H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 11-22-2003, 11:09 PM

Centerfire is off the scale

I am sure that this subject has been covered. But Hell Let me try again. Regarding the air horns systems I 've seen posted on the forum that are installed under the hood. For those of you who have them installed.. DO they get in the way for any engine maitenence or repairs. Thanks for any info.

Mike
Old 11-22-2003, 11:09 PM

I am sure that this subject has been covered. But Hell Let me try again. Regarding the air horns systems I 've seen posted on the forum that are installed under the hood. For those of you who have them installed.. DO they get in the way for any engine maitenence or repairs. Thanks for any info.

Mike
Old 11-23-2003, 11:46 AM

unaslob is off the scale

if you install it where the manufacturer wants you to... then not really. you might have some problems getting to your spark plugs on that side, especially the rear two.

unaslob

Corsa Sport exhaust(offroad 'tip'), Gobi rack w/ lights & w/roof mounted tire w/ ladder, Warn Winch with rear power, Dual Wolo Airhorns w/ lanyard valve, Hadley Aircompressor 130PSI, 14" airtank, front and rear quick disconnects for air, Cobra 75 WX CB, Dual 4' Firestik fiberglass whips, front tinted windows, 7" Homer Simpson decal (teehee)!
Corsa Sport exhaust(offroad \'tip\'), Gobi rack w/ lights & w/roof mounted tire w/ ladder, Warn Winch with rear power, Dual Wolo Airhorns w/ lanyard valve, Hadley Aircompressor 130PSI, 14\" airtank, front and rear quick disconnects for air, Cobra 75 WX
Old 11-23-2003, 12:33 PM

Thanks.. I may stick to the siren speaker.. Sad thing is that there are no local stores who stock H2 toys.. SO we can not see them before we buy them.. INternet is great, however nothing is better then fondling the toys before ordering.. Mike
Old 11-23-2003, 08:39 PM

unaslob is off the scale

i dont have anything like that either... I just but a couple of different things that look like it might work, and send back what I dont use. sure, it is a bit more on shipping, but it sucks when you have things off the truck, and you find out the one thing you didnt buy, you need. I hate taking things apart more then once.

unaslob

Corsa Sport exhaust(offroad 'tip'), Gobi rack w/ lights & w/roof mounted tire w/ ladder, Warn Winch with rear power, Dual Wolo Airhorns w/ lanyard valve, Hadley Aircompressor 130PSI, 14" airtank, front and rear quick disconnects for air, Cobra 75 WX CB, Dual 4' Firestik fiberglass whips, front tinted windows, 7" Homer Simpson decal (teehee)!
Corsa Sport exhaust(offroad \'tip\'), Gobi rack w/ lights & w/roof mounted tire w/ ladder, Warn Winch with rear power, Dual Wolo Airhorns w/ lanyard valve, Hadley Aircompressor 130PSI, 14\" airtank, front and rear quick disconnects for air, Cobra 75 WX
Old 11-23-2003, 09:32 PM

HummerN23 is off the scale

Whelen Electronic Air Horn
Old 11-23-2003, 10:26 PM

Thanks.. I've used these for a number of years with Whelen or federal sirens.. They are loud. I have a 200 wait control box and I use two horns on my suburban, one facing forward and one rear... Nice ..However just not the same sound as a real airhorn.. STill wish I could see the set up in person.

Mike
Old 11-23-2003, 11:21 PM

5spd is off the scale

If you have a semi-repair/parts house in the area you can get super airhorns there also. We have a used place around here and I got a set of horns for $40 2 yrs back with air valves and stuff, when I hit em people jump... ..Now if my buddie in the railroad will send me some train horns......

Old 11-26-2003, 04:16 AM

RonA is off the scale

I purchased the kit that installs under the hood. They work great. If need by to install plugs you have only to unbolt 3 bolts. 5 minutes at the most. The install was easy with the exception of going thru the firewall gasket. The job take less than 30 minutes.
Old 01-10-2004, 07:23 AM

noc is off the scale

Have you guys seen this?? Even comes with a useable air compressor.

Lookie here!... Look Great!
Old 01-10-2004, 12:32 PM

unaslob is off the scale

ok that is it... I just got my nikon 5700... will post pics of my airhorn setup today...even though it is like -5 degrees here today... i will do it for the betterment of the forum.

unaslob

Old 01-10-2004, 03:30 PM

unaslob is off the scale

the airhorn

Old 01-10-2004, 03:35 PM

unaslob is off the scale

here you go...

airhorn

Attached Images

Old 01-10-2004, 03:39 PM

unaslob is off the scale

airhorn

Attached Images

Old 01-10-2004, 03:42 PM

unaslob is off the scale

airhorn
another pic

Old 01-10-2004, 03:44 PM

unaslob is off the scale

sorry... another airhorn pic

there should be another 4 foot whip on the right... thank jack williams tire and auto for ripping it off.

unaslob

Attached Images

Old 01-10-2004, 03:47 PM

unaslob is off the scale

the lanyard valve

Attached Images

Old 01-10-2004, 03:49 PM

unaslob is off the scale

14 " airtank

Attached Images

Old 01-10-2004, 03:51 PM

unaslob is off the scale

rear quick disconnect

Attached Images

Old 01-10-2004, 03:52 PM

unaslob is off the scale

front quick disconnect

Attached Images