H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 05-05-2005, 12:01 PM

Dallion is off the scale

Wow that’s some pretty fierce off-roading you were doing in your G-wagon, I never would have attempted the rocky-12-degree-hill-that-looks-like-my-neighbors-driveway obstacle. Maybe you can Photoshop it and show me the line you took incase I ever have to go to his house.

As far as the H2's DNA (heritage as you call it) well it is still assembled by AM General. GM purchased the rights to use the 'Hummer' name, as well as provided their basic truck platform for the vehicle to be built off of, which was then modified heavily. Did most of the parks come from the GM Parts bin? Sure they did. Does that make the H2 an inferior vehicle because of it? Absolutely not.

Parts are parts. No matter who manufactures them, at some point someone has to make them. I fail to see the relevance of 'who makes the part' lets all laugh because most of the parts on your G say 'Daimler-Chrysler' on them.

Your G is a 2004 model, which is well after the Daimler-Chrysler merger. All of the engineering now (and since 2000) has been done in the United States, by Chrysler engineers. They are also the ones responsible the new mall-queen G-Wagon that’s going to replace the model you currently drive.

My point here is that a manufacture does not make a vehicle inferior solely because of their name. The main thing that makes any off-road vehicle a poor performer is an inexperienced driver.

I have been on off-roading trips where posers in HEAVILY modified Jeeps (yes some of them even Rubicon’s) failed to keep up with us after one or two obstacles. Likewise I have wheeled with folks who kept up with me fine in a Nissan Pathfinder with mud tires and a 4" lift.

See my point? It's not what you drive; it’s how you drive it. And yes I am educated and informed on the history and development of Hummers, all the way back to the HMMWV. But if you would like some reference material to educate yourself, there is a wonderful book available by clicking here
Old 05-05-2005, 12:13 PM

maz is off the scale

PhilD,

Not sure if you are trying to be amusing or simply sarcastic. But stereotyping H2 owners into 2 catagories; bush buggy operators and "mall queens" is not doing H2 operators any justice. In fact it is playing into the hands of those tree hugging grads that think we should only commute by bus.

With regards to my travelling, all that I can say is we do not all have the luxury of living and working in the same location. However being stuck in disneyland and not able to find the exit is not my definition of fun either.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhilD:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LonghornRockcrawler:
maz-

Boo hoo. So sorry you're offended.

No really.

Shouldn't you be off to one of the corners now? Buh bye. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> That is too funny! Of course I'm far too polite to say such things, but you do have a point </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 05-05-2005, 12:22 PM
Hummer Professional

jfox is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by maz:
...However being stuck in disneyland and not able to find the exit is not my definition of fun either. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now that sounds like fun to me!!!

J.
Old 05-05-2005, 12:22 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Damn, I didn't have the patience to pay any attention to this before. Some guy in a G-wagon on an H2 forum praising a rubi....... It all just gets old sometimes. Anyway, I decided to scan the posts and there is this one sentence that might change this conversation. It will be interesting to see. <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhillyPhreak:
The new longer wheel based rubi is what I would buy if I were in the market for a new jeep. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thai-baby, you see. You can read all of the 4x4 magazines, pretend to know all you want to know. It all doesn't trump experience. Dana 44, crawl ratio, locker, solid axles........ All of that doesn't mean crap if it isn't packaged correctly. It is the sum of the parts that make a vehicle work, not the individual parts and to have one or two supposedly better components is not going to overcome other inherent bad designs. Wheeling it and testing is the way you determine, not spouting statistics and component names.

So, if one of us were to go to a G-wagon site and say that the H2 can wheel better than the G, you think the members of that site are just going to lay down and not say anything (even though it would be correct).
Old 05-05-2005, 12:49 PM
Hummer Professional

Longhorn is off the scale

Maz-

Phil is a really nice guy and would never intentionally stereotype or judge you.

