H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 12-16-2004, 05:52 AM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL!

My Video Collectionez

Old 12-16-2004, 06:18 AM

Arnold McBain is off the scale

Skipped the answers? Er...what part of mine didn't you get. Sorry if it was too subtle. I notice there's not a lot of that around here.

So, I'll spell it out slowly: I beleive that you have the right to drive or wear or believe whatever you want. There's just one more step to being adult called social responsiblity. It usually starts with understanding the facts, thinking about actions, and then acting accordingly.

So I would not "have' anyone do anything except think, really.

Have you thought about my question? Or do you feel satisfied with just making threats that only show your lack of an answer?

What is your excuse for throwing away resources people are dying for? And if you have none, why are you so put off by "negative comments?"

Me? Well, I'm obviously liberal, and also atheist and upper-middle class. I drive an 88 Honda Accord, so you can rip me about that I guess.

But really, I just don't get why people think it's socially OK to just espouse flagrant waste, like GM does with its Hummer marketing, and that people actually fall for it, and then drive these things through America's streets as the nation is in war to keep them fuled.

Why don't you believe we should be lowering average gas milage instead of increasing it? Why isn't that a no-brainer?

Cranky prick? Maybe. But I'll lighten up as soon as I find some rational discussion...but maybe not here either.
Old 12-16-2004, 06:18 AM

Skipped the answers? Er...what part of mine didn't you get. Sorry if it was too subtle. I notice there's not a lot of that around here.

So, I'll spell it out slowly: I beleive that you have the right to drive or wear or believe whatever you want. There's just one more step to being adult called social responsiblity. It usually starts with understanding the facts, thinking about actions, and then acting accordingly.

So I would not "have' anyone do anything except think, really.

Have you thought about my question? Or do you feel satisfied with just making threats that only show your lack of an answer?

What is your excuse for throwing away resources people are dying for? And if you have none, why are you so put off by "negative comments?"

Me? Well, I'm obviously liberal, and also atheist and upper-middle class. I drive an 88 Honda Accord, so you can rip me about that I guess.

But really, I just don't get why people think it's socially OK to just espouse flagrant waste, like GM does with its Hummer marketing, and that people actually fall for it, and then drive these things through America's streets as the nation is in war to keep them fuled.

Why don't you believe we should be lowering average gas milage instead of increasing it? Why isn't that a no-brainer?

Cranky prick? Maybe. But I'll lighten up as soon as I find some rational discussion...but maybe not here either.
Old 12-16-2004, 06:22 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DennisAJC:
LOL! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, good one, that. I'm with ya, bud.
Old 12-16-2004, 06:22 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DennisAJC:
LOL! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, good one, that. I'm with ya, bud.
Old 12-16-2004, 08:20 AM

Sideshow is off the scale

I fought for this country and will drive WHATEVER I damn well please. I have that right and NOBODY is going to take it from me.
Old 12-16-2004, 08:20 AM

Sideshow is off the scale

I fought for this country and will drive WHATEVER I damn well please. I have that right and NOBODY is going to take it from me.
Old 12-16-2004, 11:38 AM
Hummer Veteran

BIGT is off the scale

A 1988 Honda? Not even an American car. A Jap piece of ****? And an old one at that! What kind of commie are you? That import dumps out more toxins’s than new H2 does. Why not by a Saturn or something more eco-acceptable? Now why don't you tell me what you do for our wonderful world and how many people you employ and provide a living for? Or should I assume that our country provides for your feeble existence?
Old 12-16-2004, 11:38 AM
Hummer Veteran

BIGT is off the scale

A 1988 Honda? Not even an American car. A Jap piece of ****? And an old one at that! What kind of commie are you? That import dumps out more toxins’s than new H2 does. Why not by a Saturn or something more eco-acceptable? Now why don't you tell me what you do for our wonderful world and how many people you employ and provide a living for? Or should I assume that our country provides for your feeble existence?
Old 12-16-2004, 11:52 AM
Hummer Authority

devilsfan is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Arnold McBain:
But tell me why Hummers, and other city-driven SUVs aren't wasteful of limited resources, namely the fossil fuel over which we're fighting a war and losing soldiers? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, don't even touch the military subject. You ask ANY soldier if they're fighting a gas war and they will tell you completely differently. I know too many who have bought mammoth SUVs with their hazard pay. Obviously, if buying more gas was causing their deployments and fellow soldiers to die, wouldn't there be more sales of hybrids? This is a subject you best leave alone. Bash the truck if you don't want one, I could care less, but leave our military out of it.

