H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 05-20-2004, 04:49 AM
Hummer Authority

H2Finally is an unknown quantity at this point

On round trip LA - Las Vegas, in some inclines, my H2 will NOT go faster than 80mph with my foot literally pedal to the metal. RPM showed exactly 3500. Tried pumping the accelerator, tow button, dropping from D to 3 -- all to no avail. 3 Adults, 2 kids, small luggage, zero cargo... Not towing anything... Full tank of gas.... Anyone experienced this before? (Btw, minivan, pos sedan, etc. were passing me on the left... )

In addition to the damn roaring fan clutch (occurs 80% of the time, at temp 76 degrees and above) -- which still occurs with what is now the 2nd warranty-replaced new fan clutch in 2 months -- I think my H2 is a lemon!!
Hummer Authority

On round trip LA - Las Vegas, in some inclines, my H2 will NOT go faster than 80mph with my foot literally pedal to the metal. RPM showed exactly 3500. Tried pumping the accelerator, tow button, dropping from D to 3 -- all to no avail. 3 Adults, 2 kids, small luggage, zero cargo... Not towing anything... Full tank of gas.... Anyone experienced this before? (Btw, minivan, pos sedan, etc. were passing me on the left... )

In addition to the damn roaring fan clutch (occurs 80% of the time, at temp 76 degrees and above) -- which still occurs with what is now the 2nd warranty-replaced new fan clutch in 2 months -- I think my H2 is a lemon!!
Hummer Authority

Old 05-20-2004, 10:24 AM

Bad Dawg is off the scale

It's obviously your fault. You were driving too fast and bouncing too much You don't happen to have a lift and more aggressive tires do you?
Old 05-20-2004, 01:49 PM
Hummer Authority

Very funny. Mine is stock (except for some beautiful one-of-a-kind blings ), less than 6K miles, 4 months old.

The point with yours was you spent what, $5K? on lift & tires, love your H2, but will sell it because you don't want to spend another few hundred bucks to improve the only thing bothering you (tie rods)? Does not compute. Did you sell it yet, or r u gonna try those sleeves?
Old 05-20-2004, 02:13 PM
Hummer Guru

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Too much weight in the passenger seat.
Old 05-20-2004, 02:41 PM

Detonate is off the scale

With my roof rack, heavy bumpers + winch, 37" tires, and enough lead, scuba tanks, and equipment to support 5 divers, and camping gear for 3 days, as well as beer and ice, plus passengers, I was still able to get my speedometer to read over 100 MPH, and this is with 37's and my speedometer is not recalibrated, so actual MPH were greater.
Old 05-20-2004, 03:11 PM
Hummer Veteran

kdio is off the scale

Something does not sound right. At 80 MPH you should not be anywhere near 3500 RPM if in overdrive. How steep of a grade were you climbing? Prior to super charging my H2 a lot of vehicle were passing me up the hills in Lake Tahoe area. If you use the tow button the H2 won't shift so much.

With the supercharger installed, nobody can pass me now.
Old 05-20-2004, 03:21 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

It's most likely from the big-headed fair-weather Laker fan head you've got. Or that load of aerodynamically inefficient bling-bling crap you've got Elmered on your LaLa street rig and the fact that the driver is gravitationally disadvantaged.
Also, you might want to make sure that someone hasn't latched onto you from behind and is leeching a free ride up the hill.
Check your undercarriage for one of those faggy little hybrid toys. Maybe we all got lucky and you ran over Tim Robbins & Susan Sarandon.
Old 05-20-2004, 03:26 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

Something doesn't sound good here. Unless you were going straight up the mountain, you should not have had an issue with breaking 80 mph. In CO i get up to the mountains and have no problem breaking 100 with a full bus and gear. The only mod I have done is a hypertech programmer.

Bad gas?
Bad fuel filter?
How's your air filter?

I'm reaching here. I guess it's back to the dealer. good luck.
Old 05-20-2004, 03:38 PM
Hummer Expert

Texas Red is off the scale

I am guessing that it was a pretty steep grade and it had already downshifted from D to 3rd on its own. 3500 rpm at 80 mph in 3rd may not be unreasonable, but I'm not sure.

I remember some of those grades from Las Vegas back to LA years ago and I'm not too surprised at what you experienced. I guess my thought is why wasn't 80 mph enough for you.
Old 05-20-2004, 04:52 PM

Not to drag this away from your thread, just to answer your question: I was just trying to keep a sense of humor, sorry. Yes we sold it, but I am still very interested in the fixes, either by GM or others because I may be very interested in getting the new and improved 2006+ version. You know, the one with the Duramax
For what it's worth, I agree with Texas Red and others, with your rpm being so high and your speed max'd at 80 it sounds like you were in 3rd for some reason. Perhaps pushing the tow haul mode in and out during the climb confused it?
Old 05-20-2004, 07:36 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bad Dawg:
...Yes we sold it, but I am still very interested in the fixes, either by GM or others because I may be very interested in getting the new and improved 2006+ version. You know, the one with the Duramax .....

Yellow LUX, Airforce intake, stainless headers and exhaust, Superchips Programmer, Gobi rack and ladder, roof mounted off road lights, full wrap brush guard, rear light guards, outside tire carrier, Rancho 4" suspension lift, Ultra "EN4CER" 17x9 wheels, Goodyear 37/12.50R17 MT/R tires, removed side-step bars, 9.5ti warn multi-mount winch. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>If you sold it, how about removing your signature or at least be stand-up and change it to read that you no longer own an H2?
Old 05-20-2004, 07:37 PM
Hummer Veteran

Bevo is off the scale

Dawg,
Change your sig line to indicate that you are no longer an owner!
Yellow 03 Adventure w/black Grill, UM8 Touch Screen Navigation Radio, U2K XM Digital Radio, Remote 6-CD Changer, JBA Titanium Headers, Corsa Off-Road Sport, Airaid Filter & MIT, Nology Wires & Plugs, S&P Pro-Flash, Warn 9.5ti w/X-Line, Toyo Open Country M/T 37x13.5.
Old 05-20-2004, 07:39 PM
Hummer Veteran

Bevo is off the scale

Damnit Para,
Ya beat me to it
Yellow 03 Adventure w/black Grill, UM8 Touch Screen Navigation Radio, U2K XM Digital Radio, Remote 6-CD Changer, JBA Titanium Headers, Corsa Off-Road Sport, Airaid Filter & MIT, Nology Wires & Plugs, S&P Pro-Flash, Warn 9.5ti w/X-Line, Toyo Open Country M/T 37x13.5.
Old 05-20-2004, 08:26 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, well, well.

I call BS. You know darn well you left that thing in third just to upset the beauty queen. Now you must get a SC and you will most likely have her blessing. Great thinking!

You are a very smart man covering your tracks by posting that "problem" here.

Damn I crack myself up!
Attached Images

Old 05-20-2004, 08:49 PM

How's this?
Old 05-20-2004, 09:32 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bad Dawg:
How's this? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How about this?:
It sucks to be down here with the sheep
Old 05-20-2004, 10:16 PM

austoak is off the scale

Was Jeep chick in the truck with you?
Old 05-20-2004, 10:30 PM
Hummer Guru

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

If it gets the Dmax and no front end changes, will you still buy it?