H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 02-02-2004, 04:21 PM

argonaut is off the scale

Those aren't reviews buddy, those are just slanted editorials. If you read either magazine's reviews of the H2, they are absolutely glowing. Motor Trend even took one from Alaska to key west and wrote a long journal about it. Their opionion? The H2 rocked! So you can show whatever you want from the reader's letters section, and the pinko car as costume editorial, but the fact remains that both magazines loved the H2 in their reviews.
Old 02-02-2004, 04:41 PM

SUVGuy is off the scale

I never made any assertions from the quotes. I just posted them as quotes. I thought it was funny that the H2 couldn't finish the hill climb without low range that the Volvo had no problems with. And I agreed with what the Car and Driver editor said. Even out of context they still say the same thing.

I'm not envious of your H2s one bit. I make enough money to buy 2 H2's. I just think they are a poor choice as an off road vehicle. Why would anyone spend so much on an off road vehicle when they could build one up for half the price that would be superior (and one they could actually see out of)? And they also wouldn't feel so bad about beating the hell out of it.
Old 02-02-2004, 04:54 PM
Hummer Guru

Spike is an unknown quantity at this point

Well boys there it is. SUVGay really put us in our place with that article. I know you guys care like I do what that ******* Patrick Bedard has to say. In fact I will be putting my H2 up for sale immediately. Cake pans included!

Just looking at that guy makes my skin crawl. I can just see him lying there face down with his head burried in a pillow while his boyfriends take turns reenacting the maximun security prison rapefest on him. Then after a brief packing of the ass with tampons to control the bleeding its off to work in his Hugo to write his worthless opinions about the H2.

S&B Member

[This message was edited by Spike on 02-02-04 at 11:14 AM.]
Old 02-02-2004, 05:05 PM

SUVGuy is off the scale

"The H2 is a great all round performer, sure you can find plenty of vehicles that can do what the H2 can off road, you can find plenty of vehicles that make better highway cruisers, and minvans are better for carting a big family around in, but show me one of them which does it all?"

My point exactly. You could buy 2 vehicles that do everything you mentioned much better, for the same price as one H2. Its like buying one pair of shoes that does everything from running to mountain climbing. You end up with a pair of shoes that does most things "ok" and nothing really well.

I don't care what you guys waste your money on. And I don't get enjoyment out of making people suffer. I just wanted to point out that you fell victim of a marketing play and chose an absurd vehicle.
Old 02-02-2004, 05:07 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok, Mr. Enlightened, what do you drive? Be honest.

S&B Member since '03
Old 02-02-2004, 06:35 PM

SUVGuy is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PhilD:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SUVGuy:
I never made any assertions from the quotes.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Really? What was this then?

"-Imagine off-roading in your H2 and getting stuck going up a hill and then passed by a soccer mom in a Volvo X90. How embarrassing!"

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was merely a hypothetical scenario. An assertion would be if I said that Car and Driver and Motor Trend both hated the H2.
Old 02-02-2004, 06:44 PM

SJ is off the scale

SUVGuy:

Until you answer DRTYFN's question, then shut the F up! You don't say where you're from and you don't say what you drive - nobody trusts your shady punk-ass. You're a parasite, otherwise you'd introduce yourself proper.

You drive a Jap SUV don't you? Prove me wrong and tell us you drive a Ford F-150 and you're really a good ol' boy. Yeah right! You walk, talk, and sound like a sell-out.

Old 02-02-2004, 07:17 PM

argonaut is off the scale

Personally I think modding an offroad vehicle is silly, so for me going the stock route was the way to go. Yeah you could buy two POS trucks and build them up, but then you would look like a white trash redneck with no life. Why not just buy the best than can handle just about anything stock. If you have never offroaded one, or been offroading with one that has a competent driver, then you need to STFU. I get crap from my Jeeper Taco buddies all the time who tell me this very thing. Then they offroad with me and are very very impressed. So go back to your foreign vehicle (yes Jeeps are German now...) and **** off you pathetic troll.
Old 02-02-2004, 07:20 PM
Hummer Authority

