H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 08-16-2005, 04:06 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hummer destroyer:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummerNewbie:

I wouldn't throw that statement around because that is what some many say about the H2 and H3

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
At least he accepts the fact, And does not DENY it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It may be a fact for him but not for everyone. Don't think that anyone has ever disputed that there are individuals that buy them for this reason but that in no remote way means everyone does. That is his choice, I just don't want to hear that lame stereotype anymore.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 08-16-2005, 04:21 PM
Hummer Expert

Orbital H2 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">To HummerD,

Get a life! And, yes, the bank does own these cars.......just like the government owns the land that you reside on. Let's not forget how this all works, shall we? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Someone just go over to HDs Nursery and change his poopy pants, its not rage, the poor unfortunate child was left on the door step of some mission in the Mexican dessert and there is no one to care for him or change him.
Old 08-16-2005, 04:36 PM
Hummer Professional

wilfred is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sharkster:
I don't like desertfox' story for two reasons:

A) It shows an attitude that continously gets HUMMER owners in trouble. Nuff said... you guys know what I'm talking about.

B) The quoted mpg-comparison between pretty much all (current) Porsche models and an H2 is plainly wrong (assuming that he is not talking about the Porsche Cayenne SUV Turbo version, which is - to my understanding - not a real Porsche, and maybe that is the only P-car which comes closely to the fuel consumption of an H2... but only "closely").

The flat-6 engine of a Porsche (e.g. Carrera or Boxster) is highly prominent for its great fuel efficiency (considering its power output). It is a small modern engine, which has been continuously improved for almost 50 years now. So don't talk BS about P-cars, when you lack the ability to really compare.

That's also the main reason why I picked the H3 over the H2.

How I know all that stuff about P-cars (which aren't exotics in Germany at all, but H3s are!)?... Picture attached! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sharkster,

A) If you do not get the humor of the story, nevermind. Maybe because you are not here in US so you don't get the BS we get.

B) I don't know which quote are you referring to but I don't see anything wrong with the comparison in general. The 987 in the pic seems to be a non-S so it's a 2.7 liter, right? Real world mpg is what, 20? Comparing it to a H3 which probably gets high teens?

The 996 in the pic seems to be a Turbo and i know for a fact that is a gas guzzler. Real world mpg is 15-16 mpg if driven lightly! A little spirited driving you'll be looking at low teens. And my current 996 GT3 is getting 16 mpg but it has not been broken in yet so it may get better but it may get worse because I haven't even driven it past 4200 rpm yet

The Cayenne Turbo is in the same mpg neighborhood of the H2, if not worse depending on how you look at it. It does have much more hp but it is much smaller. Real world mpg is 12-13

Maybe you are getting much better mileage out there in the autobahn but here in US, real world mpg is not pretty. And that's what most tree huggers fail to realize, many cars out there are getting just as ****ty mpg but for whatever reason, only HUMMER gets the blame

Btw, which porsche forum do you go on, that picture looks familiar?
Old 08-16-2005, 04:46 PM
Hummer Professional

wilfred is off the scale

Hummerdestroyer, you still have not answer my question on the other thread so I am asking you again.

Why are you here?

Don't give me that free public forum crap because we know you are a freeloader already but what is your purpose here?

Why are you here?

Old 08-16-2005, 05:23 PM
Hummer Professional

md_sailor is off the scale

Speaking of Exotic's to own in addition to Hummers, Has anyone seen the New Cayman that Porsche is bringing to the market? It looks like a nice addition to the stable.
With regard to HummerDestroyer, How do you justify your forum name and why are you here causing trouble? Is your life that Pathetic and unfulfilled? It would seem that you could better allocate your time saving Spotted Owls or bearded Gecko's?
Old 08-16-2005, 05:52 PM
Hummer Expert

that Cayman is a pretty hot ride. I believe that if you were a PCA member on or before 7/1(???) you could pick one up for a reasonable price.
doesn't spotted owl taste a lot like bald eagle?
Old 08-16-2005, 06:00 PM

mr.jeepster is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by md_sailor:
Speaking of Exotic's to own in addition to Hummers, Has anyone seen the New Cayman that Porsche is bringing to the market? It looks like a nice addition to the stable.
With regard to HummerDestroyer, How do you justify your forum name and why are you here causing trouble? Is your life that Pathetic and unfulfilled? It would seem that you could better allocate your time saving Spotted Owls or bearded Gecko's? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

HD's father was a spotted owl and his mother was a bearded gecko.
For those of you with a sense of humor, glad you enjoyed the tale of my little run-in. For those whose brain-housing units are lacking content, well, I pity you. Lighten up a little. Laugh. Love. Enjoy. Discover a positive passion. Or please shut the **** up and leave me alone!

Scott - living, laughing, and loving life....
Old 08-16-2005, 06:04 PM
Hummer Professional

md_sailor is off the scale

All I can say to that is AMEN!
Old 08-16-2005, 06:44 PM
Hummer Messiah

CO Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wilfred:
Hummerdestroyer,
Why are you here? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's sort of told you already. He's the defender of the internet and is here speak up on behalf of the entire net:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hummer destroyer:
When you people can form a cohesive argument, MAYBE you might get some online respect from the rest of the net. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 08-16-2005, 06:52 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

BAH! He's getting boring.

My Video Collectionez

Old 08-16-2005, 07:26 PM
Hummer Professional

wilfred is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CO Hummer:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wilfred:
Hummerdestroyer,
Why are you here? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's sort of told you already. He's the defender of the internet and is here speak up on behalf of the entire net:

When you people can form a cohesive argument, MAYBE you might get some online respect from the rest of the net. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks to you COHummer, I am now cleaning coffee off of my monitor!!!
Old 08-16-2005, 07:59 PM
Hummer Veteran

Sharkster is off the scale

Sharkster,

A) If you do not get the humor of the story, nevermind. Maybe because you are not here in US so you don't get the BS we get.

