H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 09-20-2007, 02:58 AM
Hummer Professional

dkhummerh2 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Magnacharger supercharger and air intake

I am running a air rade intake with my s/c. I love it.
dk
Old 09-22-2007, 02:59 AM
Hummer Professional

Location: GAIN INFORMATION AND EDUCATION RELATING TO HUMMER H2\'S
H2BRUTE is off the scale

Hey guys. Just picked up BRUTE this afternoon in the pouring rain. Supercharger is awesome. No whine before its time, so they say and this whine is great. Added a dual gauge pod for boost and fuel pressure as well. Looks awesome. Sets over the drivers side ac vent. Pictures to come, hopefully tomorrow. Problem why it took so long was that I had them install MSD wires and coil packs, but the coil packs didn't fit, so they had to be reordered and the second set didn't fit either. We ended up reinstalling the oem ones..All this took at least an additional 4 days. Also had them install the PIAA horns that I had purchased a while back that I was a little hesitant about installing since they were not a direct replacement. The guys did it for me without a problem..It certainly pays to know what you are doing..They definitely are louder than the oem ones, which is what I wanted, without having to get an air horn. The supercharger kit came with a K&N filter so we just replaced the oem one with it and kept the original box..I'll probably keep it for now, but I have my eye on an Injen one which aesthetically looks better. especially since I like to enter car shows, I will see if it will work with the sc coupler..Hope to psot some pics tomorrow,Da BRUTE for the supercharger. An awesome piece of equipment
Old 09-22-2007, 05:06 PM
Hummer Professional

H2BRUTE is off the scale

Well thanks to a beautiful S FL morning, I was able to detail the engine compartment and BRUTE and take some nice pics..Hope you enjoy them..BRUTE
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BOOST AND FUEL GAUGE POD VGA DSC02711.JPG (68.3 KB, 348 views)
File Type: jpg SUPERCHARGER VGA DSC02715.JPG (84.5 KB, 351 views)
Old 09-22-2007, 09:43 PM
Elcova Rookie

medihummer is on a distinguished road

Dear H2 brute,

I've been looking for a new airfilter too on my supercharged H2. I contacted Terry Pedicard the technician from Magnuson superchargers and he advised me to stay with stock air box. He says that they tested several setups on a dyno run with their supercharger system and all had less power than the stock box. This guy knows what he is talking about he has a lot of experience and he tested everything in identical test conditions.He says you can gain a few horses on non blown engines but not on supercharger applications. I'd rather believe him instead of the bull**** of guys that claim they can feel the difference of .5 % of power gain. All the talks about intake boxes and airfilters is merely bull****. I've seen a few really well documented articles with air box replacements and dyno proof before and after. None has convinced me. If you win 2 or 3 hp mostly you loose on torque. The factory box takes the air from the right side outside the engine compartment. All systems with a cone filter in the engine compartment suck hotter air and lose power. These systems are by definition worse than stock. It seems a contradiction but if your supercharger has to suck air through a smaller pipe with more resistance, you will get a small lowered air pressure in the aspiration duct and this will lower the temperature. So on blown application more intake resistance does not mean less power by definition. I'd think twice if you consider a new intake system for power gains.
Old 09-23-2007, 01:37 AM
Hummer Professional

H2BRUTE is off the scale

Thanks. I know I am keeping the oem box for now and probably will just change the filter. What you say makes a great deal of sense. Especially on the supercharged ones.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:30 AM
Hummer Veteran

Grizzy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2BRUTE
Well thanks to a beautiful S FL morning, I was able to detail the engine compartment and BRUTE and take some nice pics..Hope you enjoy them..BRUTE

Congrats on the s/c brute! I see you got the polished s/c. Looks great! Hey where did you get your guage pod and guages? I'm looking to add this to my H2 asap.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:34 AM
Hummer Veteran

Also, while you were getting your s/c installed last week I put mine in the shop for a few other upgrades.

