H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 10-30-2005, 04:33 PM

TootsSUT is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bondage:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:
From a gentlemanly standpoint visual confirmation is fine. No need to report tactile confirmation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I will not, repeat, will not, report tactile confirmation if and when it does or has happened.

But take a look at her pics. OMG

Sean
ps - Jen, I love you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Once again, talking about me like I'm not here!!!

No tactile confirmation happening here. You can bet your ass on it!

You can tell I'm in a really good mood right now, can't ya Bond? I think my girlfriend might have a picture of you in the pictures she took, atleast I hope so. I'm having her get right on it!! Didn't think you'd get away that easily, did ya???

\'05 Black SUT LUX/ADV package
Old 10-30-2005, 07:08 PM

FreeorDie2 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bondage:

FreeorDie,

You are wasting your time here. It's like having a college professor lecturing quantum physics to a kindergarten class. Discretion is the better part of valor. You should smile, surrender, and move on.

Sean </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably good advice. . .and though I rarely smile and never surrender, I don't mind movin' on when I'm wasting my time. But I haven't gotten to that point yet (close maybe). There's always the chance that things like fact and truth can penetrate. At least, one can hope. . .
1994 Pearl Yellow Dodge Stealth R/T Twin Turbo
Old 10-30-2005, 07:27 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by slgcmng:
My opinion is that I feel it is wrong for them to be making that much of a profit when there is really no other alternative to fuel. I feel that there should be government restictions due to the fact there are no alternatives. If it were another company like Walmart making that much, then so be it. There are tons of other places to buy food and other household items. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Slgcmng. . . When you say restrictions, I'm not sure you understand the implications. Were you an adult during the price controls imposed during the Nixon administration? Do you understand what happens when prices are "restricted?" Here's how it works:

When supply goes down or demand goes up, the price increases. This does a couple of things, one being to reduce demand. Another of the benefits of the increased price is that it provides motivation to increase supply. When supply increases and or demand decreases, the price gets back to a stable, balanced point.

If prices are restricted, there is no motivation to increase supply and there is no incentive to decrease demand. That means that supply cannot match demand and although you get a stable price, supply dwindles. That means that you can buy the gas cheap -- if you are lucky enough to find it. And since other countries won't have the restrictions and will be willing to pay the market price, they will get the oil and gas. In other words, any restrictions will eventually result in no gas at all.

And by the way, if you take a look, you'll find that Exxon's profit ratio -- even at $10 billion -- is not significantly above that of any other industry and during most quarters, it's about the same.
Old 10-30-2005, 08:09 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:
First it doesn't address the price at the pump at all and secondly, I think you must be above your pay grade here. "wins the argument." Is that what you are trying to do? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What are you trying to say with this "wins the argument" stuff? You are presenting a point of view that doesn't comport with fact or reality. There's no argument here -- I'm simply trying to help you see a different point of view. Or is that your way of simply trying to silence people with whom you disagree? Rather than do that, why don't you pay attention and learn something.

And when you say that everything previously written doesn't address the price at the pump, you are not making any sense. Do you know what goes into the price at the pump? Everything involved in recovering, refining and distributing gasoline down to and including the salaries of those work at the gas station. And I'm not sure if it was you or someone else who mentioned it, but gas stations do indeed have to price gas based on the next tanker load, not the one just delivered. If a tanker load costs $10K and is priced at the pump so that all overhead is paid with $10K left over to buy the next load and it costs $11K, the station owner is going to be in the hole.

The price here in New Hampshire is down to around $2.30 per gallon from over $3.00. . .and that's roughly where it was before the storm disrupted everything. That proves that market pricing works. And the oil companies will undoubtedly try to use the profit to increase supply. But it doesn't happen in one calendar quarter. And it doesn't happen when government regulations and leaf-licker lawsuits prevent oil companies from drilling new wells, building new refineries, and improving the distribution process.
Old 10-30-2005, 08:17 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I can't believe you are still here trying to peddle supply/demand. I certainly don't agree with any restrictions or stupid excise taxes or any of the democratic junk that has been proposed. All I am in favor of is simple anti-trust investigations just like what took place with Microsoft and the multitudes of other industries in the past that engaged in price fixing.

