Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > ETC. Forums > Other Off-Roading Vehicles

Old 02-10-2003, 06:26 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

Hey MAC,

Yeah...I read it, but I figure he was just showboating for his fellow LR's. He did post other things that were favorable about us though. In the end....it's only words and we still drive our bad-ass toys...so it falls into the category of "whatever".

So long as he contributes in a positive manner and gets along with everybody...that's all that matters. Lots of people get off to a rough start and then fall into the pattern. Thus far I've learned something about tires, differentials and a few other things...plus his attitude has been quite contributive and pleasant. He even goes by his name now. He actualy has made some apologies....something certain members of our own haven't been capable of bringing themselves to do.

Besides...it's tradition that we pick-up a resident from each "other brand" attack...look how Mike turned out and he's a swell guy! So I say we give him a shot. If he gets ugly (which I sincerely doubt would happen at this point)...I'll be the first to front a petition to remove him and revoke his inflatble doll.

Oh...and here's one you've got to love: Keep your friends close and keep your enemies closer. Come on MAC, that old-age corporate thing has to get you a bit excited? And how about this....Thom will promise not to "Amen" anything I say for at least 2 months?

Besides...he'll be a good to have around when the Ford, Dodge, Nissan, Mercedes, Porsche and Toyota groups attack.

Can we talk deal? The guy does plan to own an H2 one day.
Old 02-10-2003, 06:44 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

Yo Thom,

When your done reading this, get on over to the "Modified" thread asap (please).
Old 02-10-2003, 10:43 AM

bklynh2srock is off the scale

Thanks for the enlightenment, Big Z. For the record, I now stand corrected.

Am I allowed to put bearnaise sauce on the crow I'm eating?
but she knows what she knows.
Give that girl wings and that\'s all she wrote.
Old 02-10-2003, 11:22 AM
Hummer Guru

Klaus is an unknown quantity at this point

bklynh2srock,

No crow eating is necessary. You just didn't want to believe folks could be this bad.

Steve,

So you don't mind being insulted as long as it was on a different board? Also, what apology are you referring to? I bet you won't find one on the discoweb! No deal here.

This forum was wonderful until about 2-3 weeks ago, when the invaders started showing up. The danger is that the good people will go away if this is allowed to continue. Don't let the backstabbers ruin the H2 Forum.
Old 02-10-2003, 03:00 PM

kelleymac2000 is off the scale

muddy rover was referring to my post about three before yours Steve...

Kelley

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steve R:
My name is Steve...but you can call me Kelley<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 02-10-2003, 07:12 PM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

I think the forum is just fine, all the "trolls" are gone, and the one guy we somehow retained seems to be behaving and adding good input to the discussion.

As for what he said on the LR forum...probably just showboating, and he did point out some nice things about us. In the end...it's just text on a computer screen.

Last time I assaulted invaders I got flack for it...now I'm trying the more gentle approach and still getting flack. Tough crowd I tells ya...tough crowd!

But like I say....he's the only one left and he's not only being civil, but adding in a positive manner. If you really want me to hate him...I will. Forgive, forget and move on.
Old 02-10-2003, 07:14 PM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

[quote]Originally posted by kelleymac2000:
muddy rover was referring to my post about three before yours Steve...

OH shoot....reality sucks. Not one morning goes by where I don't look in the mirror and ask myself "why can't I be Kelley MacNally????
Old 02-10-2003, 07:36 PM

muddyrover is off the scale

nicely said kelley

I love fishsticks w/ hot sauce and tartar sauce
Old 02-10-2003, 07:48 PM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

oh sure....suck-up to the swimsuit model!
Old 02-10-2003, 10:00 PM

I don't know where you guys got this impression of me...

Kelley

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steve R:
oh sure....suck-up to the swimsuit model!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 02-10-2003, 10:03 PM

Actually, one correction: we now have a couple of "Rover-guys" here. Muddy and Musky... (We seriously need to talk about your names you two.)

They both seem stand-up to me. I'd 'wheel with either of them. Of course, that's just my opinion...

Kelley
Old 02-10-2003, 11:42 PM

muskyman is off the scale

well once again I want to thank you for your support Kelley

Hee Haw,

If you really want information on Fly Fishing for musky go tomuskyhunter.comand get the March 1997 back issue, there is an article in it that I wrote that will give you a good overview of what it takes to get started in it.

