H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H1 Discussion Forums > General H1 Discussion

Old 02-27-2006, 07:16 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally posted by Alec W:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HMMWV:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alan06SUT:I dont think it divides, Its just peoples opnions. I think its informing to hear other's perspectives and dont think diffrently of them based on their opinions on which is better.
The HML is the first HUMMER forum/list. One reason the H2 guys left the HML and came here is because some H1 guys were constantly starting dumb pointless post wars with H2 guys in the H2 section. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Yep. That's why I never visit there. You couldn't ask a question without BS. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Unlike here where you always get a serious answer </div></BLOCKQUOTE>64 right hand twist
Old 02-27-2006, 09:08 PM
Hummer Authority

Alan06SUT is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by HummBebe:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ckhagman:
Here's a question. How does the air ride suspension increase ground clearence. I can understand changing the breakover angle and depart angles but how the ground clearence since you have to measure from the lowest point (the dif)?

I don't believe it would change the ground clearance. The air ride suspension would only change the height of the body not the differential. Hence changing breakover, departure and approch angles. Just my logic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

From looking at the specs on the hummer web site, the ground clearance is measured under the front skid plate. I think by lifting the back up, it brinks the front skidplate off the ground a tiny little bit. I'll do it at home and see tonight. It would not affect the rear ground clearance though.
Old 03-01-2006, 01:59 AM
Hummer Veteran

Ground hawg is an unknown quantity at this point

It seems that everybody has a diferent opinion regarding the vehicle they own and the other versions of the hummer. remember If there were still only one version of this great vehicle there would be a lot fewer people able to enjoy the experiances that we all enjoy every day. each vehicle has it's place and following.
I for one would not replace my H1 wagon for either of the other two. If I were to purchase a new hummer it would be the H3 Or if they come out with an H4 i could consider that.
The main diference I see between the H1 and the others is that it was designed by engineers. the H2 and H3 were designed by a stylist, then given to enginees to make them producable.
Old 03-01-2006, 03:19 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

I just looked at the Alpha again yesterday and while it does have a certain mystique about it, it's lack of seating comfort and primitive controls are still too much of a deterrent to seriously consider for purchase. I wouldn't look forward to long trips in it like I do with the H2. As for wheeling, the H2 is going everywhere that H1 goes, except deep water crossings(sinkings). I'll also be more than happy to not have to deal with the myriad of mechanical problems that plague the H1.
I am glad that the Alpha I looked at is red and not pewter. Helps keep my head clear.
Old 03-01-2006, 06:49 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Who is Yal?
Old 03-01-2006, 10:44 PM
Hummer Veteran

Alec If you can read you would notice that I said I would get the H3 dip****.
Old 03-02-2006, 12:03 AM
Hummer Authority

NewHummerGuy is an unknown quantity at this point

Ground Hawg. I just wanted to see if you would elaborate on the following statement:

"The main diference I see between the H1 and the others is that it was designed by engineers. the H2 and H3 were designed by a stylist, then given to enginees to make them producable."

I owned an H3 and now H2. Just curious. Is this the main difference "you" see or is this a proven fact? From my lack of knowledge the H2 and subsequent H3 were "developed" out of a need to allow AMG/GM to continue producing a Hummer brand. Without them I would suspect that Hummer would have fallen off the face of the earth and H1 owners would be left to fabricate parts on their own when needed. H1's do not sell well enough for a company to continue producing them solely. At least thats my observation.

H2's and H3's have in my opinion HELPED the H1. They have (financially) made Hummers more affordable to them thus allowing them to be introduced to the Hummer life. I started with the H3. Then now in the H2. Others like me may then move to the H1 if finances allow.

I just would like to know if your statement is one of opinion or based on facts. I love the vehicles. ALL of them.

Thanks

I'm Gonna crazy you my body
=================
Old 03-02-2006, 01:12 AM
Hummer Veteran

The origional Hummer was designed for a spacific purpouse, as a go anywhere vehicle able to carry upto four crew through hostile terain with their equipment and suplies be able to be submerged in water and also air drop and remain functional. this was the directive given to AMG and other companies for the next generation miletery vehicle.

The H2 and H3 on the other hand were given to syylists with the directive take an existing platform vehicle, adapt styling to fit a demograph of people that woild like to be hummer owners but iether do not have or do not wish to spend $100,000+ on that name brand of vehicle.
Old 03-02-2006, 01:15 AM
Hummer Veteran

I did say "if" meaning that if i were to get another hummer and not want to spend $140k+ then i would get the H3, as it is I dont need another hummer as the one I have i'm more than happy with(despite all the headachs of maintanence)
Old 03-02-2006, 03:52 AM

Vamtac is off the scale

GM is in trouble. The h2/h3 trucks might just be the answer. The rest of their product line besides the vette is pretty dismal.
Old 03-02-2006, 11:17 AM
Hummer Authority

NewHummerGuy is an unknown quantity at this point

"The origional Hummer was designed for a spacific purpouse, as a go anywhere vehicle able to carry upto four crew through hostile terain with their equipment and suplies be able to be submerged in water and also air drop and remain functional."

OK, so i understand you. "Hostile" terrain. By this do you mean war? So i am guessing you have one of the original military humvees. Also i am guessing you must have a military issued humvee because i am pretty damn sure airdropping a "CIVILIAN" H1 will not have the same results as airdropping a military humvee.

You Ground Hawg have an excellent truck in the H1. And others have excellent vehicles with there H2's and H3's. Is the H1 better at things the others are not??? Yes. But this path also goes both ways. I have seen plenty videos and articles where H1's could not do some things H2's could do.

They are all excellent trucks and each has there own rewarding merits. I just wish you would rest your arm as I am afraid you will break it off patting yourself on the back.

I'm Gonna crazy you my body
=================
Old 03-02-2006, 11:27 PM
Hummer Veteran

Jeez, I think if you read the rest of the posts you'll find I havent patted myself on the back once.
All i did was answer a question. regarding a vehicle that was engineered to forfill a purpose and one thet was styled to suite a specifice demograph. I think both vehicles are very capable and can go through many places that I have to go round due to the design of the H1 being to wide. I also mentioned that if I were in the position of getting another hummer it would be the H3. this is not due to the performance of the H2 purly a matter of styling tast.
Old 03-03-2006, 07:12 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by Ground hawg:
Jeez, I think if you read the rest of the posts you'll find I havent patted myself on the back once.
All i did was answer a question. regarding a vehicle that was engineered to forfill a purpose and one thet was styled to suite a specifice demograph. I think both vehicles are very capable and can go through many places that I have to go round due to the design of the H1 being to wide. I also mentioned that if I were in the position of getting another hummer it would be the H3. this is not due to the performance of the H2 purly a matter of styling tast.
Good. I'm glad it's not because of performance because I'd stomp your truck.