H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 08-10-2006, 08:20 PM
Hummer Professional

Scouts Out is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Service Department Denial

Ok, I really liked the salesman (Todd) and the first service manager that Wright had (George). He has quit (apparently awhile ago but they just now finally admitted it). George was on top of things, he knew what was happening, I think he even read the board. In the past three months they have had two different service managers, the first was a jag-off, rude, and ingnorant. He thought he and he only was the resident expert. He was the one who told me in early July not to worry about the Jack and that the roof rails were not even being made yet to be replaced and that they were being replaced at the discretion of the dealer.

I call today to check to see if they were ready to replace mine and behold, a new service manager. This one is nice but preoceeds to tell me that the roof rails have not made it into there parts department yet because they have not released the parts numbers yet. I ask her to hold and tell her I have the parts number (from the H3 forum, thank you). She replies, let me call you back. two hours later, nada, none no phone call back.

When should I get mad?

Superior Blue, Adventure Package, Roof mounted off road lights, Auto, 6 Disk Monsoon with XM, Brush Guard, Tire Cover, Husky mud flaps, flat steps, black fuel door.

Other Cars.....

1980 Triumph TR8 3.5 litre V8
Old 08-10-2006, 08:24 PM
Hummer Veteran

Tubs McFatty is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Service Department Denial

Have a sandwich, that always calms me down.
Old 08-10-2006, 08:26 PM
Hummer Guru

dochummer is an unknown quantity at this point

NOW!!! I would call her back and let her know that you're still waiting for her response, in fact, you've been waiting for quite some time....

'03 H2
Old 08-10-2006, 08:27 PM
Hummer Veteran

Tubs McFatty is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochummer
NOW!!! I would call her back and let her know that you're still waiting for her response, in fact, you've been waiting for quite some time....

I think you need a stick of pepperoni sir. It will mellow you out.
Old 08-10-2006, 08:46 PM
Hummer Veteran

Field Scout is on a distinguished road

Call her back now! you've done her job for her by giving you the part # and you have been waiting from the first manager. least they could do is get back to you with an update..... parts on order or back ordered but you shouldn't have to wait so long to know something
Old 08-10-2006, 08:52 PM
Hummer Guru

usetosellhummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Time to talk to the person who's name is on the building.
Old 08-10-2006, 08:53 PM
Hummer Guru

usetosellhummer is an unknown quantity at this point

hey tubbs, your a weak ae at best.
Old 08-10-2006, 09:25 PM
Hummer Professional

ChevyHighPerformance is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouts Out
Ok, I really liked the salesman (Todd) and the first service manager that Wright had (George). He has quit (apparently awhile ago but they just now finally admitted it). George was on top of things, he knew what was happening, I think he even read the board. In the past three months they have had two different service managers, the first was a jag-off, rude, and ingnorant. He thought he and he only was the resident expert. He was the one who told me in early July not to worry about the Jack and that the roof rails were not even being made yet to be replaced and that they were being replaced at the discretion of the dealer.

I call today to check to see if they were ready to replace mine and behold, a new service manager. This one is nice but preoceeds to tell me that the roof rails have not made it into there parts department yet because they have not released the parts numbers yet. I ask her to hold and tell her I have the parts number (from the H3 forum, thank you). She replies, let me call you back. two hours later, nada, none no phone call back.

When should I get mad?

I spoke to a lady from Wright a couple months ago about the rails. She called me back a day later but with nothing that I didn't read here already. Try Cochran - they told me that the new rails are in as of 3 weeks ago - at that time they didn't install any.
Old 08-10-2006, 09:33 PM
Hummer Veteran

cestwick is off the scale

Quote:

When should I get mad?
Call up the dealership ask for parts and ask them to check a couple part #'s for you, should take 2 minutes at most.
'06 H3 Shadow Green, Adventure, 6 disk Monsoon, SMA brush guard w/PIAA lights, Rocky Road extreme rocker protection, roof lights(off road), lower grill lights(off road), Helo Maxx8 Black Wheels, 35" Cooper STT, Garmin I-Que M4 to get home.
Old 08-11-2006, 12:12 AM
Steve - SanJose

Smoke a joint, check back tomorrow.

