H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 10-01-2003, 07:07 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

Dan,

I think kdio learned his lesson.
We've all made bad judgements before. I'm sure there was a time when you did something silly or irresponsible that made others shake their heads.

P.S. Why did he take a bath? Lucky he didn't slide back all the way like that poor sap in his Corvette at the boat launch.

He ain't heavy.....
He's ma HUMMER baby!
03 NUDE Pewter Lux H2
03 Dressed Range Rover

My Video Collectionez

Old 10-01-2003, 07:13 PM

Brandon is off the scale

check out the post in other rigs, I just posted about 30 pics of hummers on the rubicon, and one was an 03'!
Old 10-01-2003, 08:40 PM

Keith Strong is off the scale

Hello all! My first post here as well. I was lured by the prospect of you guys on the con and have always been intrigued as to how well Hummers will do up there. I appreciate your guys' acceptance of the valuable info offered earlier in this post and welcome you to join and participate in F.O.T.R.'s actions in preserving our beloved trail.

With all the formality crap outta the way I am gonna TRY and get some of my club (RPS) to hit the con that weekend, if not to help in any way we can then just to have a good time! Be prepared, the trail is MUCH more difficult than the section discussed here from Tahoe to Obvservation. To add to the self pimping pics Brandon and Steve and others put up....here are a few of my old rig and my new one (the build is starting all over again)

Good luck and be safe up there!

Keith

www.rps4wd.com
Old 10-01-2003, 08:47 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

I would like to thank everyone that has contributed information, opinions, links and pictures to this topic. It's really nice to see that we can all actually get along.
I am talking with my buddies about when we will actually get up there, where we'll stay Friday and when we'll hit the trail Saturday. As soon as I've got the info I'll post it.
Looking forward to seeing everyone up there.
Old 10-01-2003, 08:48 PM
Hummer Professional

Cranky Steve is an unknown quantity at this point

Yo Keith, that's great you guys may be on the trail these guys want to run it, i'm sure RPS will be a big help to add to the fun! Take pics!

Founding Member of RCRC 4wd Club Scaramento, CA www.rcrc4x4.com
Pirate4x4.com Vendor & Toyota Truck and 4Runner Talk Forum Moderator

Official Hummer Forums "Rice Grinder"

http://www.rocknroll4x4.com
http://rubicontrailpatrol.org/index.php
http://www.friendsoftherubicon.com/
http://www.Pirate4x4.com Tool and Shop Talk, Vendor, & Toyota Truck and 4Runner Talk Forum Moderator
Old 10-01-2003, 08:51 PM

Thanks Steve. We ran last weekend and had a blast. We were gonan run Fordyce that weekend but I am trying to talk the guys intot he con so we can help guide the Hummer guys.....if they want it that is. Otherwise I jsut wanna see those things wheel

www.rps4wd.com
Old 10-01-2003, 08:54 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DRTYFN:

I am talking with my buddies about when we will actually get up there, where we'll stay Friday and when we'll hit the trail Saturday. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If I can help at all feel free to email me at kstrongsyj@yahoo.com

www.rps4wd.com
Old 10-01-2003, 09:05 PM
Hummer Messiah

Keith,
thanks for all of your help. I know that we'd really appreciate someone with experience on the 'con being there.
How's the fishing up there?
Old 10-02-2003, 12:42 AM

blackhawkdown is off the scale

I just want to clarify the picture of the grey wagon (not mine) that backed into the water on the trail. I was with the group. There were 3 H1's and 4 H2's on this trip. We started at Homewood and went in. Before we got to the first split we met some Jeeps heading out. This spot is right on the main trail and looks like a boat ramp. There are no obstacles between Homewood and this point so it very likey was a boat ramp. I was running tailgunner up to this point, but after this was asked to run lead.

We practiced "tread lightly" and did not traverse off the beaten path. We picked up and carrired out much more trash than we brought in.
Old 10-02-2003, 02:33 AM

DocH2 is off the scale

I was in front of Blackhawkdown in my H2 up to the point that we stopped at what looked like a boat ramp. It wasn't Kdio driving the H1 in the lake that you see. And like Blackhawk said...it did look like a boatramp/launch.

Thanks Dax for the use of the CB and I look forward to more trips with you. Seriously, I'm looking to sell my H2 and buy an H1 now. Keep me informed on any deals.
Old 10-02-2003, 12:58 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DRTYFN:
Keith,
thanks for all of your help. I know that we'd really appreciate someone with experience on the 'con being there.
How's the fishing up there?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is pretty good. Last weekend we caught a couple of 6-8 inchers with a club guys son. It looks like RPS is trying to plan a run for that weekend. In all liklihood we will be camped at Loon in the grounds just before the spillway...at least that is where tow rigs will be

www.rps4wd.com
Old 10-03-2003, 12:32 AM

H2Norcal is off the scale

I think we all have something to learn about navigating protected trails. Unfortunately not all of that wisdom comes instantly or instinctively. Thanks for some of the educating input on this thread.

