Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > ETC. Forums > Other Off-Roading Vehicles

Old 02-06-2003, 10:49 PM

SJ is off the scale

I was one of the first members here to welcome the new wave of trolls with open arms. However, my plea to the trolls was that they conduct themselves in a mature and constructive manner. My diplomacy fell upon deaf ears and I have come to witness a rising wave of negativity and mockery within a majority of all new threads.

I now see some of my fellow members becoming disgruntled and limiting their visits. Well, it is one thing to have thick skin and take the criticism, but the line is crossed when every thread is plagued with insults and antagonistic remarks.

My initial welcoming and cooperative spirit is slowly turning to disgust. I figured, let's give these guys a chance to lend value to this site.

One does not have to like the H2 to be here, but a guest should respect the members of this site as you would when visiting a person's home.

Last, I don't assume that any of my thoughts are shared with the entire board or its "governing body," but I have come to appreciate this site enough to care about its direction.
http://www.smiliegenerator.de/smiley...miley-9839.png
Old 02-11-2003, 02:03 AM

JMoore is off the scale

I forgot to mention, I'm also into trucks! I am into the utility and what they can do and not the flash. That how I got into Land Rovers and what I admire about hummers. In addition to the D2 I had an 88 Range Rover and several Fords and a Jeep. I've rebuilt engines, modified suspension, exhaust, wiring, rebuilt cooling systems, added lights and other electronics, etc so I hope to have something to add.

-John

Beer is the reason we know God loves us.
Old 02-11-2003, 12:53 AM

JMoore is off the scale

I think it's been said before, but do you think your all that different from Land Rover owners. You probably have more in common with them than the owners of other SUV's. I have a 99D2. I'm into wheelin', camping, skiing, boating etc. I decided to register, becuase I too have an expensive toy and thought it might be fun to participate. Though we may have some of the same interest. Some of you guys seem nice, the others a bit uptight!

Beer is the reason we know God loves us.
Old 02-11-2003, 01:42 AM

kelleymac2000 is off the scale

Wow, I didn't think you could fly-fish for muskie, MM. Learn something new everyday.

BTW, you asked what was the biggest muskie I've caught in another post: 12lbs. A baby by all standards, and it's my ONLY muskie. (The fight was phenomenal...the only thing better was the silver marlin I hooked into in Hawaii...) Muskie's are tough, and frankly I've not learned all the tricks!

Kelley

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by muskyman:
well once again I want to thank you for your support Kelley

Hee Haw,

If you really want information on Fly Fishing for musky go tohttp://www.muskyhunter.com/acatalog/Online_Catalog_1997_Back_Issues_17.htmland get the March 1997 back issue, there is an article in it that I wrote that will give you a good overview of what it takes to get started in it.

If you are looking for a place to see a hundred small musky to cast at with a fly rod in a single day I can hook you up there as well.

thom

Musky:the thinking mans fish

Dirt is for playing roads are for getting there<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 02-10-2003, 11:42 PM

muskyman is off the scale

well once again I want to thank you for your support Kelley

Hee Haw,

If you really want information on Fly Fishing for musky go tomuskyhunter.comand get the March 1997 back issue, there is an article in it that I wrote that will give you a good overview of what it takes to get started in it.

If you are looking for a place to see a hundred small musky to cast at with a fly rod in a single day I can hook you up there as well.

thom

Dirt is for playing roads are for getting there

Old 02-10-2003, 04:32 AM

muddyrover is off the scale

nicely said Kelley
Old 02-10-2003, 03:00 PM

muddy rover was referring to my post about three before yours Steve...

Kelley

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steve R:
My name is Steve...but you can call me Kelley<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 02-10-2003, 02:46 AM

yep sure did...in all kinds of ways such as hard core off-road in my opinion they do.

but unless you know what I do off road that cant be QUALIFIED

if you tried to do what I do off road with a H2 youd say the same thing...sorry its not a personal attack as it seems

Old 02-11-2003, 02:33 AM

Mac

if that is aimed at me, thanks

thom

Old 02-10-2003, 03:03 AM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Some people are gullible to a fault, the problem is they drag others into the mess. There are people who think OJ is innocent despite the evidences, some thought they could work with the Nazis, some women married mass murderers in the prisons. The trolls continue to be encouraged by few here. The trolls' posts here are loud and clear, Z posted the clear evidences. Yet some are still ready to invite the criminals into their home until someone is hurt or murdered. Those who enjoy the trolls can join their sites and continue the conversation there while keeping this forum free of virus.
Old 02-10-2003, 07:48 PM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

oh sure....suck-up to the swimsuit model!
Old 02-10-2003, 04:18 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

Somehow I missed this thread. Can you imagine that?

I'd like to think that we can sum it up as this: We'd welcome anyone who can contribue to this forum in a positive manner. Simple as that. Nobody has a problem with Mike, and he's contributed substantially. Many people here have not yet bought their H2's and some are only contemplating it....not all of us are owners.

While I did not see the Rover-Rage when they invaded, I did expereince the Jeeper-Assualt and can imagine what happened. It's not fun to log-on and find your clubhouse trashed. I enjoy this forum tremendously...when I bought my H2 I did more then just replace a vehicle; I gained a new hobby...and more friends. This is a place where we share our interest and pleasure in owning our H2's...this should not be a place where we feel insulted, attacked or amongst hostile 'invaders'.