I have spoon fed all of this information to you for you to simply go and try to dispute so that you could read and understand it all for yourselves. Exxon/Mobil, Chevron/Texaco, Dutch Shell, all have admitted to price fixing in the United States. Not openly admitted it but have admitted it in one form or the other.

Back a few years ago when gas was so cheap and OPEC decided to lessen output to raise the price per barrel, US refineries did the same thing. They lessened output BUT, and most importantly HELD shipments to artificially affect the supply at the retail level. This was brought out through a Congressional Investigation but nothing was ever done about it. To this day since, they have become much more aggressive with their pricing schemes and the BS about supply and our lack of additional refineries is just that, BS. We currently have more than enough production ability even operating at less than 100%.

The other side of this is the energy futures market and why it's been so great in the past 3 or 4 years. This manipulation of the supply by the oil companies keeps futures trading high and keeps margins high. Not a conspiracy but a side result of who do you think is trading in the futures?

If you can't get it from here, there's nothing much else I can say. If all you can do is keep saying it's supply and demand and copy what the oil companies' rhetoric is without offering any arguments against the points brought up or any other useful information, why continue making a fool of yourself. If you think I am wrong or inaccurate, fine. Look it up and then wait and see.

But first explain why retail fuel prices jumped 150% in less than 4 years when demand did not and supply was not effected over that time. And explain why in the past week retail gas prices fell 20% to levels not seen since April of this year, but alas diesel fuel has not.

When you supply/demand scholars can explain the immediate fluctuations and the few above points, you might then have a handle on why the US Congress, economists, business owners and multitudes of others are questioning why the retail fuel market is such that it is.
Old 10-30-2005, 08:17 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by slgcmng:

thanks for making me laugh again. keep them coming.

I wsan't aware of the time restriction for opinions on members. Should I wait another couple of years to put an opinion out there? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No restriction on opinion, just trying to help you out on some of the whys and hows. You can have your opinion, it's just that it won't have any validity. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let me get this staight. . .according to you, the validity of a person's opinions is predicated not on the correctness or verifiability of the facts involved, but on the length of time they've been posting in the Hummer Forum??????

Fascinating. . .
Old 10-30-2005, 08:21 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FreeorDie2:
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

JEEEZUS!!!!

SHUT THE FAWK UP ALREADY!!!

GET OVER IT! YOUR 3 POSTS IN A ROW JUST MAKES YOU LOOK DESPERATE AND MORE STUPID.
Attached Images

My Video Collectionez

Old 10-30-2005, 08:27 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DennisAJC:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FreeorDie2:
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

JEEEZUS!!!!

SHUT THE FAWK UP ALREADY!!!

GET OVER IT! YOUR 3 POSTS IN A ROW JUST MAKES YOU LOOK DESPERATE AND MORE STUPID.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let me tell you what F'wad, you can kiss my ass after you pull your head out of Paragon's lap.

You don't like it? Tough sh*t.
Old 10-30-2005, 08:37 PM
Banned

I wsan't aware of the time restriction for opinions on members. Should I wait another couple of years to put an opinion out there? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No restriction on opinion, just trying to help you out on some of the whys and hows. You can have your opinion, it's just that it won't have any validity. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let me get this staight. . .according to you, the validity of a person's opinions is predicated not on the correctness or verifiability of the facts involved, but on the length of time they've been posting in the Hummer Forum??????

Fascinating. . . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Oh, I can quote correct and verifiable facts but it doesn't mean that they offer any validity to and discussion being had. Plenty of stupid MFs like you have shown up here pretending to know more than their 11 year old brother but until you have proven yourself, just as in life, anything you say doesn't mean squat.

I have over 6,000 posts. Go though my 6,000 posts and find where I have given out false information or mispoke about something except when in jest or the occasional mistake. I, personally, don't make it a habit of discussing in a public forum something that is well beyond my comprehension, as you seem to relish in doing. You seem to obviously do it often and never "give up" on looking so damn stupid either. Pig-headedness like that won't get you very far in this forum.