You can see them here.

http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=29867
Old 09-24-2007, 01:43 AM
Hummer Professional

H2BRUTE is off the scale

Thanks Griz. Your setup is by far the cleanest and neatest I have seen. Great Job!..The gauges and pod were ordered from autometer..link is
http://www.autometer.com/
I really like the cobalt blue gauges as they light up really neat at night..In addition to the boost gauge I opted for the fuel pressure, only because the shop recommended it..If the truth be known, I went for the BLING!! BRUTE
Old 09-24-2007, 10:23 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2BRUTE
Thanks Griz. Your setup is by far the cleanest and neatest I have seen. Great Job!..The gauges and pod were ordered from autometer..link is
http://www.autometer.com/
I really like the cobalt blue gauges as they light up really neat at night..In addition to the boost gauge I opted for the fuel pressure, only because the shop recommended it..If the truth be known, I went for the BLING!! BRUTE

Thanks! Also, thanks for the link. Got with my performance shop today and ordered the nexus gauges fuel/boost. Also getting an 8psi pulley for the s/c. Will probably have to take the magnacharger superchips program back off and have the truck custom tuned on dyno to make this beneficial. Atleast that is what the shop is recommending.

Last edited by Grizzy : 09-24-2007 at 10:26 PM.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:28 AM
Hummer Veteran

ttkresurfacing is off the scale

Grizzy,
If you go to pulley down, you may want to think about adding methanol injection. The maggies seem to get heat soaked by 8# on a 6.0 . As far as tuning you may try Nelson Performance if you don't have anyone good locally. He has done the tuning for mine and Orangecrush's with very good results. I am also getting ready to install a cam, 90mm throttle body, 8#, and methanol and will have him retune for the additions.

Tim
Old 09-25-2007, 01:50 AM
Hummer Professional

H2BRUTE is off the scale

Hey Tim and Grizzy. Please keep us posted on your changes. I'm especially interested in the cam and throttle body..BTW, if you don't mind what would the cam +install run. I was thinking about this after I installed the s/c..Thanks, BRUTE
Old 09-25-2007, 02:18 AM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttkresurfacing
Grizzy,
If you go to pulley down, you may want to think about adding methanol injection. The maggies seem to get heat soaked by 8# on a 6.0 . As far as tuning you may try Nelson Performance if you don't have anyone good locally. He has done the tuning for mine and Orangecrush's with very good results. I am also getting ready to install a cam, 90mm throttle body, 8#, and methanol and will have him retune for the additions.

Tim

Nice! Two big questions, 1st, where is Nelson Performance located and can you send me over the phone #? 2nd, what have you done so far with your transmission and do you plan on doing anything else?

I'm suppose to have a local guy who builds race transmissions look at my tranny. I figured I'd give him and a couple others a chance to give me their opinions as well as a quote. I'm trying to gather as much info on the tranny as possible and replace/rebuild the components for optimal performance and longevity, and not just start replacing parts because I read it somewhere. So far I'm leaning towards upgraded torque converter, corvette servos, manual pressure regulator instead of electric, and kevlar bands. Does this sound like the right direction?

As far as going to the smaller pulley, my local dealer is gonna look into it tomorrow before he orders the part and call me back. I will remind him about the heating issue with the blower and see if he recommends anything. Perhaps a larger heat exchanger.?.? I see that magnuson has several to choose from although a larger exchanger would most likely have to be custom fit.

Methanol? How about nitrous! I see online at magnuson that nitrous may be directly blown into the magnacharger. However, depending on the amount of nitrous added, the twin screws may eventually show unusual wear as far as the finish of the screws themselves. This eventually will lead to failure and a premature rebuild of the blower itself. I got the forementioned information from an online manual at magnusons web site. My thoughts are, maybe a subtle 50lb shot of nitrous would be sufficient. Remember that up above I mention longevity of the tranny? Well, I want the motor to last as well! So the smaller pulley, methanol, nitrous, is all up in the clouds right now. Not sure how far I'm willing to go with this just yet. But certainly looking into everything. My local dealer wants to go ahead and rebuild the motor from the bottom up. I would like to wait on that, atleast until I blow this motor first. =)

Last edited by Grizzy : 09-25-2007 at 02:22 AM.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:02 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

If you go to the picture section and look up my pics you will see my gauge set up along with inside and outside mods using very different items than most do. I run a fuel pressure along with boost and air fuel for each bank of cylinders. Fuel pressure is controlled using a Keene Bell Boost A Pump. It allows me to make fine tuning of air/fuel on the go with control box inside the center console. You will see my SC in a different type look than normal. It helps to be able to use my idea of my setup due to the fact I run HPTUNERS
software as soon as I start up rig with all I need running on a mini P4 computer we built to sit in glass in rear console and it is in scan mode on the center 12" touchscreen. It all comes together in test runs with someone in co-pilot seat. Once all is set with changes in tune due to temp and humidity etc.