I, (on the other hand) think you're a sniffling little whiner whose fishing for sympathy and attention. Maybe I'm wrong, but your track record of 10 lack luster posts has made me lose a several IQ points.

You'd better leave now so you don't miss your Lufthansa connection in Franfurt. Buh bye.
Old 05-05-2005, 01:59 PM

maz is off the scale

Well, my apologies Phil, I thought that those comments were sent from you.

However Longhornrockcrawler a.k.a Bovine prairie oyster fondler, I am not looking for attention nor am I a whiner. It is interesting to see that you have the ability to past judgment on someone without even knowing him. You need to understand that cow patties are not rocks regardless on how big they are.

Granted I am a new user of the forum. Big deal. So were you at one point. So what if I have asked others, opinions on certain items that interest ME. I could care less if they interest you or not. Non-traditional “Longhorn” breeding techniques do not concern me. By the way what size of a rubber boot do you wear anyways? For the record, I am here to exchange information that might prove helpful to me and possibly someone else. PERIOD. Being a clown like you with wiseass comments makes me think that your chewing tobacco has affected more then the color of your teeth, if you still have any.

You are unfortunately the exact stereotypical H2 owner that I do not want to be part of. You are the reason why some of us get cussed at; as some of the public see us H2 owners as don’t give a **** about anything kind of people. Thank God I do not live close to your inbred sorry ass as I can only imagine what reputation your mouth generates in PR for other local H2 owners.

By the way I can see that your knowledge of Germany is little to none. The name of the city is Frankfurt. Spend more time with your websters and less time sniffing gas and you might come off as something more then a person that survived Waco or was that Wacko?
Old 05-05-2005, 02:38 PM

Thai is off the scale

I did not bring up any insults to H2...until one of your members insulted my ride.

As far as praising Rubicon, please re-read what i wrote.

In fact, did i even mentiion H2 vs. G500 until one of you guys mentioned it (and insult me in the process).

The only things that DC added to G-wagen were interior and stability control. Lockers, axles, and frame have been around for years...25 years to be exact.

If you go to JeepsUnlimited.com, then you will see that most off-roaders use the Rubicon as the starting point in their mods. If you were to buy the Rubicon-equivalent parts aftermarket, your Jeep will be MORE expensive than the Rubicon price. Price it out for yourself.

Paragon...so, are you saying that the Rubicon is not packaged right from the factory?? From what i hear, the Rubicon package is quite durable & reliable.

Sfox, doesn't Jeep have events for owners too?? As for H2 owners offroadig more than Jeep's, i doubt it. There is as much bling-bling H2 owners as G-wagen's. Jeep owners have forever held the title for highest percentage of off-roading among all manufacturers.

Again, i hate Jeeps...except the Rubicon, which i think is a great package. Like you guys, it's just not very appealing as an overall package for me to buy. My G-wagen is my daily driver, along with being my off-roading ride. I don't plan on putting Swampers or lift my G...because i also want durability, safety, and reliability. I just want a rig that will travel to most places (scenic places), like Utah & Colorado.
Old 05-05-2005, 02:58 PM
Banned

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Thai:
If you go to JeepsUnlimited.com, then you will see that most off-roaders use the Rubicon as the starting point in their mods. If you were to buy the Rubicon-equivalent parts aftermarket, your Jeep will be MORE expensive than the Rubicon price. Price it out for yourself.

Paragon...so, are you saying that the Rubicon is not packaged right from the factory?? From what i hear, the Rubicon package is quite durable & reliable. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Perhaps you need to re-read what you write yourself.

But, no, if that's what I wanted to say, I would have said that. I said what I said and I'll add to it. You spouted components and statistics in deference to experience. Simply put the vehicle as a whole is what matters. It's quite ignorant to argue that the rubi is better because it's smaller and can fit between two rocks. I mean, using that logic, an ATV would be a better option. The point that many have tried to make is that the stance of the H2 provides more stability than the rubi in many situations. Not many here are knocking the rubi nor are suggesting that the H2 "beats" the rubi in every wheeling situation but you are a G-wagon owner arguing about the rubi in an H2 forum and you don't have the experience to make the argument. So, I guess, why are you here arguing?
Old 05-05-2005, 03:13 PM

Hart1 is off the scale

I do love my Pinz.....

