H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H1 Discussion Forums > General H1 Discussion

Old 08-08-2006, 08:44 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I have a problem (need pics Tim)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXH1X5
Mostly cosmetic issues!!! Not plushy enough!!! Smokes on start up!!! OMG...even a WATER LEAK!!!

Get REAL, it's a USED Diesel Powered REAL HUMMER SOFT/OPEN TOP model with 25,000 (maybe many Off-road) miles on it...but what really sucks is that the WORLD'S #1 (REAL) HUMMER DEALER (as determined year after year by REAL HUMMER OWNERS, not by GM-HUM-BUDS) would ever consider letting people like this purchase a REAL HUMMER! Jim Lynch, I am very disappointed to say the least!!! You definitely need to be screening prospective REAL HUMMER buyers a lot better ...this GM-HUM-BUD definitely snuck through!

Attached Images

Old 08-08-2006, 09:52 PM
Hummer Expert

NoMoGMPG is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm feelin' the love.
1999 AMGeneral H1 6.5TD BLACK Wagon e-Lockers Front and Back, Rubberduck4x4 RockTubes, Extended Undercarriage Protection,"Big Duck" 2" body lift/2 1/2" suspension lift, 41" IROK Radials on 17" Cepeks w/Rock Rims, (in process)Centered front diff, 3.08 gears, 12k Brakes and 12k halfshafts
Old 08-08-2006, 10:21 PM
Hummer Messiah

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoGMPG
I'm feelin' the love.
You're one cool H1'er and had a great time in Moab but why did you spot CP into that hole?
Old 08-09-2006, 02:47 AM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

NoMo, I am sendng you luv. Do you feel it now?

I just doon like stupid pricks.
Old 08-09-2006, 05:45 PM
Hummer Veteran

EXH1X5 is off the scale
Arrow Re: I have a problem (need pics Tim)

Quote:
Originally Posted by timgco
Removed per NoMo. His tires are bigger than mine.

The comfort wasn't bad.. don't get me wrong. It wasn't as comfy as an H2, but the reasons were just beyond loose cosmettic panels. The water leak pissed me off, yes, but the engine/ turbo was having issues. A little smoke out of a deisel.... big deal. Enough black smoke to clear out a 10 acre lot of mosquitos, not good. Over heating over 70mph was another issue along with visble corosion on much of the wires.

This ONE was not taken care of properly and I wasn't willing to go through the entire truck to make it realiable. In the end, that H1 was very sweet ride! I will have one some day if I find "that perfect one."

H1's still rock in my book, but this one wasn't going to be part of daily routines.

Thanks Tim for those additional details. First thought you may have fallen victim to something like this as so many have:

HER: "You take that 'POS H1' thing back and get my H2 (substitute H3 when applicable) or you'll be sleeping on that couch forever!"

HIM: "Oh please no dear, not the couch! But what am I gonna tell all my gal & guy buds on elcova?"

HER: "Just tell them that 'POS H1' had cosmetic issues and smoked like a diesel"
Old 08-09-2006, 06:00 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Thanks Tim for those additional details. First thought you may have fallen victim to something like this as so many have:

HER: "You take that 'POS H1' thing back and get my H2 (substitute H3 when applicable) or you'll be sleeping on that couch forever!"

HIM: "Oh please no dear, not the couch! But what am I gonna tell all my gal & guy buds on elcova?"

HER: "Just tell them that 'POS H1' had cosmetic issues and smoked like a diesel"

Or in your case it would be you arguing with your husband. Don't be butthurt just because everyone doesn't completely fall for the H1 mystique. Hell, I've come very close to buying an H1 several times. Then I snap out of my trance and smile with the knowledge that my H2 will do 99.9% of the wheeling that the H1 will and I'll be 200% more comfortable. The H1 was a great rig, but evolution even applies to the automotive world.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:19 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

If it weren't for H2's and H3's, there would be no dealers left to fix the H1's.

I guess this means that the real HUMMERS are now H2/3's, since the H1 isn't made anymore.

I think the real reason they aren't made anymore is due to the fact this world couldn't handle any more stuck up a$$holes!

At least the H1 owners I know are cool!

Last edited by timgco : 08-09-2006 at 07:55 PM.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:39 PM
Hummer Messiah

Quote:
If it weren't for H2's and H3's, there would be no dealers left to fix the H1's.

