H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-01-2013, 04:08 PM
Hummer Novice

wrangedog is on a distinguished road
Default Second air ride suspension compressor

Hello,
2003 H2
Replaced air ride compressor (Arnott), airlines, and air shocks, in January 2012. Dealer installed and programmed control module due to upgrading to the dual compressor system.
Worked great for over a year. One day left rear was sagging with "service air suspension" warning on DIC. Took to dealer and for 530.00 they adjusted torsion bar and realignment of the front end. One week later whole ass end sagging with same warning on DIC. Took to dealer and was told it needed a new compressor for 3800.00. I ordered new GM compressor (not Arnott) and it came with new control module, i also ordered all new lines. when i removed the old compressor i noticed that one of my air lines was sitting on the exhaust and melted through. I'm sure this is just a coincidence that the dealer had worked on my rear suspension a week prior. however when he told me the air compressor burned itself out he never mentioned the melted air line, and said "these things just burn themselves out."
When I powered up the new compressor it came on and the rear end inflated some but then stopped. the warning did not come on. I assumed because of the new control module the dealer would have to reset the ride height.So not trusting the dealer i put my old dealer programmed control module back on and i still have the same issues. the rear end is sitting low (but does not appear to be all the way down, it is somewhat drive-able). i have scoured this and other forums and have disconnected the battery, which seems to turn off the warning but it does come back on after a minute or two without the compressor running. i was under the vehicle and one of the compressors tried to run for a split second and then stopped. i have checked the fuses and the relay and all seems good. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, i really don't want to go back to the dealer that i think i'm going to lodge a complaint against. thanks for any help or guidance