Old 05-05-2005, 03:26 PM
Hummer Professional

Harley is off the scale

http://www.offroaders.com/readers/pinzgauer.htm

Old 05-05-2005, 03:30 PM
Banned

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hart1:
I do love my Pinz..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>You love your VW buses too, don't you.
Old 05-05-2005, 03:55 PM

maz is off the scale

I could not agree with you more. The use of the truck is entirely up to the purchaser. I further agree that some of the mods such as 24 inch rims certainly imair my ability to go wheeling in the back 40. However I nder purchased the vehicle for that. I use my atv and argo for that purpose. But again to each his own.

I just think that the use of such discritptives can be expected from someone who dislikes the H2. However I would have hoped that all H2 owners share a common interest in that they enjoy their vehicle regardless of the purpose the purchased it for. To pigeon hole a vehicle because of a few modifications such as the application of 24" rims and call it a mall queen I think is a bit much. Remember I can always change up tot he stocks and go 4 wheeling with the best of them.
Old 05-05-2005, 05:02 PM
Hummer Professional

Longhorn is off the scale

Ok maz-

You get a break now. Thanks for sending a little bs back my way. This is all in good fun.

Ok, my turn. I don't really understand the boot comment but I wear a size 15. Translation: it will go along way up your silly Canadian ass, eh?

Nobody hates you. No one here is discriminating against you because your truck has never seen dirt. Put away the soapbox and stop being such a martyr.

I have first hand knowledge of Frankfurt. My spelling typo only proves that my IQ is indeed rapidly dropping as a result of your moronic posts. To that end, I should probably throw in the towel before I drop below 90. I don't have much intellect to spare.

Thanks for playing. Its good to see you can dish it back.
Old 05-05-2005, 05:25 PM

maz is off the scale

Thanks for the reply.

Actually I am an Amercian living in Canada because I cannot stand the puke of a President that you Texans elected to send to DC. If that is the best you got, it is no wonder why your IQ is slipping.

So before you start thinking about my "silly Canadian ass Eh, you need to take a little vacation from thos longhorns as my ass has about as much hair. If that is appealing to you, then maybe you have just startted a new subcatagory of hummer owners; "bush queen".
Old 05-05-2005, 05:27 PM

maz is off the scale

Good enough for me Phil. Happy trails.
Old 05-05-2005, 05:27 PM
Banned

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by maz:
I could not agree with you more. The use of the truck is entirely up to the purchaser. I further agree that some of the mods such as 24 inch rims certainly imair my ability to go wheeling in the back 40. However I nder purchased the vehicle for that. I use my atv and argo for that purpose. But again to each his own.

I just think that the use of such discritptives can be expected from someone who dislikes the H2. However I would have hoped that all H2 owners share a common interest in that they enjoy their vehicle regardless of the purpose the purchased it for. To pigeon hole a vehicle because of a few modifications such as the application of 24" rims and call it a mall queen I think is a bit much. Remember I can always change up tot he stocks and go 4 wheeling with the best of them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Let me get this straight. Your little spazzed out hissy-fit is because of the quote below from Phil. This one solitary sentence spun you around so much that you felt directly offended and further felt the need to defend yourself. By the way, you are the only one here that even knew you were driving the pimped out mall queen. You could have just moved on and said nothing and no one would have been the wiser. Now everyone knows, and also knows that you have some sort of complex about it. So much so that you feel a person that didn't even know you existed singled you out with the following post.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhilD:
Just as not all Jeep folks are not like that, not all H2's are Pimp My Ride mall queens. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>