-2004, 09:19 PM

I had to drive a crappy ass old volvo station wagon as my first car. I have it on authority that Volvos suck. It weighed almost as much as mu Hummer, yet had a 110 HP engine... What a POS. Nothing against the swedish, I like Saabs.
Old 01-27-2004, 12:51 AM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

This is a fake. I subscribed to 5-6 auto magazines for many years, I read thousands or more articles, automobile magazines don't talk about automobiles like that.
Old 01-27-2004, 05:50 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

OMG, the day has finally come: I agree with MAC, it's a fake. Motor Trend finds everything either good, great or amazing...
Old 01-27-2004, 06:12 AM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

No, mabye it's not fake. I do remember reading something similar in Hustler.

" S & B Member Since 2003 "

My Video Collectionez

Old 01-27-2004, 02:29 PM
Banned

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>quotes from Motor Trend:
The all-new H2 is unmistakably Hummer, faithful in nearly every detail...

Built to a tough-as-nails 8600-lb GVW standard and with more interior and cargo room than the traditional Hummer H1, the H2 is short where it needs to be for outstanding off-roadability--in front and rear overhangs. The H2 is the Manx cat of SUVs, thanks to wheels pushed to the far corners of the robust body. It'll climb up and over obstacles 16 inches tall without snagging bumpers or tow hitch receivers and in low range/low gear (with a 33:1 crawl rate) continue on up a 60-percent grade without breaking a sweat. All 3.2 tons of it.

Hummers are all about going where others dare not go. Here, the H2 has its own bag of techno-tricks, including a two-speed, shift-on-the-fly transfer case, locking center differential, locking rear differential, dual-mode traction control, and anti-lock brakes with automatic brake differential. Via a dash-mounted switch, the H2 driver can select High Open, High Locked (center diff locked), Low Locked (center diff locked), or Neutral (when being towed). An Eaton locking rear differential can be engaged in low range for dealing with severe obstacles and works in forward and reverse. Another dash switch lets the driver adjust the traction-control system for on-road, high-friction surfaces or off-road, low-friction conditions, allowing a bit more wheelspin and being less intrusive on engine power under the latter setting. Finally, the automatic brake differential function of the ABS helps keep the H2 moving by braking a spinning wheel or wheels and feeding drive torque to the tire's contact patch with the most grip.

the H2 may prove to be the irresistible object between a rock and hard place.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 01-27-2004, 02:44 PM
Banned

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Car and Driver:

The H2 may not be able to climb a three-foot wall, traverse a 40-percent slope, or straddle a 16-inch boulder, as the H1 can. But it is clearly equipped to be the most capable GM-designed off-roader on the market. It has the strike-force styling of the now-legendary AM General Humvee and its civilian clone the Hummer, though it’s much more refined

Meanwhile, our Mexican mileage has created deep respect, fondness, and admiration for the H2. It is golly-gee easy and reassuring to drive, but it is not a Hummer poseur. It handles serious off-road chores with ho-hum ease, leaving its occupants marveling at the comfort in which they can travel through rough country. For most folks, that will make it the perfect Hummer

The H2, on the other hand, is everything the H1 isn't: comfortable, spacious, and fun to drive on-road and off-. Two days of off-roading and rock crawling outside Moab, Utah, convinced us the H2 can overcome obstacles almost as well as the H1 can (we know because we had an H1 chase vehicle) but in a much more civilized manner and for half the price. GM has done a great job of capturing the look and off-road prowess of the H1 and making the H2 a practical vehicle<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 01-28-2004, 11:01 PM

SUVGuy is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MAC:
This is a fake. I subscribed to 5-6 auto magazines for many years, I read thousands or more articles, automobile magazines don't talk about automobiles like that.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Car and Driver April 2003 page 24

Motor Trend March 2003 page 14

Look them up.
Old 01-28-2004, 11:06 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

He's just trying to waste your time.

" S & B Member Since 2003 "

My Video Collectionez

Old 01-28-2004, 11:42 PM

SJ is off the scale

SUVGuy:

Pack your Kia Sportage and haul a** out of here boy - nobody gives a flying f*** what your candy-ass thinks. I say it on the Internet just as I would in public - that's my policy and I'm not making any exceptions for you.

This troll is more like a 2 - copy & paste with no skills whatsoever.

Pokeman is on TV, so scram junior - your about to miss your favorite episode and mama will beat you silly for abusing your computer privelages for the 3rd time this week.

Old 01-29-2004, 01:19 AM

wow, I just did a search on the website for car and driver, and there was not a single mention of the Hummer H2 in April 2003... You sir, are a ****ty liar.
Old 01-29-2004, 01:43 AM

SUVGuy is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by argonaut:
wow, I just did a search on the website for car and driver, and there was not a single mention of the Hummer H2 in April 2003... You sir, are a ****ty liar.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've got the issues here in front of me. They are actual quotes from actual magazine editors. If you have the issues look them up. You will see that I am right and quoted them word for word.