You can discuss your points but when you start with semantics and the other BS and are obviously trying to talk about something you know very little about, you are going to get the treatment here. Just the nature of this forum. You should get used to it if you plan on hanging around.
Old 10-30-2005, 08:54 PM

Fascinating. . . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Oh, I can quote correct and verifiable facts but it doesn't mean that they offer any validity to and discussion being had. Plenty of stupid MFs like you have shown up here pretending to know more than their 11 year old brother but until you have proven yourself, just as in life, anything you say doesn't mean squat.

I have over 6,000 posts. Go though my 6,000 posts and find where I have given out false information or mispoke about something except when in jest or the occasional mistake. I, personally, don't make it a habit of discussing in a public forum something that is well beyond my comprehension, as you seem to relish in doing. You seem to obviously do it often and never "give up" on looking so damn stupid either. Pig-headedness like that won't get you very far in this forum.

You can discuss your points but when you start with semantics and the other BS and are obviously trying to talk about something you know very little about, you are going to get the treatment here. Just the nature of this forum. You should get used to it if you plan on hanging around. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let me square you away real quick so there's no confusion. I'll hang around as long as I want to. I'll post what I want to. The fact that you and you're little sycophantic buddy have been posting for nearly 4 years and have 6K posts plus makes no difference to me at all. That and $.75 will get you a cup of coffee. From what I've seen, you post some good stuff and, at least in this thread, you post some nonsense. The other thing I've noticed is that you and some others like to try to bully newcomers and others with whom you have the slightest disagreement.

Well, others may take it and move on as Bondage suggested, and that's fine, but you give me sh*t and you'll get it right back.

Let me tell you, snot nose, you want to discuss topics? Fine. You want to try to bully or intimidate me based on the fact that you apparently have nothing else to do but post in this forum, and you'll get back exactly what you give and more.

Just the nature of FreeorDie2. You should get used to it since I will be hanging around.
Old 10-30-2005, 09:11 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alec W:
Let me tell you what F'wad, you can kiss my ass after you pull your head out of Paragon's lap.

You don't like it? Tough sh*t. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Another wannabe e-tough guy.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not at all. . .

Now the troops I led over a period of 25 years, they were real tough guys. . .and I'm not some pussy who is going to put up with a bunch of e-crap from anyone. I don't have to put up with that kind of stuff when people are standing in front of me. . .and there's no one on this forum that would try it, not only with me, but with anyone, if they ave an ounce of common sense.
Old 10-30-2005, 09:15 PM
Hummer Messiah

SIGH ......

You had such a bright future here.

Oh well.

My Video Collectionez

Old 10-30-2005, 09:32 PM
Banned

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alec W:

You don't like it? Tough sh*t. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Another wannabe e-tough guy.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not at all. . .

Now the troops I led over a period of 25 years, they were real tough guys. . .and I'm not some pussy who is going to put up with a bunch of e-crap from anyone. I don't have to put up with that kind of stuff when people are standing in front of me. . .and there's no one on this forum that would try it, not only with me, but with anyone, if they ave an ounce of common sense. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>You're ghey, aren't you.
Old 10-30-2005, 09:47 PM
Hummer Guru

Klaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Now the troops I led over a period of 25 years, they were real tough guys. . . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

...Medically retired after being fragged by his own troops...

Niedermeyer?
Old 10-30-2005, 10:19 PM
Hummer Messiah

Now the troops I led over a period of 25 years, they were real tough guys. . . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For a guy who blew real tough guys over a period of 25 years, you're quite the thin skinned Nancy over some light ribbing on the internet.

My Video Collectionez

Old 10-30-2005, 10:25 PM
Banned

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Klaus:
Niedermeyer? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Dead!
Old 10-30-2005, 10:31 PM
Hummer Authority

H2Finally is an unknown quantity at this point

FreeorDie2.. DING! FRIES ARE DONE!