Stacy
Old 12-16-2004, 11:52 AM
Hummer Authority

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Arnold McBain:
But tell me why Hummers, and other city-driven SUVs aren't wasteful of limited resources, namely the fossil fuel over which we're fighting a war and losing soldiers? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, don't even touch the military subject. You ask ANY soldier if they're fighting a gas war and they will tell you completely differently. I know too many who have bought mammoth SUVs with their hazard pay. Obviously, if buying more gas was causing their deployments and fellow soldiers to die, wouldn't there be more sales of hybrids? This is a subject you best leave alone. Bash the truck if you don't want one, I could care less, but leave our military out of it.

Stacy
Old 12-16-2004, 12:44 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Yep, the kid's must be out for the holidays.

First, speaking of an ignorant viewpoint, exacty what part of the Iraq war ameliorates the US oil reserves. You know, especially seeing as how the gas prices in the US react hourly to what OPEC says or does. If you don't understand helping another person free themselves from the bonds of a dictator who tortured and killed, not only his own people, but was a threat to other sovereign nations around him, then it's a moot point to discuss any further. In 2 or 3 years, when you are old enough, why don't you serve a tour for your country so you can understand what really matters and what it really means to be an American. Since you are so flippant about those who make the ultimate sacrifice just so you can pretend to be the rebel teenager.

Second, SUVs "driving around on our cities' streets" makes much more sense than a pickup that can carry 2 people and gets the same gas mileage as the SUVs you so love to hate. Please explain to us why it is so convenient to jump on a liberal cause, albeit a farcical one, about SUVs when pickup trucks have been running around our city streets burning the same, and the same amount, of fossil fuels as your little banner vehicle, the SUV. Not to mention that, no matter what, the pickup until recently, would only sit 2 people. No, no, don't even try to jump in here and provide the ignorant remarks of the liberals you aspire to be and say that SUVs are running around only carrying the driver. Yeah, go ahead and make the comment about soccer moms. Because that soccer mom vehicle can run around your precious, fragile city ferrying her kids around and then turn around and haul the boat to the lake for the weekend (along with daddy and all of the kids and their luggage). Try that in you inefficient, fume spewing, '88 Honda. Sure blame the soccer mom because she and her family can't afford to have a car, a minivan and a pickup truck to pull the boat with.

Oh, I'm sorry, we totally even forgot what SUV is an acronym for.

As far as the nature of this thread. You don't see anyone discussing selling their H2 because ignorant little pissants such as you flip them off or say something negative, do you. No, it's because we really do not care what those people think about our choice of vehicle to drive. Just because something is discussed does not automatically correlate to some worry about the subject. Most of us are just amazed at the nature of the people who actually do have negative comments. Many of us have had this same experience from the same idiots with other vehicles that they are obviously jealous of. So, you can type to attempt to discount the jealousy angle, but it doesn't negate the truth. Why do these same people flip off and fling insults to those driving exotic sports cars? Oops, another thing that wasting liberals won't bother complaining about. What about those cars that burn fossil fuels for no other reason but to look good (seeing as how they can't be driven even close to their capabilities legally).

My fingers are getting tired or I could go on and on and on and on about how inane this line of thinking is. You seem to be so dense that you didn't realize that the liberals alread tried to push this agenda and quickly figured out, in light of actual facts, that it didn't have any legs. Find another cause, find God, and reconsider your complete bassackwards outlook on life.
Old 12-16-2004, 12:44 PM
Banned

Yep, the kid's must be out for the holidays.

First, speaking of an ignorant viewpoint, exacty what part of the Iraq war ameliorates the US oil reserves. You know, especially seeing as how the gas prices in the US react hourly to what OPEC says or does. If you don't understand helping another person free themselves from the bonds of a dictator who tortured and killed, not only his own people, but was a threat to other sovereign nations around him, then it's a moot point to discuss any further. In 2 or 3 years, when you are old enough, why don't you serve a tour for your country so you can understand what really matters and what it really means to be an American. Since you are so flippant about those who make the ultimate sacrifice just so you can pretend to be the rebel teenager.

Second, SUVs "driving around on our cities' streets" makes much more sense than a pickup that can carry 2 people and gets the same gas mileage as the SUVs you so love to hate. Please explain to us why it is so convenient to jump on a liberal cause, albeit a farcical one, about SUVs when pickup trucks have been running around our city streets burning the same, and the same amount, of fossil fuels as your little banner vehicle, the SUV. Not to mention that, no matter what, the pickup until recently, would only sit 2 people. No, no, don't even try to jump in here and provide the ignorant remarks of the liberals you aspire to be and say that SUVs are running around only carrying the driver. Yeah, go ahead and make the comment about soccer moms. Because that soccer mom vehicle can run around your precious, fragile city ferrying her kids around and then turn around and haul the boat to the lake for the weekend (along with daddy and all of the kids and their luggage). Try that in you inefficient, fume spewing, '88 Honda. Sure blame the soccer mom because she and her family can't afford to have a car, a minivan and a pickup truck to pull the boat with.

