H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Photos of YOUR H2

Old 08-29-2006, 12:40 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: FINALLY...Taz's H2

How far is Arkansas from VA beach?

TAZ, that makes us very happy to know you're being treated properly... finally.
Old 08-29-2006, 01:48 AM
Hummer Authority

partsguy is an unknown quantity at this point

If Ken won't give his up I may know someone who will.
Old 08-29-2006, 02:52 AM
MotorsportsAuthority aka Dragon's Avatar
MotorsportsAuthority aka Dragon MotorsportsAuthority aka Dragon is offline
Hummer Professional

MotorsportsAuthority aka Dragon is an unknown quantity at this point

It was raining, so I had to take pics in the garage. Hood pics up:

Old 08-29-2006, 03:14 AM
Hummer Authority

H2Finally is an unknown quantity at this point

Cool! I like how the scoop goes all the way back to the windshield.

The scoop is rigid enough without any cross brace across such a long cut/opening in the hood?

Did you put expanded metal or mesh across the opening to prevent squirrels from getting warm in there overnight?

...uh, never mind, the rig is indoor cause it's raining out u said...
Old 08-29-2006, 03:49 AM
Hummer Professional

So far we haven't had any issues with the scoop, and it's been opened and closed at several shows. There isn't a mesh in it now, but meshing it would be real easy.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:52 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

Hey it appears The Beastly Beauty is someplace besides at the shop by the looks of the scoop pic. Dragon must be driving Her home. But, could be the bays were all full and He just absolutely had no choice but to drive that bad girl home and park her in the garage. Dragon did You get the boost gauge and air/fuel working? You better not be out romping on it and burning up the rice rockets without being able to watch her vitals. You may have forgotten We have the 12lb. boost pulley on the Beast. So be careful You can get in a bad situation pushing it very hard with the methanol injection system off. You could put some of the race fuel We have in the back with 93 octane and that would help give more protection. But, You have some protection. I have the 5lb. tune in at this time and not the HPTUNERS.com custom tune in. That way it will retard the timing giving a margin of safety if You or I are lead footing it to much. But would feel safer if boost and air/fuel gauges were working.

Seriously though, I know You have a plan to do some more upgrades this week and next on interior as well as some body stuff so I bet You took the girl home to give big Nick a ride to church. You can't start to soon getting Our boy use to power. We need to get started on designing Nick's cart racing rig. They have a class for 4 and 5 year olds. Don't tell Moma know yet though. Motorsports and HUMMERcustoms needs to figure Our sponsor budget for Nick the man.

Oh, I almost forgot to mention to all My forum Buds. I just found out a few weeks ago I'm going to be a Grandpa at 49 well 50 by time baby gets here.. Some of You knew about the miscarriage My oldest had last year and they had been told they may not be able to have kids so God proved all wrong and My eldest Girl is getting a belly more all the time. They moved to Nashville a few weeks ago and found a new Doc and test were run again and for second time confirmed I will be a grandpappi for the first time.

I married My youngest off in June the same day as Motorsports annual car show which will most likely have to move to county fair grounds but, at least some place bigger. Man was i running around allot that day. Being at the show till 1pm and leave to get to wedding at 3pm then drive them off in The Beastly Beauty as My little girl said the heck with a limo. I got a show winning, butt hauling H2 to be driven off in. I could careless about a Limo so, that is what We did. Had a big, well 2 or 3 big ole football playin country boys stand outside and guard The Beast so no one not only touched the Girl but did not even get close to her. But, to be fair We let people at shows look in and usually let the little kids get up in the drivers seat. It is them We want to inspire to like and get invovled someday into showing cars and trucks or what ever they want to build. Maybe just inspire them to save up for a good old model Hummer and restore it or just take it to the woods like they do old pickup trucks now and just off road and beat them up.

Dragon it sure appears The Beast is parked in an area with a really low ceiling that would not be a shop ceiling. But, anyway He knows it is Ok to keep in His garage so he can keep all the shop crud off and out of inside of the girl as much as possible. Thanks pardner for looking after Our girl. Just be careful and not drive it to much.