Our trip to observation point was incredible. The Hummer is a great machine to slowly travel this type of trail (when used wisely).

Brian
h2norcal@sbcglobal.net
www.norcalhummergroup.org
Old 10-04-2003, 09:40 PM

Non-HH is off the scale

I feel the need to clarify and stress a couple things for those who haven't run the Rubicon.

First of all, some of the pics displayed by the newer non-H2 members are on the more extreme portions of the trail -- you will be able to bypass much of the extreme parts.

Secondly, running the trail from Tahoe to Observation point is nowhere near as difficult as some of what you'll find if you run the entire trail -- it doesn't even come close. Going from the Tahoe staging area down to Rubicon Springs and back is a bit better...but still not as difficult as other parts of the trail.

That said, I encourage you to give it a shot. I'm no Rubicon trail expert by any means, but I did run it a couple months ago with my "luxury-rice-burner" with some friends of mine.

My tips:
1- expect damage. expecially to your rocker panels, rear quarter panels and possibly your front quarter panels. You could ding a door or two. The H2 is pretty wide and parts of the trail are pretty narrow (with no bypass).
2- bring spare parts. an extra tie-rod, axle, CV joint, driveshaft might be required. Extra valve stems for your tires might come in handy too.
3- get as much armor/protection as you can on your undercarriage.

You'll have a blast as long as you go in ready for the possibility of carnage.

Have fun.
Doug
Old 10-05-2003, 01:12 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

I would like to thank everyone that has contributed information, opinions, links and pictures to this topic. It's really nice to see that we can all actually get along.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You said it DRTYFN!!!!! I'm very pleased to see these guys come along and so well fit in. Based on some "other forum" attacks in the past, we've all become leary of newcomers. AND other brands have their issues with figuring Hummer owners are a bunch of snobs & elitist who think they're better then everyone else.

It's great to see we can all get along and rise above the little issues. I only wish Kelley & Melissa could be here to see this.

In the end, we all just like to get out and enjoy the outdoors with our toys.

I have a completely unique idea....why not celebrate this collaboration of multi-brand cooperation with some kind of national holiday. We could call it....say....."Thanksgiving" and we could celebrate it every...say...November, on the 3rd Thursday of said month? That shouldn't conflict with any other dates.

Seriously...this is a good thing that I'm happy to see happening here.
Old 10-05-2003, 01:37 PM
Hummer Professional

Cranky Steve is an unknown quantity at this point

I glad to see this thread still going, and to also see the continued support from Wheelers no mater what brand rig.

Kudos to all!

Founding Member of RCRC 4wd Club Scaramento, CA www.rcrc4x4.com
Pirate4x4.com Vendor & Toyota Truck and 4Runner Talk Forum Moderator

Official Hummer Forums "Rice Grinder"

http://www.rocknroll4x4.com
http://rubicontrailpatrol.org/index.php
http://www.friendsoftherubicon.com/
http://www.Pirate4x4.com Tool and Shop Talk, Vendor, & Toyota Truck and 4Runner Talk Forum Moderator
Old 10-05-2003, 11:20 PM
Hummer Messiah

O.k. Guys & Gals,
It's getting close to our Rubicon Run and I'm curious as to how many of you will be showing up?

Please reply and also list what type of vehicle you'll be driving.
Old 10-06-2003, 12:32 AM
Hummer Messiah

Too many obligations till XMAS.

I`ll be thinking of you *******s when you`re up there.

Be careful and have FUN!!!!

He ain't heavy.....
He's ma HUMMER baby!
03 NUDE Pewter Lux H2
03 Dressed Range Rover

My Video Collectionez

Old 10-06-2003, 01:37 AM
Hummer Veteran

hognose is off the scale

DRTYFN,
Have you posted the itinerary? I'm gonna try to meet up with you guys but it depends on what your plans are. Sorry if I've missed where you posted this before but some specifics like when, where, how long, etc, will help me make the call. I live about 40 minutes from the head of the ruby but haven't quite bought in to running the whole thing yet. Thanks!

Chris
Old 10-06-2003, 01:47 AM
Hummer Messiah

I'll have an itinerary this week. Tentatively we're going to meet up at Loon Lake Friday at around 1:00pm and then wheel up to Spider Lake to camp that night. We'll get up Saturday morning to start the 'Con. Not sure if we'll run the whole trail.

Dennis,
I want you to go to your "special" corner and pray for some better language. And it's not *******s, it's rectums.
You didn't fire your secretary, did you?
Old 10-06-2003, 02:15 AM
Hummer Messiah

He ain't heavy.....
He's ma HUMMER baby!
03 NUDE Pewter Lux H2
03 Dressed Range Rover

My Video Collectionez