H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 11-27-2002, 09:00 AM

sheag is off the scale

Mac, huh? My posts were rude and mean-spirited?? Maybe somebody else can enlighten me but I thought in general I'd been playing real nice.(thanks Steve, for pointing this out to Mac as well :-) I'm not angry at all, in fact as I think I've said six times now, I really appreciate (nearly) everyone's helpfulness.
[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

At any rate, I live on the west side of the island, we don't get a lot of rain, especially down in town, and definitely not nearly as much as they do on the Hilo-side. But I do have quality concerns about a dealer-installed sunroof. If the Hummer I get doesn't come with the factory-installed sunroof, my sales guy told me they can install one but it's 2 inches smaller on each side than the one the factory installs, so I definitely want the factory original upfront. The second one the dealer installs is smaller as well and my guess is it's going to have more problems than the factory work, but who knows. I don't have a dealer on my island nor an authorized service place, so if something goes wrong, it's going to be a pain in the ass to get it taken care of. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Shea
Old 11-27-2002, 10:17 AM

JCJ is off the scale

And now something completely diferent:

A convertible H2! There is enough space for the folded roof back there.
No roof to support.
But this might interfere with the vehicle's "structure" though. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]
We all have seen the limo H2. So why not? Definitely cooler than those low riders, high riders, chrome riders, boom box riders, knight riders etc. etc.
Any one inspired at the PhotoShop?
Old 11-27-2002, 10:22 AM

JCJ is off the scale

Problems with convertibles (and sunroofs for that matter) here in Aruba and maybe in Hawaii as well (you tell me Shea) is:
It's only nice to drive with open top or roof early morning, late afternoon or at night. During the day you get cooked here and forget abouit that tan, think 2nd degree burns. And when it starts to rain, the card's flooded before you reach the buttons to close the roof(s).
All right, okay, so there remains a few hours per day/night to drive around with open roof here. But still I prefer the AC, recirculating or not.
[img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2002, 03:25 PM

sheag is off the scale

I'm not worried about getting cooked, I'm a Hawai'i girl, we lie on the beach all day every chance we get, mo' better to sit in the Hummer. :-)The front sunroof has a sun guard of sorts that protects the driver and passenger from the direct rays even when open, plus it has an airflow option where the back of it just lifts up some to generate air flow. I'm not big on air conditioning myself. I just spent 3 months in Central America, much of the time without ice, let alone air conditioning. Hawai'i seems mild in comparison. :-) Man, I would have liked to have had my Hummer down there....

Can't jetski or waterski in Hawai'i, at least not in general. Aside from a variety of county and state regulations against it (which most of us locals are imminently grateful for), there's the fact that most days we have a wicked swell that would render the point moot. They have a little jetski "ring" in the Bay in Kailua-Kona where tourists can pay $75 a pop to get their arses kicked in the Hawai'i chop. I think I'll pass. Any day that's flat enough to jetski I'd rather be diving anyway. But rest assured any accessory I buy for my Hummer will not interfere with my water activities or purchases. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Shea
Old 12-03-2002, 10:19 PM

bklynh2srock is off the scale

Oh my. I go away for a week and look what I miss! I'm never, ever going away again. BTW, picked ours up Monday and we are in hog heaven.
but she knows what she knows.
Give that girl wings and that\'s all she wrote.
Old 12-03-2002, 11:21 PM

Location: In the Deep South, Along the Shore of the Flint River
HummerGirl is off the scale

Yeah!!! Don't you want to sleep in it????

~amy
Move it or Lose it...
Old 12-04-2002, 12:21 AM

bklynh2srock is off the scale

Yeah, Amy, I keep going outside to look at it and admire it in all its awesome glory. We drove it home from the dealer in Detroit, in constant snow, and I was cheerfully clipping along singing "Let it Snow" the whole way. Puts our Jeep Grand Cherokee w/ Quadra Drive to absolute shame. I actually looked at my husband and said, "We will never be able to own another make of car again."

I'm soooo looking forward to the true commencement of ski season!
but she knows what she knows.
Give that girl wings and that\'s all she wrote.
Old 12-04-2002, 02:22 AM

kelleymac2000 is off the scale

Shea:

I wouldn't spend $3600 before pricing to see if you can get tires and rims cheaper. I checked out the MTs, and I can get them online for around $220 apiece that's about $900 in tires. I haven't priced rims, but bet you can get away for a lot less than $2700.

Check out America's tire. They seem to have good deals, and a lot of inventory/stores around.

Good luck!
Kelley

BTW, I don't comment on the sunroof, 'cause I specifically ordered mine without. I'm just not fond of them, but can see the draw for you in Hawaii. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]
Old 12-04-2002, 10:15 AM

Location: In the Deep South, Along the Shore of the Flint River
HummerGirl is off the scale

Yep this poor rig won't see snow until we go home for xmas...but where we live we get some nice rain showers in the spring and summer months. Our terrain is extremely flat and the roads flood so quickly as they cannot drain. So hydroplaning is common, but I have found this hummer does not move an inch in the rain. I have done some nice 360s in my beamers going a modest 45mph with the slick roads from oil and water residue from such large trucks and tractors from the farmers. Thank goodness no one was on the road at the time.

I do feel safe in this rig and I too could never own anything less.

~amy
Move it or Lose it...
Old 12-04-2002, 11:39 PM

SONA is off the scale

Don't touch my GUNS.... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img]
\"Life is tough... tougher if you’re stupid.\" \"Just think, right now, all over the world there are people exercising bad judgment. Somebody, right this minute, is probably making the mistake of his life