H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 12-07-2005, 01:43 PM
Hummer Expert

W1N is off the scale

I'm getting that Kenwood also.

There are oem Nav systems that are double din sizes for Corvettes that GM imports to Europe. You guys should check that out as an option to get the nav system for your Hummers...
Old 12-07-2005, 02:11 PM
Hummer Professional

Ernie Italy is off the scale

I have talk with a friend on GM Hummer. Only kenwood...but forget the rear radio control.. This is what they install in Italy
Old 12-07-2005, 03:39 PM
Hummer Professional

Sportsdude is off the scale

I tried the 05 Corvette C6 DVD Europe map on my 05 H2 navigation and it didn't work.
Old 12-07-2005, 04:54 PM
Hummer Expert

W1N is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sportsdude:
I tried the 05 Corvette C6 DVD Europe map on my 05 H2 navigation and it didn't work. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I ment to the whole corvette receiver unit transfer, not just disc.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:41 PM
Hummer Professional

Sorry W1N, I didn't see your other post. I was just stating that I had tried the DVD map from the C6. The dealer I went to, sells Hummers and C6 Z06 among others exotic vehicles. They were pretty nice to let me try the C6 DVD map in my H2 to see if it will work.
Old 12-07-2005, 07:19 PM
Hummer Expert

W1N is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sportsdude:
Sorry W1N, I didn't see your other post. I was just stating that I had tried the DVD map from the C6. The dealer I went to, sells Hummers and C6 Z06 among others exotic vehicles. They were pretty nice to let me try the C6 DVD map in my H2 to see if it will work. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No probs, I have been searching this area myself. And the only solution I came up with was the Kenwood receiver with nav unit. Grand total goes here for like $4000... what can you say
Old 12-07-2005, 09:44 PM
Hummer Guru

OrangeCrush is an unknown quantity at this point

You may also want to look at a Panasonic. I had a flip down screen Panasonic in my Yukon and I bought it for the navigation. Imagine my surprise after I had it installed that Panasonic only made their nav discs for Europe only and no North American continent...

Mark
Old 12-08-2005, 05:19 AM
Hummer Expert

W1N is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OrangeCrush:
You may also want to look at a Panasonic. I had a flip down screen Panasonic in my Yukon and I bought it for the navigation. Imagine my surprise after I had it installed that Panasonic only made their nav discs for Europe only and no North American continent...

Mark </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think most of us are looking for a double din sized screen/receiver + nav that fits in the originals slot rathrer than a single din flip down receiver. At least I am.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:41 AM
Hummer Veteran

Ashley is off the scale

Hi

I would like to ask a question here, i understand it has been established that when removing the stock receiver from the H2 the rear controls will not work...

a. Which H2 has the rear radio controls?
b. How do they work? (what do they allow you to do, remote control the front OR have differing sound in the back)?
c. I saw in CA a small frequencies selector in the centre box of a H2 with the rear screens fitted, does this have anything to do with the rear radio controls or is this the rear DVD screen feature for something?
Old 12-08-2005, 07:59 AM
Hummer Novice

Christian GM is off the scale

Hi guys,
nice to meet you
I want to explain some point to all you:
1) Hummer is officially exported by GM trought IFS in many countries, such us all Europe, some countries of Asia and Africa
2) Doesn't matter for assistance people if it is official products or gray market, obviously if it is a gray market vehicle it does not have warranty coverage from GM except for Safety Campaign
3) we had try many aftermarket products, the best for design and features is the Kenwood one. We produce dash kit for H2, H3, Saab 9-7x, with also customized alluminium braket kit to fit in dash with OEM screws. Only in 2003 H2 you lost fader function, other function always work such as RAP, steering wheel control, chime.
You also loss rear audio control, but usually we add TV, i-pod interface, MP3 cd changer, rear wiev colour camera, external audio video input / output, or other monitors in the headrest, JVC high quality (better than the visuallogic)
4) Before choose an aftermarket device I try to swap DVD map from all GM European products into an H2 navigation radio, also I try to use other DVD from other manifacturer, I try to make one with PC, but it doesn't work. Even if it will work the radio can't read European frequencies, because it can not be programmed with the Tech2.
5) The standard radio can be easy programmed for European frequencies

Thanks for your attention!
Regards
Christian.

PS my job e-mail is service@hummeritaly.com
Old 12-08-2005, 09:34 AM
Hummer Guru

OrangeCrush is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by W1N:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OrangeCrush:

Mark </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think most of us are looking for a double din sized screen/receiver + nav that fits in the originals slot rathrer than a single din flip down receiver. At least I am. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree, I myself used the double din receiver. I just thought that perhaps Panasonic is still making European dics.... perhaps available as a double din.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ashley:
Hi

I would like to ask a question here, i understand it has been established that when removing the stock receiver from the H2 the rear controls will not work...

a. Which H2 has the rear radio controls?
b. How do they work? (what do they allow you to do, remote control the front OR have differing sound in the back)?
c. I saw in CA a small frequencies selector in the centre box of a H2 with the rear screens fitted, does this have anything to do with the rear radio controls or is this the rear DVD screen feature for something? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ashley,

Good point. I just had my Eclipse 2454 installed last week. Even thought I bought all the interfaces (OS, chime, steering control..jeez) I never even thought to check out the rear controls.

Doesn't really matter, the kids aren't allowed to play with the radio but still would be nice have everything functioning.

I'll have to check today.

Mark
Old 12-08-2005, 11:48 AM
Hummer Veteran

Ashley is off the scale

answer for b = would appear it allows HEADPHONES ONLY in the rear to have something that the radio can do like a CD playing WHILE the front still have the radio on.

The RADIO must have this as a function but I have a feeling it MIGHT need to CLASS 2 data stream as well, unsure of that part though.

Answer to c = This small unit sends the DVD rear screen sound to the radio so it can come out on the speakers (really bad way of doing this), it appears the rear DVD and screens are just an add in and no way wire anywhere else to the system (hence the frequency settings for sound so the radio can pick it up).

I'm getting there which is good...

Many Thanks
Ashley
Old 06-17-2006, 04:57 PM
Hummer Veteran

Darren is off the scale
Default Re: Navigation System for Europe

Anyone figured out how to get Nav working in Europe yet???

Will the US nav head unit not tune into European FM radio signals?? I thought it would?

Thanks!
Old 06-23-2006, 10:53 PM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren
Anyone figured out how to get Nav working in Europe yet???

Will the US nav head unit not tune into European FM radio signals?? I thought it would?

Thanks!
Europe map is not available for H2. Radio works fine in Europe.
Old 09-18-2006, 08:21 PM
Hummer Veteran

Darren is off the scale

Any news on this???
Old 09-21-2006, 06:27 AM
Hummer Expert

W1N is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren
Any news on this???

Get Kenwood DDX 6029 and the nav package. It will work fine and it is easy to install. You can even use the OnStar antenna for navigation.

I've done all that and it is awesome!