Oh, I'm sorry, we totally even forgot what SUV is an acronym for.

As far as the nature of this thread. You don't see anyone discussing selling their H2 because ignorant little pissants such as you flip them off or say something negative, do you. No, it's because we really do not care what those people think about our choice of vehicle to drive. Just because something is discussed does not automatically correlate to some worry about the subject. Most of us are just amazed at the nature of the people who actually do have negative comments. Many of us have had this same experience from the same idiots with other vehicles that they are obviously jealous of. So, you can type to attempt to discount the jealousy angle, but it doesn't negate the truth. Why do these same people flip off and fling insults to those driving exotic sports cars? Oops, another thing that wasting liberals won't bother complaining about. What about those cars that burn fossil fuels for no other reason but to look good (seeing as how they can't be driven even close to their capabilities legally).

My fingers are getting tired or I could go on and on and on and on about how inane this line of thinking is. You seem to be so dense that you didn't realize that the liberals alread tried to push this agenda and quickly figured out, in light of actual facts, that it didn't have any legs. Find another cause, find God, and reconsider your complete bassackwards outlook on life.
Old 12-16-2004, 02:23 PM
Hummer Veteran

sbmike is off the scale

Bain of your own existence: My only comment in response to your original post is: what does it say about the collective intelligence (or more accurately the lack of intelligence) of folks on 145 pages of photos flipping off an inanimate object? Now, if they were flipping off the actual drivers of the H2's TO THEIR FACES, your posting here might make more sense. But, of course, that would never happen, would it? Safely hidden in your POS you can show how politically correct you think you are (by photographing it, no less!) without suffering the consequences of actually standing up for your beliefs, face to face with the supposed "offender". It's back to one of my main beliefs about the general culture of our country these days where folks seem to think: "If I don't agree with it, it's wrong"... end of story.
Old 12-16-2004, 02:23 PM
Hummer Veteran

sbmike is off the scale

Bain of your own existence: My only comment in response to your original post is: what does it say about the collective intelligence (or more accurately the lack of intelligence) of folks on 145 pages of photos flipping off an inanimate object? Now, if they were flipping off the actual drivers of the H2's TO THEIR FACES, your posting here might make more sense. But, of course, that would never happen, would it? Safely hidden in your POS you can show how politically correct you think you are (by photographing it, no less!) without suffering the consequences of actually standing up for your beliefs, face to face with the supposed "offender". It's back to one of my main beliefs about the general culture of our country these days where folks seem to think: "If I don't agree with it, it's wrong"... end of story.
Old 12-16-2004, 03:13 PM
Hummer Authority

What I want to know is, what exactly do you have going on in your life to cause this much hatred towards a total stranger based only on the car they drive? You don't know anything about us. You don't know anything about those H2 drivers on the FUH2 site. There are people on here who may have donated what amounts to years for Habitat for Humanity. People who have raised 14 foster kids as their own. Others who have donated their time and their company's time to building schools and shelters. Others who have truly made a difference by helping others....yet you flip them off because of their choice of transportation? If that's how you measure a person's value and worth in life, by what they drive, then that's pretty sad. I think morals, integrity, and leaving a positive mark on the lives of others is a lot more important than the fact I drive a vehicle that gets 12 mpg. Which is 2 mpg BETTER than the old Chevy pickup I traded in, mind you.

Stacy
Old 12-16-2004, 03:13 PM
Hummer Authority

What I want to know is, what exactly do you have going on in your life to cause this much hatred towards a total stranger based only on the car they drive? You don't know anything about us. You don't know anything about those H2 drivers on the FUH2 site. There are people on here who may have donated what amounts to years for Habitat for Humanity. People who have raised 14 foster kids as their own. Others who have donated their time and their company's time to building schools and shelters. Others who have truly made a difference by helping others....yet you flip them off because of their choice of transportation? If that's how you measure a person's value and worth in life, by what they drive, then that's pretty sad. I think morals, integrity, and leaving a positive mark on the lives of others is a lot more important than the fact I drive a vehicle that gets 12 mpg. Which is 2 mpg BETTER than the old Chevy pickup I traded in, mind you.

Stacy
Old 12-16-2004, 04:29 PM
Banned

I imagined or wished for the power of a Jedi. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 12-16-2004, 04:29 PM
Banned

I imagined or wished for the power of a Jedi. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 12-16-2004, 04:30 PM
Banned

I've imagined myself as a Jedi as long as I can remember. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>