Anyone who fails to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with the efforts and theme of this forum should not be allowed to stay.

I have not seen the ugly side of Thom, I strolled along after Jason cleaned up the smut. My experience has been positive: I agrued with him on some issues and found myself better educated about offroading. I don't agree with all he has to say....but MAC teaches us that it's a good thing to disagree (I'm not sure I agree with that?).

I was not happy to read the post Thom put to his list...but I can understand to some degree the desire to show-off to his own kind. I'm going to judge him by what he shows/tells us...and while the start was a bit harsh, he seems okay to me. He gave me some darn good info on tires...and I'll bet he's got some significant insight into other modifications down the line. Any resource is a good thing...just as long as he isn't offending anyone (too much).

Just calling it as I read it. Seems to me he one day will be an H2 owner, much as Mike will too. They're just in a bit of Hummer-denial.
Old 02-10-2003, 06:26 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

Hey MAC,

Yeah...I read it, but I figure he was just showboating for his fellow LR's. He did post other things that were favorable about us though. In the end....it's only words and we still drive our bad-ass toys...so it falls into the category of "whatever".

So long as he contributes in a positive manner and gets along with everybody...that's all that matters. Lots of people get off to a rough start and then fall into the pattern. Thus far I've learned something about tires, differentials and a few other things...plus his attitude has been quite contributive and pleasant. He even goes by his name now. He actualy has made some apologies....something certain members of our own haven't been capable of bringing themselves to do.

Besides...it's tradition that we pick-up a resident from each "other brand" attack...look how Mike turned out and he's a swell guy! So I say we give him a shot. If he gets ugly (which I sincerely doubt would happen at this point)...I'll be the first to front a petition to remove him and revoke his inflatble doll.

Oh...and here's one you've got to love: Keep your friends close and keep your enemies closer. Come on MAC, that old-age corporate thing has to get you a bit excited? And how about this....Thom will promise not to "Amen" anything I say for at least 2 months?

Besides...he'll be a good to have around when the Ford, Dodge, Nissan, Mercedes, Porsche and Toyota groups attack.

Can we talk deal? The guy does plan to own an H2 one day.
Old 02-10-2003, 03:11 AM

May I point out that it was an H2 person who went to discoweb, read their posts, and then REPOSTED THEM HERE! Even if I were INCENSED by something I read somewhere else, why bring it to a forum already simmering about the group from discoweb???

I repeat what I said about Musky. He's entitled to his opinion, and free to express it wherever he wants. He said those things on discoweb, not here...now I don't always agree with him, and I don't think he's always tactful, but frankly neither am I. I try not to be a jerk on purpose, but sometimes I fail...

We all just need to ease up.

Kelley
Old 02-10-2003, 05:15 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

because....DAMN!!
Old 02-10-2003, 07:12 PM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

I think the forum is just fine, all the "trolls" are gone, and the one guy we somehow retained seems to be behaving and adding good input to the discussion.

As for what he said on the LR forum...probably just showboating, and he did point out some nice things about us. In the end...it's just text on a computer screen.

Last time I assaulted invaders I got flack for it...now I'm trying the more gentle approach and still getting flack. Tough crowd I tells ya...tough crowd!

But like I say....he's the only one left and he's not only being civil, but adding in a positive manner. If you really want me to hate him...I will. Forgive, forget and move on.
Old 02-10-2003, 03:36 AM
Hummer Authority

Big Z has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Well Musky, I took offence to what you, and a few of your group did the other day. But just an example of ignorance, is this statement "its really to bad that AM general sold the name rights to GM. the fact it shares the same name sake as a truley awsome off-road truck like the H1 is just sad." So what are you saying, since gm bought the name rights to Hummer, that it isn't A Hummer anymore?
And as far as the type of person you are, no idea, except what you brought here, and the H2 posts I read over there. What do you expect? A hand shake and welcome aboard? and while your at it, bring some friends, and attack & insult people because of what they choose to drive! Thats Just as shallow as the rest of the un-informed know-it-alls.
Old 02-06-2003, 11:17 PM
Hummer Authority

Big Z has a little shameless behaviour in the past

SJ--Couldn't Agree More! Yank The Handle!! Jason. Tired of reading the insults and antagonistic remarks also. Just haven't wanted to stoop to the Primitive Teen level, and respond to any of it.
Wasted effort, arguing with ignorance!

[This message was edited by Big Z on February 06, 2003 at 06:10 PM.]
Old 02-10-2003, 01:43 AM

Interesting...even their women feel the need to "challenge." Whatever. So far Musky hasn't brought that into "our house" and if he ever makes it to California, I'd welcome him to drive my H2 and give his honest opinion. I can't blame folks for being skeptical, but I think it's pretty ignorant to badmouth a truck you don't know much about...

BTW, you might want to tell Kim it's BadaSS.

Kelley
Old 02-10-2003, 10:00 PM

I don't know where you guys got this impression of me...

Kelley

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steve R:
oh sure....suck-up to the swimsuit model!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>