H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 09-24-2003, 01:32 AM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

This is why Buckeye...

He ain't heavy.....
He's ma HUMMER baby!
03 NUDE Pewter Lux H2
03 Dressed Range Rover
Attached Images

My Video Collectionez

Old 09-24-2003, 01:41 AM

Kevin B is off the scale

DRTYFN,

Im not in my nightie yet but im heading that way.

I just think it got out of hand thats all. Have you ever been out in the desert and a group of jeeps go by and the two groups snarl at each other? It just seems kinda silly, all it takes is for one guy to wave and the ice is broken and usually everything is cool after that.

Mutual respect and dignity still go a long way in this world. I've said enough so I think Ill shut up now
Old 09-24-2003, 01:46 AM

scrover is off the scale

OK no more picking apart posts Except for these:

"Your welcome" as in my welcome or you're welcome as in you are welcome?

"Scrotum, I mean Scrover" I tried it, the DMV rejected it so I settled for (lick my) scrover.

"How could you determine my skills at offroading?" err, I saw you drive?

"or were you one of the chicken ****s running your mouth at the bottom of the hill?" I was the guy that said to you "you could walk right up that hill, do you have enough room to get past those trucks?" I didn't realized at that moment what an arrogant dick you are.

"Yes I said "tore" no that doesn't mean Steve literally destroyed the trail dumping trash along the way while he discarded his cigarette into the brush and bounced gas out of open gas cans." Now you're being silly, he doesn't smoke.

I really don't take it so seriously I'm sure Steve achieved what he set out to do and that's all that matters right?

Peace

Steve
Old 09-24-2003, 01:51 AM

scrover is off the scale

Damn, I missed a few insightful posts

BRB
Old 09-24-2003, 02:12 AM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

Can`t we for once enjoy a post and not have it degraded by a bunch of ball sacks?

That was a great story. And quite accurate considering the confirmation of the LR visitors.

Even if Steve took it slow, didn`t say a peep,
extremely polite, humble....whatever. These(refering to SCROTUM TROLLS, not true LR members) ball scratchers will find SOMETHING to demean it.

He ain't heavy.....
He's ma HUMMER baby!
03 NUDE Pewter Lux H2
03 Dressed Range Rover

My Video Collectionez

Old 09-24-2003, 02:47 AM

jetson is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I've already been banned from the LR website having posted nothing at all.... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow - you were banned from disocweb? That seems a bit harsh to me. Being a newbie, I once asked why a certain thread was locked and was told that it didn't relate to discos. It was in the General section so it was very confusing as to how they decide which ones to lock. In the same section were many topics unrelated to discos.

I've received great assistance and tons of invaluable information from that site. I sure hope this doesn't create such bad vibes that banning becomes the solution.

Respectfully,

Kenny

Disco Pics
Old 09-24-2003, 02:54 AM

jetson is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Serious question: Does anyone know why Rover owners attach ALL of their cargo on top of the vehicle and none inside? I mean we aren't going on a safari and it makes those suckers a little top heavy don't ya think? Some of the inclines we were doing at White Mountain (yes with bypasses for the newbies so they don't get scared away Steve)were so steep I wouldn't even put my tire on top. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Buckeye,

If you want an answer from someone who isn't all that experienced with it (at least not offraoding anyway). The discos are not blessed with much cargo room really. When I travel with my family, I use a luggage box on the roof rails for a good reason! But the owners manual warns against placing too much weight on the roof when offroading. I think the truck weighs close to 5000 pounds and it's definitely bottom heavy. I have taken mine on some angles that were hair raising by my standards, but I would be somewhat nervous if I had a load on the roof.

Kenny

Disco Pics
Old 09-24-2003, 03:32 AM

scrover is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Buckeye Hummer:
Serious question: Does anyone know why Rover owners attach ALL of their cargo on top of the vehicle and none inside? I mean we aren't going on a safari and it makes those suckers a little top heavy don't ya think? Some of the inclines we were doing at White Mountain (yes with bypasses for the newbies so they don't get scared away Steve)were so steep I wouldn't even put my tire on top.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Serious answer: We never really know if we're gonna make it home So, with all the spare parts, food, clothes, gas, water, spare tire (anything more than an inch over stock won't fit inside), recovery gear, Spam and Grey Poupon, something has to go on the roof rack. So, we may as well just put everything up there and leave room inside for sleeping while the tow truck arrives

Steve
Old 09-24-2003, 03:45 AM

HeeHaw is off the scale

Scrotum, not bad, it only took 5 pages of BS to get down to it.