If you are looking for a place to see a hundred small musky to cast at with a fly rod in a single day I can hook you up there as well.

thom

Musky:the thinking mans fish

Dirt is for playing roads are for getting there

Old 02-11-2003, 12:13 AM

JMoore is off the scale

After all the banter on discoweb, I finally had to come over here and register too. Don't be so uptight. Musky knows his rigs. I will try not to be a TROLL.

-John

Beer is the reason we know God loves us.
Old 02-11-2003, 12:31 AM
Hummer Professional

SOFTTAILJC is off the scale

put all musky's posts on 1 page so i don't waste my time readin all the bull****...i could care less what he has to say...i'm not here to compare disco to h2.or listen to a self professed 4x4 expert.he treats us like we're rich and spoiled,and bought or way to the mud....just don't like the left handed compliments.....musky this is an h2 site...its here for people that like h2's.. i think you just like to stir things up..i'm just tired of the interuptions you bring........soft
Old 02-11-2003, 12:41 AM

softtail,

maybe you dont get it...i like H2s..I just think that stock they need work to make them truley off-road ready.

see I'm an easy target cuz I'm still here

sorry my passion for 4x4 off-roaders gets under your skin

Old 02-11-2003, 12:53 AM

JMoore is off the scale

I think it's been said before, but do you think your all that different from Land Rover owners. You probably have more in common with them than the owners of other SUV's. I have a 99D2. I'm into wheelin', camping, skiing, boating etc. I decided to register, becuase I too have an expensive toy and thought it might be fun to participate. Though we may have some of the same interest. Some of you guys seem nice, the others a bit uptight!

Beer is the reason we know God loves us.
Old 02-11-2003, 01:20 AM

HeeHaw is off the scale

JMoore, you're right, but there is a very glaring difference in some of the posts you are referring to. You can go back though all the posts here and see that WE do not bash anyone, unlike the trolls! No Need.

I have owned a Rover, Jeep, H2, Tahoe, raised 4x4 and I have nothing bad to say about anyone of them. I don't feel the need to bash other vehicles to make myself feel good about my $60,000.00 purchase. I am not uptight, used to be, but no more. All of these vehicles are great for their entended purpose.

There will always be a debate about what is the best 4x4 out there and most of it will remain unsolved. The current climate around most of these BB's is to be nice to others when it comes to all the vehicle talk, EXCEPT when it comes to the H2. Then folks get a little nasty. I have seen this on other boards. Not sure why, but some folks I have talked to appear jealous, others seem mad at my spending of MY money. Not sure what gives, but it is getting old in a hurry.

Also we have had several folks visit our board to just act stupid here and say things to get folks mad. Make stupid posts, insult the readers here. Very childish!

So don't blame some of us for being a little uptight.

Once someone appears well intentioned or sincere, then we except them and enough of that.

See ya

HeeeeeeeeHawwwwwwwwwww
Old 02-11-2003, 01:38 AM

Way to go Hee Haw! Nice to see us (all of us) coming to our senses. At some point we have to agree to disagree, challenge each other (in as non-confrontational way as we can manage ) and ultimately all learn more about 'wheeling in the process. Isn't that what we're all here for? That and Hee Haw's right, to talk to other people who share the passion for Hummers.

Kelley
Old 02-11-2003, 01:42 AM

Wow, I didn't think you could fly-fish for muskie, MM. Learn something new everyday.

BTW, you asked what was the biggest muskie I've caught in another post: 12lbs. A baby by all standards, and it's my ONLY muskie. (The fight was phenomenal...the only thing better was the silver marlin I hooked into in Hawaii...) Muskie's are tough, and frankly I've not learned all the tricks!

Kelley

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by muskyman:
well once again I want to thank you for your support Kelley

Hee Haw,

If you really want information on Fly Fishing for musky go tohttp://www.muskyhunter.com/acatalog/Online_Catalog_1997_Back_Issues_17.htmland get the March 1997 back issue, there is an article in it that I wrote that will give you a good overview of what it takes to get started in it.

If you are looking for a place to see a hundred small musky to cast at with a fly rod in a single day I can hook you up there as well.

thom

Dirt is for playing roads are for getting there<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 02-11-2003, 01:58 AM

kelley,

12 lbs is a good musky...then again I think all musky are good ones.

the cool thing about fly fishing for them is that any musky will be a fish that you never forget.

during certain times of the year, such as early spring and fall right after the thermocline breaks up the musky like to sit in water as shallow as 1'. a fly rod is the perfect presentaion to catch these fish.

plus its just plain fun

thom