I guess this means that the real HUMMERS are now H2/3's, since the H1 isn't made anymore.

I think the real reason they aren't made anymore is due to the fact this world couldn't handle any more stick up a$$holes!

At least the H1 owners I know are cool!
X3
Old 08-10-2006, 01:17 PM
Hummer Veteran

EXH1X5 is off the scale

Quote:
H1's still rock in my book...

Tim, your continued quest to some day become a member of the elite REAL HUMMER Owners Club is commendable and should serve as an inspiration to those other less fortunates.

To show my heart is in the right place, you may now freely interchange the word ?ORIGINAL? with ?REAL? preceding HUMMER. No, there is no need to thank me Tim, you earned it!!!

As you may have noticed there is an H and a 1 in my username. It is there only in remembrance of how badly GM trashed the HUMMER name.

The parting question for today?s post is:

Did you by chance put some GASOLINE in that 2004 DIESEL powered REAL (optional) ORIGINAL HUMMER to create that black smoke screen???
Old 08-10-2006, 02:51 PM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Tim, your continued quest to some day become a member of the elite REAL HUMMER Owners Club is commendable and should serve as an inspiration to those other less fortunates.

To show my heart is in the right place, you may now freely interchange the word ?ORIGINAL? with ?REAL? preceding HUMMER. No, there is no need to thank me Tim, you earned it!!!

As you may have noticed there is an H and a 1 in my username. It is there only in remembrance of how badly GM trashed the HUMMER name.

Did you by chance put some GASOLINE in that 2004 DIESEL powered REAL (optional) ORIGINAL HUMMER to create that black smoke screen???

Attached Images

Old 08-10-2006, 03:26 PM
Hummer Expert

ckhagman is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRTYFN
Or in your case it would be you arguing with your husband. Don't be butthurt just because everyone doesn't completely fall for the H1 mystique. Hell, I've come very close to buying an H1 several times. Then I snap out of my trance and smile with the knowledge that my H2 will do 99.9% of the wheeling that the H1 will and I'll be 200% more comfortable. The H1 was a great rig, but evolution even applies to the automotive world.

Comfort is relative. It is different to everyone.

You right automotive evolution does happen look at the new GL class mercedes.

Timgo- Your right if it wasn't for the H2 and H3's there wouldn't be more dealers to fix the H1's. But I live in an area where there was an original Hummer Deal so it doesn't effect me.
Old 08-10-2006, 05:09 PM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilD
But look at the blinged out G it replaced, compared to the original.

I am not sure what you mean. The Galendewagen was (or going to be) replaced by the GL. The GL is not as cool looking IMO
Old 08-10-2006, 06:23 PM
Hummer Expert

gotcha
Old 08-10-2006, 07:10 PM
mstams

Loyal owners and fans complained enough that MB is keeping the G wagon. At least for now...
Old 08-10-2006, 07:46 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

To show my heart is in the right place, you may now freely interchange the word ?ORIGINAL?with ?REAL?preceding HUMMER. No, there is no need to thank me Tim, you earned it!!!

Awww man, I didn't know I wasn't supposed to put gas in a deisel engine. no wonder it wasn't running good. and the water leak I found out I didn't have the softop installed so water comes into the cab when there's no roof. ... what was I thinking.

BTW- do you even own a HUMMER? Or are you a diehard BMW owner? Nothing against X5's, they are one sweet ride! for soccer mom's/ dad's.
Old 08-11-2006, 12:58 AM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenP
You're one cool H1'er and had a great time in Moab but why did you spot CP into that hole?

I hang my head in embarrassment. I felt sooo bad when I heard that "eeeeek!" come from the cockpit. Who was that anyway? CP or Bebe? She would have made it if you wouldn't have broken that CV and then had her drive up the Escalator. We all know she's the Wheelin' Mah-Sheen!
1999 AMGeneral H1 6.5TD BLACK Wagon e-Lockers Front and Back, Rubberduck4x4 RockTubes, Extended Undercarriage Protection,"Big Duck" 2" body lift/2 1/2" suspension lift, 41" IROK Radials on 17" Cepeks w/Rock Rims, (in process)Centered front diff, 3.08 gears, 12k Brakes and 12k halfshafts
Old 08-11-2006, 12:58 AM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2co-pilot

NoMo, I am sendng you luv. Do you feel it now?

I just doon like stupid pricks.

Ooooh! Tingly!