Your discussion on the air box is correct in my opinion. I do not like the tube though for street as it is restrictive. Using the factory for off road is the only tube to use as it will allow for mosture and some heavier stuff to fall into the down tube. I like the cone filters only if you are running a reverse cowl scoop as I do. It draws allot of the heat out quickly. My cone sets over the front passenger fender so that as the scoop increases the air turn over really quick I get a good rush of cold air from the right side of of radiator and factory air box holes. I do have a shield seperating the filter from engine heat but, not so that it will restrict the flow to much so that filter get's a good heavy flow of colder air. I like shield more like dam of colder incoming air just briefly and then it flows by.

You can run 12# boost without meth. inj. as long as tuned for that along with some other minor changes. It is so critical at 8 and up you need to use HPTUNERS software and a laptop so you can be really careful with your numbers. It is hard to ask Nelson to put on a tune above 8 and you tell him you are going to run metanol inj. at this PSI. Then if it is pure meth. or a water meth. mix which in many cases is better than just meth. You can run allot of boost just running race fuel. Nelson is the only person I would let tune on my rig but, I know unless he has rig in shop he can safely only do a tune on 93 octane at whichever boost pulley you buy from him. I hope I'm explaining it OK. I'm going to 18#'s next spring or summer then I will have no choice but to inj. meth. I will be adding a co2 spray on the aftercooler and most likely run fuel line through an ice bucket as well on special occasions. Any one of these elements I add or take out I have tune for it in real time. There is no way I could ask Nelson to come up with a tune for any of those configurations. I just wanted to mention this so know one expects miracles from Allen.

Well good luck to you all and it is cool to see more owners going to forced induction if it fits in with how you want to use your rig. One of the next things I want to do is put twin turbo's on a H2 to play around with. I'm sort of grounded right now with some health problems but, hope to be back tp full speed by next spring.

Build the rigs strong and run them the way you built them.

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 09-25-2007, 05:20 AM
Hummer Professional

johndjmix1 is off the scale

Im at the stock 6lbs boost and been running 87, no pinging....runs great.

--John

1/4 Mile 15.29@91.34mph

Mods:
Magnusun Radix Supercharger!!!
Switch to allow full Nav Controls while moving
Warn 9.5 Winch
Old 09-25-2007, 05:52 AM
Hummer Veteran

oh cool! nelson is only 4hrs from me. Looks like I'm taking a trip to san antonio real soon. yippy!
Old 09-25-2007, 06:37 PM
Hummer Veteran

BRUTE, just realized that the guage pod you're using will block my new tweeets in the a-pillar, atleast the one on the driver side. Anyways, might have to find a better location for the guages, maybe something custom. Dropped $800 for a set of Focal mids/highs for the front. Don't wanna block that tweet! I like my music!
Old 09-25-2007, 06:41 PM
Hummer Expert

CONRAD II is an unknown quantity at this point

I have the same guage pod and aftermarket tweeters. Don't worry they will not block the sound at all.

03' White 2 Door H1 Pickup w/ 2in. body lift
05' BLACK SUT SLANTBACK Magnacharged w\ 12lb pulley, 6in. Fabtech lift, tierods, BUILT 4L80E tranny, 5.13 gears
66' VETTE STINGRAY
12' DODGE RAM 2500 CUMMINS 4X4 W/ FRONT & REAR LOCKERS
07' Z06
Old 09-25-2007, 06:45 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONRAD II
I have the same guage pod and aftermarket tweeters. Don't worry they will not block the sound at all.

SWEET! Had the same setup in my F250, but only I didn't have a guage pod blocking my driver tweet, only the freakin dash itself! Didn't really notice much, but didn't like it anyhow.

Thanks