Thanks everyone that again PM'd Me recently after this thread started to encourage Me and reminding Me that allot of You do not forget the battle I have fought for as long as i have known most of the long time members that have become my Buds and for as long as I have been a member.

Hey partsguy I will be coming into Pittsburg possibly this next weekend on a business deal so if You want me to drive a SUT back to start on a slant back I could do that. But, really Dragon would need to OK as He is not quite ready to add that project yet and yes He will need a doner KenP unless H2's keep going down it may get tempting to buy an SUT myself. I have been ahocked by prices on Ebay and My own dealer trying to talk Me into getting a new H2. He is nutts as he knows i will not part wih My girl. I told them if they want to donate one as a sponsorship for Us to lift and add all the off-road stuff and change paint job We could do that and take it to shows as daily driver to promote the dealership. I had that idea in the back of My head for a little while but, just could not so far bring Myself to spend that much again with them losing value so fast and so badly. I may wait till they find a bottom on price fall.

I have been wanting to buy the new Challenger when it is ready to order. I have a young man i mentored in business and other things and basiclly have been Uncle Rick his whole life. He now owns a Chrysler, Jeep, and Dodge dealership and He has me on top of list to order a Challenger..

So if anyone is getting any pre-release info on this car please PM Me and fill me in more. I have some info but, very little slipping out so far. I know if anyone can get the low down on a vehicle it is the members of this Forum. So please help me out as to what I want to order and anything special to order. What colors are going to be offered. I alteady know I will get a Hemi but, just how bad they will make the power depends on if i buy their power or just buy more of a base engine then Dragon and I will add the HP/torque ourselves.

Thanks all for well wishs
TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 08-29-2006, 01:26 PM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations on everything Taz. I am happy for you and hope things continue to get better.

I think Dragon is using it for his Daily Driver.
Old 08-29-2006, 01:39 PM
Hummer Authority

Ric,
If you're gonna be close (pittsburg=4 hours)Call me.
My daughter has a baseball game next Sat. At 1:00 but free
the rest of the day.I can load up and drive to steel city no problem.

As far as the SUT truck I think the person who owns it would be heart broken if it were to be gone for a long period of time.

Thanks Pappy!!!!!!!
Old 08-29-2006, 01:59 PM
Hummer Veteran

IBHUMIN is on a distinguished road

I would give up my SUT if you gave me a H1 to drive while they work on the slant back. I can't drive my motorcycle everyday ( what if it rains??)

Sounds like a deal to me..................what do you think Parts Guy?????
Old 08-29-2006, 03:00 PM
Hummer Professional

Just as you mentioned, it's in my garage to keep the crud off it until I can back to it. ...And I've babied her.
Old 08-29-2006, 03:22 PM
Hummer Veteran

Dennis Lorenz is off the scale

Are you kidding me..... I think I threw up a little in my mouth when I saw that first picture.
Old 08-29-2006, 04:13 PM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Lorenz
Are you kidding me..... I think I threw up a little in my mouth when I saw that first picture.
Double vision will do that to a person.Jim Beam and Frosted flakes are not a balanced breakfast.
Old 08-29-2006, 07:47 PM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

Hey partsguy I will see if We can get together. I do not know My schedule yet. But, buying plane tickets at last minute is a bummer. I do not travel enough to know how to get the last minute good deals. But, the schedule is that unpredictable right now. Hoping to have it locked down soon like today but, waiting on a partner in the deal to let me know when i need to get on a plane. It sure would be great to get to see you. We will do our best to.

If someone can help me to understand how to get last minute deals on airfare I can leave from Little Rock,AR or Memphis,TN. it is just an hour and half drive from Me. Well that is if I took reasonable amount of time to drive to Memphis.
So any advice as to how to get good deals on last minute flights with unfilled seats please let me know how it all works and what to do.

