H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 01-10-2004, 03:54 PM

unaslob is off the scale

well that is it for now. I will be posting some other pics in the photos of your h2 area soon.

unaslob

Corsa Sport exhaust(offroad 'tip'), Gobi rack w/ lights & w/roof mounted tire w/ ladder, Warn Winch with rear power, Dual Wolo Airhorns w/ lanyard valve, Hadley Aircompressor 130PSI, 14" airtank, front and rear quick disconnects for air, Cobra 75 WX CB, Dual 4' Firestik fiberglass whips, front tinted windows, 7" Homer Simpson decal (teehee)!
Corsa Sport exhaust(offroad \'tip\'), Gobi rack w/ lights & w/roof mounted tire w/ ladder, Warn Winch with rear power, Dual Wolo Airhorns w/ lanyard valve, Hadley Aircompressor 130PSI, 14\" airtank, front and rear quick disconnects for air, Cobra 75 WX
Old 01-10-2004, 04:56 PM

Centerfire is off the scale

So . you have to use a lanyard rather then a button to operate?

Mike
Old 01-10-2004, 08:05 PM
Hummer Veteran

Navigator is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by noc:
Have you guys seen this?? Even comes with a useable air compressor.

http://i8.ebayimg.com/03/i/00/9a/ac/11_1.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33654&item=2452170 321<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just installed this last week, I love it. 2 bolts & 2 spade connectors will remove it for a spark plug change otherwise it is not really in the way of anything.

Rich

2004 H2 Adventure Black w/Corsa Sport, Black Factory Wheels, Black Grill, Factory Nav, 12 Disc CD Changer, Intergrated XM, V-1, Hadley Air Horns, Sylvania Silver Stars.
2003 Nisan Murano
2003 Lincoln Navigator (for Sale)
2001 Ford Lightning W/mods
1999 F-350 W/mods
1999 Yukon Denali (for sale)

Mods & Pics

Old 01-11-2004, 12:02 AM

unaslob is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> So . you have to use a lanyard rather then a button to operate?

Mike <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

using a 'button' just plain sucks. you have no ability to control the volume of air you put through the horn, hence no ability to control the volume of the horn.

the lanyard allows very precise horn control. the button, has a slight delay in the on and off. the lanyard has the ability to give a friend a toot, that wont deafen them, and at the same time will allow you to deafen some ******* who pulls out in front of you.

unaslob

Corsa Sport exhaust(offroad 'tip'), Gobi rack w/ lights & w/roof mounted tire w/ ladder, Warn Winch with rear power, Dual Wolo Airhorns w/ lanyard valve, Hadley Aircompressor 130PSI, 14" airtank, front and rear quick disconnects for air, Cobra 75 WX CB, Dual 4' Firestik fiberglass whips, front tinted windows, 7" Homer Simpson decal (teehee)!
Corsa Sport exhaust(offroad \'tip\'), Gobi rack w/ lights & w/roof mounted tire w/ ladder, Warn Winch with rear power, Dual Wolo Airhorns w/ lanyard valve, Hadley Aircompressor 130PSI, 14\" airtank, front and rear quick disconnects for air, Cobra 75 WX
Old 01-11-2004, 04:27 AM

noc is off the scale

Great photos unaslob.

Nav, Can you post some install photos if you got them?
Old 01-11-2004, 12:46 PM
Hummer Veteran

Sure will, it will be a week till I get home though.

Rich

2004 H2 Adventure Black w/Corsa Sport, Black Factory Wheels, Black Grill, Factory Nav, 12 Disc CD Changer, Intergrated XM, V-1, Hadley Air Horns, Sylvania Silver Stars.
2003 Nisan Murano
1999 F-350 W/mods

Mods & Pics

Old 01-11-2004, 03:26 PM

Ok .. that I can understand... I just didn't want the chain hangin in my H2..

Mike
Old 01-11-2004, 05:20 PM
Hummer Authority

NJ H2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Here is the Air Horn Sold on this web site:
Air Horn

H2 MODS:
Xtremeflow Exhaust, Power Flash Programmer, Xtremeflow Intake, Hella Bixenons, Polished Skid Plate, Chrome OEM Wheels, Chrome Driving Light Bezels, Rosen R6500, Alpine DVD NAV

Old 01-11-2004, 07:05 PM

I know of this one we can order it from RealWheels as POPGUNS is now a Dealer for Realwheels.. We have not investigated the install.. I believe it too may use the lanyard..

Not sure, as I said we have just added the ,line a couple of weeks ago, and will be a couple more before my web master gets the stuff on line..

Mike
Old 01-11-2004, 08:26 PM
Hummer Veteran

I havent had any problems controlling the horn with the steering wheel. It even works with the remote double lock, gives the short little toot.

Rich

2003 Nisan Murano
1999 F-350 W/mods

Mods & Pics

Old 01-13-2004, 02:00 PM

I pulled the install instructions off Realwheels site for their Airhorn.. It is installed directly to the Factory Horn . The instructions have you install a toggle switch. This allows you to either use factory horn or both factory and airhorns..

I added one to our order should be here by the end of the week. hope to install it Sunday.

Mike
Old 01-13-2004, 02:35 PM

MisterEd is off the scale

Navigator.....how loud is that puppy?? Will it make the gal in front of you who's putting on her lipstick smear it all over her face????

Ed

Age is a state of mind. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.....
Old 01-14-2004, 12:28 AM

unaslob is off the scale

my horns are 135 dB's.... loud... unimpeded by engine compartment.... and with a large airtank... am able to sustain a decent blast without hitting on the compressor.

unaslob

Old 01-14-2004, 01:57 AM
Hummer Veteran

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MisterEd:
Navigator.....how loud is that puppy?? Will it make the gal in front of you who's putting on her lipstick smear it all over her face????

Ed

Age is a state of mind. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's loud, I diddnt hook up the toggle switch, I just unplugged the factory horns.

It will also make them drop their dam cell phones

Rich

2003 Nisan Murano
1999 F-350 W/mods

Mods & Pics

Old 01-14-2004, 11:57 AM

I plan not to use the toggle switch either. Shoot if I 'm going to use the horn , I want to use the big horn.

Mike
Old 01-16-2004, 04:54 PM

Humnet is off the scale

Would it be possible for someone to post a wav file of their air horn so we could 'try before we buy', sort of like the sound samples you can get for the Corsa exhaust?
Old 01-17-2004, 03:07 PM

unaslob is off the scale

i have the wolo horn...

check out www.wolo-mfg.com

they have all the horn sounds on there.

unaslob