ShaggyX is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by argonaut:
Yeah you could buy two POS trucks and build them up, but then you would look like a white trash redneck with no life.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>So are you saying that since I drive/wheel in a POS truck that I am a white trash redneck with no life?
Old 02-02-2004, 07:23 PM

Gromet is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I don't care what you guys waste your money on. And I don't get enjoyment out of making people suffer. I just wanted to point out that you fell victim of a marketing play and chose an absurd vehicle.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was just wondering, is a person who drives a Lamborghini driving an "absurd" vehicle? People buy exotics like this all the time and people don't give them a hard time. I actually owned an 89 countach 25th Anniversary and no one ever said things like this about that car. It got worse gas milage than my Hummer, could barley make it up the apron of my driveway without bottoming out, and if the ground got slick in the least, better get off the road, or not drive over 35mph if you wanted to keep the ass end on the pavement.

I had a Jeep wrangler, with every known Lift, hop up, extra, winch, etc... Don't get me wrong, I loved my wrangler, and I beat the hell out of it, and it got me through some really tight off-road situations. I have only had the hummer for a little over a week, but my buddy has one also, and let me tell you, this is one amazing truck. The size and weight, I was afraid would actually hinder the fun you can have with it. This truck is designed so well it is rediculous. I have never had more fun or a bigger smile on my face while driving as I have sinse I got my Hummer. There is no stock Jeep that is going to touch what a stock hummer can do, you want to start throwing money into hop-ups, let me do the same, you will never touch me.

So why when you go and buy a small exotic that makes NO Sense whatsoever, does everyone want you to come down to shows and let everyone gawk at it or take a ride in it. But go out and buy a BIG new truck that is the hottest thing on the road. A truck that even those in their little, low, 1" from the ground exotics look up at in envy as you drive past them, and everyone gives you ****.

You people kill me. I still haven't figured out if it is jealousy or just plain ignorance.

Either way this forum alone speaks so loud it's not even funny. With all of the problems that people on this board have had, big and small, How many people have said they hate their hummer, or they are getting rid of it for some other 4x4 because the hummer was ****. Exactly. So until you are a fellow owner, or at least have the slightest bit of knowledge on the subject you are about to stick your nose into. Before you go and read someone elses opinion and decide that they must be right and decide to comment on it like it was your own opinion. Do us all a big favor...

Just SHUT THE !@$% up and don't!

2003 Black - Adv/Lux Package
Old 02-02-2004, 08:03 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ShaggyZr2:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by argonaut:
Yeah you could buy two POS trucks and build them up, but then you would look like a white trash redneck with no life.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>So are you saying that since I drive/wheel in a POS truck that I am a white trash redneck with no life?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not so much a redneck, but more of a loudmouthed excuse-making pussy.

S&B Member since '03
Old 02-02-2004, 08:07 PM
Hummer Authority

ShaggyX is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DRTYFN:
Not so much a redneck, but more of a loudmouthed excuse-making pussy.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I resemble that remark.
Old 02-02-2004, 08:31 PM
Hummer Expert

Buckeye Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

This is really funny!

suvguy,

One day you may be financially strong enough to afford a Hummer at which time your views will change, until then you will be bound by ingorance. You are young, you don't understand or comprehend and frankly, I don't expect you to but I appreciate the entertainment value of your thread. What's next?
Old 02-02-2004, 10:13 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Actually, MT loved the H2 so much they drove it from the Arctic Circle above Alaska to Key West.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/suv/112_0208_h2/

Be sure to read the entire article.

The MT article you referenced seemed to be refering to the everyday driver of SUV's: the soccer mom. I would love to read the entire article. Just post a link please.

Black Lingenfelter Lux
Old 04-06-2004, 03:05 PM

SUVGuy is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>The MT article you referenced seemed to be refering to the everyday driver of SUV's: the soccer mom. I would love to read the entire article. Just post a link please. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Weren't you paying attention? There are no links to the articles I was referncing. They were only in the magazines and not posted to their websites. Go back and review the scans I posted.