H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H1 Discussion Forums > General H1 Discussion

Old 04-28-2006, 03:32 PM
Site Admin

Jason has disabled reputation

Gang,

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. I am well aware of the FTP problem that we are all experiencing, and I do apologize.

It appears that the site is getting "too big for its britches." Unfortunately, the company who is currently offering us the forum software is completely gettingg out of control with their pricing. I have been negotiating with them from the start of these problems, to no avail.

It is likely that there will be some changes in the very near future. I am doing my best to make sure the changes are as small of an inconvenience as possible on you. However, there will likely be some headaches along the way. For that, I apologize again.

As soon as everything has been decided upon, please bare with me and the FTP error. I will keep you posted on what is going to happen and when.

Regards,
Jason
Old 04-28-2006, 03:55 PM
Hummer Guru

MarineHawk is an unknown quantity at this point

Now that I've figured out how to host photos on sites like Photobucket, it's no longer a big deal. I think a lot of people, like me, who get/got frustrated, didn't realize how to do that. It would still be nice to be able to post them directly, but the hosting option isn't that inconvenient.
Old 04-28-2006, 04:09 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Let's have a bake sale for Papa J.
I'll throw in some of my Hooter's beer money...ok, no I won't. I've got priorities.
Old 04-28-2006, 07:54 PM
Hummer Professional

Dani is off the scale

I wouldn't mind chippin in some $$ to help defray costs.
Old 04-28-2006, 08:11 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Should be a use charge, members with the most posts pays the most. You pay according to your karma points. The more you post, the more you pay.
Old 04-28-2006, 10:15 PM
Hummer Messiah

CO Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by PARAGON:
The more you post, the more you pay.

OK. I suppose I'll cough up some cash to support my padding addiction. But I'm going to start charging everyone for candid pics of the T&A affiliates. I figure I'll break even, maybe even turn a little profit.
Old 04-28-2006, 11:17 PM
Hummer Guru

Free padding seems unnatural. I'll pay a little to pad. I wonder if we can take it to the extreme whereby I can simply pay for, say, 1,000 posts without even typing. Jason would just have the Elcova drive enter 1,000 MH posts in random threads that say random stuff like "I agree with that"; "no, the answer is 32"; "my tires are fancier than yours"; "the last trail was bumpy"; "my differential is geary"; "Black H2s are way cool"; and other arbitrary stuff. Sadly, such random comments will likely make more sense than at least 80% of my posts anyway.
Old 04-28-2006, 11:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by MarineHawk:
Free padding seems unnatural. I'll pay a little to pad. I wonder if we can take it to the extreme whereby I can simply pay for, say, 1,000 posts without even typing. Jason would just have the Elcova drive enter 1,000 MH posts in random threads that say random stuff like "I agree with that"; "no, the answer is 32"; "my tires are fancier than yours"; "the last trail was bumpy"; "my differential is geary"; "Black H2s are way cool"; and other arbitrary stuff. Sadly, such random comments will likely make more sense than at least 80% of my posts anyway.
Especially your comment about Black H2s
Old 04-28-2006, 11:46 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MarineHawk:
Especially your comment about Black H2s </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Meaning that my comment about the cool Black H2s is rational - or at least more so than my normal posts?
Old 04-28-2006, 11:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MarineHawk:

Meaning that my comment about the cool Black H2s is rational - or at least more so than my normal posts? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>meaning black H2s are ugly and definitely not way cool
Old 04-28-2006, 11:50 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:

Meaning that my comment about the cool Black H2s is rational - or at least more so than my normal posts? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>meaning black H2s are ugly </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Except at night, when you can't even see their sneaky black skins.
Old 04-29-2006, 01:09 AM
Hummer Authority

H2Finally is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Meaning that my comment about the cool Black H2s is rational - or at least more so than my normal posts? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>meaning black H2s are ugly </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Except at night, when you can't even see their sneaky black skins. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>So if hypothetically there was a town where every building were painted black, the road was black in color, all the trees have black trunks and black leaves, a black car was driving fast, no headlights, no street lights, no traffic lights, no building lights -- a black cat crossed the street, and the driver managed to hit the brakes in time not to kill it. Why?
Old 04-29-2006, 01:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by H2Finally:

Except at night, when you can't even see their sneaky black skins. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>So if hypothetically there was a town where every building were painted black, the road was black in color, all the trees have black trunks and black leaves, a black car was driving fast, no headlights, no street lights, no traffic lights, no building lights -- a black cat crossed the street, and the driver managed to hit the brakes in time not to kill it. Why? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>But would it make a sound?
Old 04-29-2006, 01:51 AM
Hummer Professional

deicustoms1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Old 04-29-2006, 02:02 AM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by H2Finally:
So if hypothetically there was a town where every building were painted black, the road was black in color, all the trees have black trunks and black leaves, a black car was driving fast, no headlights, no street lights, no traffic lights, no building lights -- Shaggy's Nigerian girlfriend crossed the street, and the driver managed to hit the brakes in time not to kill her. Why?

Fissed
Old 04-29-2006, 02:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by h2co-pilot:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H2Finally:
So if hypothetically there was a town where every building were painted black, the road was black in color, all the trees have black trunks and black leaves, a black car was driving fast, no headlights, no street lights, no traffic lights, no building lights -- Shaggy's Nigerian girlfriend crossed the street, and the driver managed to hit the brakes in time not to kill her. Why?

Fissed </div></BLOCKQUOTE>would HE make a sound?
Old 04-29-2006, 03:10 AM
Hummer Authority

ShaggyX is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by Alec W:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by h2co-pilot:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H2Finally:

Fissed </div></BLOCKQUOTE>would HE make a sound? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I hate you all.