Bravo for stepping up and telling the truth....Are you a lawyer?

HeeeeeeeeHawwwwwwwwwww
Old 09-24-2003, 03:57 AM
Hummer Expert

Buckeye Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Scrover, good answer. We pack lots of food, water, (get gas just before we enter the trail and right after we finish too) I've found that my roof rack works best at keeping the trees from scratching my paint on top but I also occasionaly throw my tire up there but have found it screws up my satellite radio reception. So for now, it's just for looks until we hit some more level trails. The spare will continue to bounce around in the back and the cooler will always reside where I can reach it.
Old 09-24-2003, 04:13 AM

Axel is off the scale

"I've already been banned from the LR website having posted nothing at all.... "

If you haven't posted anything at all, that is probably the reason. Inactive accounts gets purged from time to time, at the last cleanup, around 800 accounts that were more than 90 days old with no activity within the last 180 days were deleted.
Old 09-24-2003, 04:31 AM

scrover is off the scale

Hey Axel, you're up late
Old 09-24-2003, 04:39 AM

scrover is off the scale

"Bravo for stepping up and telling the truth....Are you a lawyer?"

Me? Nah

"Although care has been taken in preparing the information contained in this document, scrover does not and cannot guarantee the accuracy thereof. Anyone using the information does so at their own risk and shall be deemed to indemnify scrover from any and all injury or damage arising from such use."
Old 09-24-2003, 05:59 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

Okay guys....let's wrap this up and bring an end to the festival of hostilities.

I'm really not happy with the way things have developed on this forum or the DiscoWeb. For the record, I have not actually been kicked off the Dweb.....I simply cleaned my computer and removed a bunch of "cookies", the site just doesn't recognize me and I don't recall my password.

They say hindsight is 20/20. In reflecting back I have to admit that openly challenging the crowd seemed a bit over-the-top...but you have to understand the preemptive elements that led to that situation:

I came to that event with the sole intent of perhaps finding a new trail for our group to run AND to just get out and have some fun. I had no other agenda.

Yes, I was heckled, teased and given a hard time about the H2. It was annoying, a bit rude and provoked me a bit. Heck...just after being introduced some guy (Ron???) in the crowd suggested giving me a sticker that read "I wish I had a Land Rover"...and everybody laughed.

The joking continued...much of it done face-to-face as people checked out the H2 (and so Scrover & others may not have been aware). All this teasing didn't exactly promote my keeping a humble composure. I kept it mellow and rolled with the punches.

I went up that hill with only one intent...to get up it and make it safely. I went straight up with no problems at all. When I got to the top it was evident that I would have to be the first vehicle to come back down....and so I turned around and proceeded down.

To this point everything was just fine. They cheered me, I got congrats and all was well.

It was when I got to the bottom that some jerk (Ron??) heckled me by telling me that I had been lucky and that I had taken the easy way up. Okay...THAT'S a freakin' challenge and something I wasn't about to swallow. You say that to me or any other guy and you're gonna get a response.

I turned around and proceeded to repeat my ascent up the right side of the hill. My reference to "tearing" up the hill was in regard to speed and authority...not actual damage to the terrain. I probably had the least impact on that hill that day.

I then turned around and came back down. When I got to the bottom I thought it would be funny (and shut the heckler up) by running backwards a bit. It was quick, brief and maybe 1/3 the way up.

I then got out and asked if anyone else wanted a crack at the hill. Yes, it was (in hindsight) a bit obnoxious. I'll admit, I got caught-up in the adrenaline and was riding on a victory-rush...much like the football player who runs the ball into the endzone.

All things considered, you can't tease a guy a whole bunch, heckle him and then belittle his accomplishment by telling him he was just lucky and took the easy way.