Just kidding, can understand your frustration.

S.

Last edited by Steve - SanJose : 08-11-2006 at 12:18 AM.
Old 08-11-2006, 12:30 AM
Hummer Guru

Agriv8r is an unknown quantity at this point

parts and service should go hand in hand, but if you have a service-manager-meryy-go-round, skip straight to parts. they really are seperate divisions and the service managers being new, may not be aware of bullitiens released before they joined the team.
Old 08-11-2006, 12:36 AM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agriv8r
parts and service should go hand in hand, but if you have a service-manager-meryy-go-round, skip straight to parts. they really are seperate divisions and the service managers being new, may not be aware of bullitiens released before they joined the team.

My experience is that seasoned service managers are not aware of 80% of the bulletins.

Scouts Out: You have more patience that me, I would have called back 2 hrs and 1 minute later.
Old 08-11-2006, 12:57 AM
Hummer Guru

service managers are hired in part due to expierence, the expierence may be with running the department and not the specific make or model that he is servicing...before the hollering starts its not my system, just my observation
Old 08-11-2006, 01:47 AM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agriv8r
service managers are hired in part due to expierence, the expierence may be with running the department and not the specific make or model that he is servicing...before the hollering starts its not my system, just my observation
'

to be honest, I should apologize to all good service managers out there. There are quite a few, and the minority of bad ones are the only ones most will remember.
Old 08-11-2006, 01:56 AM
Hummer Veteran

fw888 is on a distinguished road

what's wrong with rail in the first place ?
Old 08-11-2006, 05:10 AM
Hummer Professional

lance-n is off the scale

who cares what's wrong with the roof rails.
this is all about bashing the service managers!!!

1995 White mint OJ mobile (full size Ford Bronco) - sold

2007 Silver Nissan Armada - wifemobile
2005 42' Tiara Sportfisher - Tournament Rigged and 40 knots!
Old 08-11-2006, 01:32 PM
Hummer Professional

Scouts Out is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I called her back and she was not there then it was closing time, I will call back today and talk to my salesman who I have given 3 sales to. I really do not feel I should have to go to a dealer other than the oe I bought from.

Superior Blue, Adventure Package, Roof mounted off road lights, Auto, 6 Disk Monsoon with XM, Brush Guard, Tire Cover, Husky mud flaps, flat steps, black fuel door.

Other Cars.....

1980 Triumph TR8 3.5 litre V8
Old 08-11-2006, 01:46 PM
Hummer Authority

partsguy is an unknown quantity at this point

I just checked the GM locator.They have one of each(likely Ordered for someone)Most dealers stock at least 3 of each just in case"Oh by the way there is a crack on my plastic peice on the roof".Put it on out the door, don't have to come back for a special order.
Just my two cent's.
Old 08-11-2006, 02:20 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Well I called her back and she was not there then it was closing time, I will call back today and talk to my salesman who I have given 3 sales to. I really do not feel I should have to go to a dealer other than the oe I bought from.

THE SALES MANAGER WOULD BE BETTER HELP. The salespeople really do not have alot of pull. Just a suggestion.
Old 08-13-2006, 03:42 PM
Hummer Veteran

humdoug is an unknown quantity at this point

I took me 1 hour to explain the roof rail problem to the parts manager at Wright. He didn't believe there was a problem. I even cited the part numbers and he told me he would check. The next day he called me and told me he ordered new rails. About two weeks later I received a call from the parts manager telling me my new roof rails are in. He told me service would call to schedule the work. Three days later, no call. Guess I'll call service myself and set it up.

Can't wait till I get their survey to fill out! Thats how to express yourself!!!