B) I don't know which quote are you referring to but I don't see anything wrong with the comparison in general. The 987 in the pic seems to be a non-S so it's a 2.7 liter, right? Real world mpg is what, 20? Comparing it to a H3 which probably gets high teens?

The 996 in the pic seems to be a Turbo and i know for a fact that is a gas guzzler. Real world mpg is 15-16 mpg if driven lightly! A little spirited driving you'll be looking at low teens. And my current 996 GT3 is getting 16 mpg but it has not been broken in yet so it may get better but it may get worse because I haven't even driven it past 4200 rpm yet

The Cayenne Turbo is in the same mpg neighborhood of the H2, if not worse depending on how you look at it. It does have much more hp but it is much smaller. Real world mpg is 12-13

Maybe you are getting much better mileage out there in the autobahn but here in US, real world mpg is not pretty. And that's what most tree huggers fail to realize, many cars out there are getting just as ****ty mpg but for whatever reason, only HUMMER gets the blame

Btw, which porsche forum do you go on, that picture looks familiar? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Great comments... very competent, Wilfred... and yea... you identified all cars correctly. I also identified your GT3-II by the caps on the rims and the GT3-II wing. Great car. I hope you'll take it out to some trackdays... since that's what GT3s were originally built for.

I hang around at 6speedonline.com (my name is "Marx" there... The "Sharkster" guy at 6speedonline is NOT me) and at rennteam.com (my name is Martin J.S. there). I also run my own Porsche911 website (german) at evolution911.com or elfer-club.de.

I'm definitely into cars with an iconic design... which is the key reason why I got into HUMMERs.

However an H1 or an H2 is simply not driveable in German city traffic (some roads are waaaaaay too narrow to navigate anything bigger than an H3 through them). I had a Mercedes ML 320 before I got my H3... and boy am I happy with that ride.

GM is about to introduce the H3 here in Europe officially and I'm sure that it could be huge success since so many of my buddies got bored with the soft streamlined Euro-SUV style (ML, X5, Range Rover, Cayenne etc.).

I was among the first 20 guys to onw a H3 here in Germany... so you know that there is a demand for cubic styled off-road "machos" over here. Mercedes Benz is going to cease the "G-model" production (by replacing it with a bigger ML, called either "G" or "MLX") next month... so except for the Range Rover, no "rough" European cubic styled SUVs over here left.

Iconic cars like the H3 could take GM to new heights over here (where they tried to gain ground without any success in the past), but unfortunately, most European GM-dealers do not realize the chance they get through the H3. Anyway... not my problem.

I'm happy with my H3 (no probs whatsoever during the first 3k miles).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummerNewbie:
BTW, nice collection of vehicles you got there </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sharkster:
not a real Porsche,... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wouldn't throw that statement around because that is what some many say about the H2 and H3 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Well... BOTH... The HUMMER H3, H2 and the Porsche Cayenne do not live up to the original idea the brand was built on. That's a simple fact no one could deny.
Old 08-16-2005, 08:01 PM
Hummer Expert

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Another Howmuchamonther leasing a h2 to fit in with the joneses. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can't hardly say trying to fit in when I had never seen one before the one I bought
Old 08-16-2005, 08:30 PM
Hummer Messiah

CO Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

My point exactly. The difference? YOU CAN own the vehicles outright.

Another Howmuchamonther leasing a h2 to fit in with the joneses. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

HD,
I just want to formally THANK you for your very original insights and perspectives. This forum has been around for years and you are the very first to comment with these original thoughts. Wow! Keep them coming! Anxiously awaiting.....
Old 08-16-2005, 09:02 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

HD's troll rating continues to drop. Barely above a one. The repetition is terribly boring.
Old 08-16-2005, 09:22 PM
Hummer Expert

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">HD's troll rating continues to drop. Barely above a one. The repetition is terribly boring. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He sounds like one of those left wing tree huggers, "tell yourself the lie enough times and it becomes the truth..."
Old 08-16-2005, 10:35 PM

Mr. Jeep is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mrs. Desert Fox:
To HummerD,

Get a life! And, yes, the bank does own these cars.......just like the government owns the land that you reside on. Let's not forget how this all works, shall we? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Another Howmuchamonther leasing a h2 to fit in with the joneses. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are a moron. You have a problem with me financing a vehicle? My choice! Do you own a house? Doubt it! If you do, do you make a payment? Probably! If you own it outright, do you pay taxes? Gotcha there!!! This means you don't own the land or the house it sits on! There are people that live in the box and people that choose to step outside the lines. Everyone here obviously knows where you reside. Financial success is only achieved by those who choose to take chances and your box is probably getting smaller and smaller by the day. Hopefully it squishes you in to gush soon so you will go away. I am certain that this forum is tired of hearing your obnoxious bull****.

Next time I step in some gushy stuff on the street, I'll think of you and throw the shoes away. Wouldn't want you to rub off on me!

Have a great day!!

y\'all are fools
Old 08-16-2005, 10:38 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mrs. Desert Fox:
To HummerD,

Oh, and by the way, I am the "Joneses"!!!

y\'all are fools
Old 08-16-2005, 10:41 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CO Hummer:

HD,
I just want to formally THANK you for your very original insights and perspectives. This forum has been around for years and you are the very first to comment with these original thoughts. Wow! Keep them coming! Anxiously awaiting..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh no! We have another no life, get a job, moron entering the forum. One was enough!

y\'all are fools