Bottom line: the heckler deserved the attitude and not the entire crowd. What's worse, most the crowd was not likely aware of all the crap I was being given.....and so I can understand the title of....how did Scrover put it....ah yes..."arrogant dick" being bestowed upon me. For the record, I much prefer arrogant Prick....or bastard.

Scrover actually seemed like a real cool guy...he (earlier) waved at me, gave me a smile and greeted me with a deilghtful english accent. I've got no beef with ya Scrov...just please consider the pressure & grief I was operating under. I was really there to have fun, be helpful and enjoy the day.....what I got was less then...well, you know.

As for my "write-up", Alec is right....it's much like a fishing story....I sensationalized it and fertilized it rich with humor. It was an entertaining piece intended to bring home some pride to the home team. We've taken some nasty heat from attacks...it seemed like a triumphant story to enjoy. It's probably not the best read for a diehard LR-fan.....but this is an H2 forum and it's quite tame as compared to some of what I've read abroad.

I believe an understanding of my perception explains much of my behavior that day. I really had no hidden agenda and actually sought to avoid competitive confrontation...some of those Defenders looked pretty fierce!

Doug was, and is, a complete gentlemen. He was very graceful in extending to me an invitation to their event and I appreciated the opporutnity to meet some new people and check-out some fascinating rigs.

I appreciate the backing some of my forum-buddies have given me, but now it seems like a good time to bring to a close the bickering I seem to have initiated. We're all better people then this. As Scrover says....PEACE. For my part I will apologize.

- Steve

[This message was edited by Steve R on 09-24-03 at 01:09 AM.]
Old 09-24-2003, 06:09 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

Uh...seeing as I can't quite get onto the Dweb, if someone capable can copy & paste it to that site...I'd appreciate it.
Old 09-24-2003, 08:48 AM

Axel is off the scale

Done. The thread is now closed over on Dweb. As I am in NJ, I was obviously not present and have no opinion or first hand knowledge of what actually took place. But I agree with Steve, letting the discussion degenerate further into a pissing contest of who said what to whom, or LR vs. Hummers is pointless.

Axel
Old 09-24-2003, 12:40 PM

scrover is off the scale

Steve,

That explains a lot. I wasn't aware of any heckling at any time.(My CB was off - I forgot the antenna ) My reaction was purely based on your behavior, the likes of which I hadn't seen before, at least not on a trail. It was never an LR vs Hummer thing.

I can say one thing for sure, you have quite a following on this board. I learned some interesting new words from your supporters who despite not being witness to the events, stood behind you to the last.

I take back my insults (feel free to use them on the taco boys ) and wish you well on the trail.

Not sure where PEACE came from, I never say that; it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Scrotum
Old 09-24-2003, 01:15 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Scrov(damn, I still want to call you Scrot),
I'm impressed that you've made nice with Steve. That really shows a lot about your character.
Occasionally when there's a thrashing on this forum, the parties involved end up establishing respect & friendship for each other. It's sort of a feeling out process to determine each other's character & personality.
I, for one, would go wheelin' with you anytime. I might have to strap & winch you over things, but I'd still go with ya.
Old 09-24-2003, 02:30 PM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

Scrov,

There is one last detail I'd like to add...my co-pilot/friend Billy came with me that day and was wandering around amoungst your group. He was even up on that hill when the first vehicles were having problems...he overheard a LOT of stuff:

There were plenty of people mocking the H2 and hoping it would fail on that hill, maybe even have a wheel fall-off or broken part. THAT would have surely made their day. They weren't just shooting the breeze, they were hedging against me....that's why I heckled them after my second ascent. They hadn't realized that Billy came with me....so I heard a lot of tough-talk that they likely never intended to let me hear...but nonetheless...the hostility was very much felt.

Feeling as though most people were there to watch me fail and heckle me....you can kinda see things differently now.

AND I too can appreciate your perception as well...you had no idea whatsoever as to the nature of reception I was getting....which provoked/prompted my behavior.

So there ya go....seems we can move on now, but I think I'll be passing on joining that group in the future.