I know You are not going to like this partsguy but, it is not right to not give credit where credit is due. partsguy has been a huge part of this build. It did not take long to find out that most of the dealers I called trying to learn more about certain issues We ran into to get help with in figuring out something whether parts or anything in general We already knew more than the guys we were talking to. We learned quick not to waste time just call partsguy. He would either know what Dragon and I needed to know & if not He would go to engineers at Hummer for us to get an answer if He had to. The same with parts. Where we had issues with having to buy a $1200 piece of equipment to get a $50 dollar part off it partsguy dug into it and broke it down making phone calls till He was able to get Us the part seperate when all the dealers i called just answered based on what they knew from past year models and the 2005 & up Hummer did some smart stuff and changed some of the highway robbery on parts that the dealers were getting away with. partsguy made sure we did not buy anything more or less than just what We needed to do what We needed. If it did not break down as far as where he could tell if it should be something that We should be getting by itself then He went and talked to who or how many people He needed to so We did not waste money.

I'm not sure if it is appropriate to mention His dealer name so i will leave that to someone else on the forum that knows or to partsguy Himself to mention. I just know that if this guy was at no matter what dealer it was or where it was he would still have done the same thing. So I'm just trying to give someone credit for being more dedicated to the Hummer World than just pushing paper around of which i have heard that partsguy has got to do more of now since He has more responsibilities than he use to.

So thanks partsguy You have been an intregal part of this build with Your knowledge of the systems. It really is good to see a guy that understands the Hummer and has as much knowledge about the functioning of the parts as You do and not just where is the part bolted on at. Thanks for saving Our hide on several occasions.

Oh and someone mentioned the light bars. It just so happened that i had a Buddy that had them in My hands before it was know that they were going to be available. When he looked into them after Me hearing a rumor He went out and some how got me a set of offcial Hummer light bars for a H2.
Thanks partsguy and i look forward to along frienship as well as a business friendship. I know that Dragon feels the same way. We both have discussed who the go to man is. If You do not have an answer You will find the answer ASAP.

I have not been able to go to shop for almost 5 weeks now because of off and on driving restrictions by doctors. But, Dragon gets more done when i'm not up there in the way anyhow but, man it has been hard having to stay away. I just miss it. I tell Dragon it is My happy place where i forget all the things going on to me around me I just ignore phone for awhile and have fun while there. It has been that way from the beginning but, Dragon made some personel changes since i got to go back last time that has made it better than it was I'm guessing. Dragon seems happier and that is what makes Me happiest.

THANKS partsguy I know You help allot of us.

TAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by partsguy
Ric,
If you're gonna be close (pittsburg=4 hours)Call me.
My daughter has a baseball game next Sat. At 1:00 but free
the rest of the day.I can load up and drive to steel city no problem.

As far as the SUT truck I think the person who owns it would be heart broken if it were to be gone for a long period of time.

Thanks Pappy!!!!!!!
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 08-29-2006, 08:36 PM
Hummer Authority

Taz let me say this in the most respectfull way........you have been taking to many drug's.

you are way to kind...... and I mean it, stay off Oxy cotton(don;t know the correct spelling)

Let me know your plans and we'll catch some dinner at the bottom of Mt washington.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:23 PM
Hummer Expert

drmiles is off the scale

AWSOME, AWSOME,AWSOME !!! Hope someday to see in person

Old 08-30-2006, 04:02 PM
Hummer Authority

JamesT is an unknown quantity at this point

WOW!
Old 09-26-2006, 01:18 PM
Hummer Guru

frenzy1 is on a distinguished road

Wow ! That's one of a kind !!!
Old 09-26-2006, 05:36 PM
Hummer Veteran

LaserMan1982 is on a distinguished road

Wow, that's perfect
Old 09-26-2006, 06:18 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad to see everything is going great for you TAZ.

Baby is cute! Looks like a smoocher.

My Video Collectionez

Old 09-27-2006, 12:00 AM
Hummer Veteran

HUMMERDOGG. is on a distinguished road

Dragon-

Can you post some more pictures from the front and side of the hood showing the angle of the hoodscoop. BTW, very nice looking...

-Dogg