H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 08-13-2005, 03:40 AM
Hummer Veteran

ShaunH3 is off the scale

Anybody have reccomendations for an air horn setup? Just got off the phone with Lynch Hummer and they say STAY AWAY from the REALWHEELS horn!! He said that literally EVER SINGLE horn they sold has came back with problems, usually in the valves. He went on to say that in order to get it fixed you have to send it in and that most are without the horn more frequently than they have it installed. He strongly strongly urged me to stay away from the realwheels horn!!

Any suggestions or aftermarket air horns that anyone has experience with??

Thanks
Old 08-13-2005, 03:40 AM
Hummer Veteran

ShaunH3 is off the scale

Anybody have reccomendations for an air horn setup? Just got off the phone with Lynch Hummer and they say STAY AWAY from the REALWHEELS horn!! He said that literally EVER SINGLE horn they sold has came back with problems, usually in the valves. He went on to say that in order to get it fixed you have to send it in and that most are without the horn more frequently than they have it installed. He strongly strongly urged me to stay away from the realwheels horn!!

Thanks
Old 08-13-2005, 03:48 AM

rodster is off the scale

A few ideas here: http://elcova.com/groupee/forums/a/t...7321083621/p/4

Since you're also in the market for a new cabin air vent, maybe you could pipe the air through the horns?
Old 08-13-2005, 04:32 AM
Hummer Expert

JMV1210 is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Anybody have reccomendations for an air horn setup? Just got off the phone with Lynch Hummer and they say STAY AWAY from the REALWHEELS horn!! He said that literally EVER SINGLE horn they sold has came back with problems, usually in the valves. He went on to say that in order to get it fixed you have to send it in and that most are without the horn more frequently than they have it installed. He strongly strongly urged me to stay away from the realwheels horn!!

Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I have them installed on my H2. Here is what I have been through:

• First time, Air Horns just went bad during the winter. Sent them in and was without them for about a month, cost me 20 bucks to ship them.
• Got them Back and the new set did not work. They guy never did figure out was wrong with the set I sent in.
• Bought a new Air Horn through Jason on this website, and that was DOA. He took them back minus a restocking fee.
• Bought a third set (I did not learn my lesson) and that seems to work so far without problems. I should point out it’s only been on the H2 for about 3 months.

Another concern if you have an alarm is if the compressor decides to “pump up” in the middle of the night, guess what? You alarm will be going off. Now you have pissed off neighbors…

They are inconsistent to say the least. Well inconsistent in regard to working well.

You may want to look at the post which rodster listed above. Dan has the train horns, which he seems to like. I plan on checking them out this weekend at Paragon. Even those Train Horns were not “turn key” Dan had to do a lot to get them to work well, but as long as they work well now, is all that counts.
Old 08-13-2005, 03:02 PM
Hummer Veteran

ShaunH3 is off the scale

Cool, so is DAN the only guy here that custom fabricated his horn setup?? Looks like he has the LiteGlow air horns....the other post was referring to Hadley horns any input on these? I was looking for a setup that could mount fully under the hood, like the realwheels one.

JMV1210: That is EXACTLY why I am steering clear of the RealWheels kit!! I am very pleased to see that Lynch has their customer's interest ahead of the profit, because Scott at Lynch parts was VERY CLEAR to avoid this kit!! I am sorry to hear that you had to go through all the trouble that you have with it!! But at least, when it is working, is it a fun toy??

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Since you're also in the market for a new cabin air vent, maybe you could pipe the air through the horns? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually that's not a bad idea........but the air horn is going on the H2, not the H3.
Old 08-13-2005, 03:26 PM
Hummer Veteran

ShaunH3 is off the scale

How does this setup look??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Train-Air-Horns-100-Duty-Viair-Compressor-150dB-Loud_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33704QQitemZ799159 8229QQrdZ1
Old 08-13-2005, 04:00 PM
Hummer Expert

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">JMV1210: That is EXACTLY why I am steering clear of the RealWheels kit!! I am very pleased to see that Lynch has their customer's interest ahead of the profit, because Scott at Lynch parts was VERY CLEAR to avoid this kit!! I am sorry to hear that you had to go through all the trouble that you have with it!! But at least, when it is working, is it a fun toy?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am not sure if you realize it but the RealWheels kit is made by hadely. Real Wheels markets the kit for Hadely. Ya, when it works its cool......
Old 08-13-2005, 04:03 PM
Hummer Expert

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">How does this setup look??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Train-Air-Horns-100-Duty...temZ7991598229QQrdZ1 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The only thing is will that fit under the hood? You may have to mount the compressor (like Dan did) in another location and run lines from the compressor under the hood to the Air Horns.
Old 08-13-2005, 05:19 PM
Hummer Guru

frank6150 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been through 2 of the Real Wheels horns. The first one blew the valve off while I was refilling a friends tire and the second one where it screws into the air tank somehow sprung a leak. I just took it off and threw it in the garage till I get bored enough to try to fix it.
Old 08-14-2005, 03:42 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Joe, we get to hear Dan's in a few days! I'm going to make sure it goes on tape!
Old 08-14-2005, 10:28 AM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rodster:

Since you're also in the market for a new cabin air vent, maybe you could pipe the air through the horns? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why not do everything from the grill- like a Hummer Harmonica!!

Poop, I forgot about missing Dan's Horn! I'm too busy thinking about missing his fantastic buns. Video tape it for me please.
Old 08-14-2005, 11:44 AM
Hummer Expert

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Why not do everything from the grill- like a Hummer Harmonica!!

Poop, I forgot about missing Dan's Horn! I'm too busy thinking about missing his fantastic buns. Video tape it for me please. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dont you worry, we will get you some good footage!
Old 08-14-2005, 01:09 PM
Hummer Veteran

redbulljunkie67 is off the scale

I had a day off in Alanta about a month ago. And went to Lennox Mall, and I walked out of the mall and there was a really nice looking orange H2 and one of the things I noticed on it was the air horns.
Old 08-15-2005, 03:43 AM
Hummer Messiah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by h2co-pilot:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rodster:

Since you're also in the market for a new cabin air vent, maybe you could pipe the air through the horns? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why not do everything from the grill- like a Hummer Harmonica!!

Poop, I forgot about missing Dan's Horn! I'm too busy thinking about missing his fantastic buns. Video tape it for me please. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Whatever... I'm not videotaping his buns for you.
Old 08-15-2005, 03:43 AM
Hummer Messiah

Humm This, your problem has been discussed before. Taking it back is the solution.
Old 08-15-2005, 11:33 AM
Hummer Guru

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't worry CP, you'll get some buns pics even if I have to take them myself!

My horns are working pretty good. The bell (back round part with the diaphram in it) loosened on two of them and stopped sounding. I sent them back to the place I bought them, who then forwarded them to Grover. Apparently Grover is the manufacturer. I got them back in the mail with an instruction sheet on how to "voice" them. Basically you take them off the manifold, put air through each one and mess with the bell until it sounds clean. I thoroughly enjoyed irritating the neighbors tuning them!

Theyre back in the truck and they sound good. I wrapped the joint where the bell meets the trumpet with aluminum tape to keep them from loosening up again.
Old 08-15-2005, 01:02 PM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dan:
Don't worry CP, you'll get some buns pics even if I have to take them myself!

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A lil video might be nice too.

This thread is soooo horny!!
Old 08-15-2005, 01:43 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

CP,

The buns in Ken's avatar work just fine for me. Do we need any more bun pics?

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights